Do you belive the steeles are shopping bell?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Do you belive the steeles are shopping bell?

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:32 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 pm
Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:14 pm Somebody previously mentioned the Steelers getting a compensatory pick if they hold him and he signs elsewhere. If that's accurate, there's the value in holding him.
There is, but they are based upon playing time, so obviously missing 10 games is going to most likely knock him down to the lower levels of compensatory picks.
I thought it was based on playing time with his new team, not the old team, but I'm no expert.

Another factor not mentioned is that the Steelers can't be very active in free agency if they want to get a comp pick for Bell. Maybe if they already plan to sit the year out it makes sense to hold him and get the comp pick in 2020, but it seems like they would be handcuffing themselves. I might prefer a 19 5th and the added flexibility over a 2020 late 3rd if I ran the team.

Is there anything stopping a new team from agreeing to a deal with Bell, cutting him, then signing him to the agreed new deal? Seems like that is one potential work around.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kuphal_99 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 am

Comp picks are based off of the value of the contract. If Bell signs elsewhere for $100 million but the Steelers sign other teams free agents for contracts totaling $100 million it is a wash and they receive no picks.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Dak, Wentz
RB-Zeke, Chubb, J Taylor, D Henderson, C Patterson, Pollard, J Wilson, Ty’son Williams
WR-Adams, Hill, Diggs, Boyd, A Brown, A Robinson, AJ Green
TE-Kittle, Goedert,
K-Butker

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:26 am

So where does Bell go? I heard some possible places are Indy, Philly, Jets, and Bucs.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:05 am

Kelldon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:26 am So where does Bell go? I heard some possible places are Indy, Philly, Jets, and Bucs.
Only a few teams in the league have the capspace to absorb his contract. I think the Jets and the Colts would be the favorite, but for ROS, Bell missing training camp and going to a completely different offense wouldn't be very appealing.

I still think him and his agent have done an awful job handling this situation.