The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Gurley

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Dynastychamp111 wrote:I look forward to when gurley leaves the rams. Can you imagine the cost of gurley if he goes to a good team?
After four more years of potentially significant wear and tear? Possibly five if he gets tagged? I'd put little value on that in my valuation.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:28 pm

Westy22 wrote:the Fisher resigning news
for half a second i read this as Fisher had stepped down and got so damned excited.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2023 Champ: Benny Blanco
2022 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj (again!)
2021 Champ: ZShultz
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

captain caveman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain caveman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Too bad he is stuck in LA....waste of talent
12-team ppr qb super-flex/1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex

Brees/Dalton/Hoyer/Shimonek/Kessler
Hilton/Baldwin/Sanders/Garcon/Funchess/Gordon/Gallup
Gordon/Coleman/Crowell/Perine/Prosise/Ballage/Ekeler/Vereen/Artis-Payne/Marshall
Engram/Ebron/Wilson

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
Dynastychamp111 wrote:I look forward to when gurley leaves the rams. Can you imagine the cost of gurley if he goes to a good team?
After four more years of potentially significant wear and tear? Possibly five if he gets tagged? I'd put little value on that in my valuation.
Haha, that little gem came from a guy who chose BuckFama as his name anyway. So his talent recognizing skills may be a little dim to begin with.

*Gurley is better than he's been lately
Last edited by 1standgoal on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:58 pm

Seattle is a top tier rushing defense and the Rams won the game. No shame in that. Keenum was terrible against San Francisco and provided no sort of threat to get the defense out of the box. Unfortunately run defense is one of the few things Tampa does well too... Tough schedule to start the season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Todd Gurley

Postby HawkeyeState » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:09 am

I'm up there as one of the biggest Gurley supporters out there.
I emphatically had him ranked way ahead of Melvin Gordon pre draft (and still do).
But most still have him locked and loaded ranked as the #1 Dynasty RB.
Is anyone else concerned that he's sitting at 2.9 YPC?
Sitting at RB16 in full PPR
And really has not had a game yet that you could use to support #1 Dynasty RB ranking.

What do you guys think?!
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Todd Gurley

Postby 1standgoal » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:21 am

I'm sure its rough for Gurley owners who burned a 1st or 2nd on Gurley to see David Johnson, a guy I got in the mid 2nd, go out there and feast at the #1 RB spot on a weekly basis. Still though I think Gurley's slump has to be short term thing. When Goff does eventually take his place in that offense, regardless of the media talk, I expect things to open up and Gurley to see better defensive fronts. Wouldn't hurt to bring in a top level WR either

*side note: Theres always a chance the Rams aren't trying to succeed. Some of the coaching and management decisions really boggle the mind. Keep that in mind when hitching your Wagon.
Last edited by 1standgoal on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:24 am

Luckily I don't see what I saw with TR...I will say I don't have him as the RB1 in dynasty...I have him and 3 others as co-RB1s lol.

I will say I am pleased they are finally getting him involved in the passing game. I hope that the rams pass offense starting to come on a little bit bodes well for boxes getting a little lighter.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:42 am

There's not an RB in the league who sees more stacked boxes.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote:There's not an RB in the league who sees more stacked boxes.
*** This ***

When Goff comes in and if he can show he can stretch the field they will be good. I would be buying Gurley everywhere if you could. Can't expect him to be DJ but he will get the touches every week.

Very few RB are guaranteed touches like he is so you just have to live with lowish performances for now.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:53 am

As far as your question goes. I think the answer is no, it is hard to consider him the current #1 dynasty RB or those that do, will likely be disappointed when end of season rankings come out.

Let me say I'm a huge fan of Gurley and he's immensely talented. This year defenses are game planning against him, but does anyone here really see that changing drastically soon? Part of value to me is situation, not just talent. Gurley's needs a lot of infusion to improve. If Goff doesn't become a reliable QB as plenty drafted in his range have not, it will further stunt Gurley's potential value. The team seems to need QB, WRs, as well as Linemen. And as much grief as we give or defend Melvin Gordon, the Rams line is actually graded worse than the San Diego line to this point in the season.

If I am taking RBs today, I feel better about David Johnson and Ezekial Elliot. Even if Gurley eventually hits his talent level by getting the appropriate personnel around him will his total career worth be more than that of Zeke?

Like I said, I'm a big Gurley fan, but I believe you have to give the edge to runners that are talented and in good situations, even if he is more talented than them.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:04 am

Yeah I'm kind of with Reljac on this one. I own him in two leagues and am looking to buy him in the third. I think he's undeniably talented and there's no Trent-like bust risk here. That said, RB's have a short shelf life and (as we're seeing) can be very situation dependent... so this is the whole reason you build around WR. What really sucks is when the situation eclipses a high percentage of their career, which I think we MAY be in danger of with Gurley if the Rams don't add some WR to open it up.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 am

1standgoal wrote:I'm sure its rough for Gurley owners who burned a 1st or 2nd on Gurley to see David Johnson, a guy I go in the mid 2nd, go out there and feast at the #1 RB spot on a weekly basis. Still though I think Gurley's slump has to be short term thing. When Goff does eventually take his place in that offense, regardless of the media talk, I expect things to open up and Gurley to see better defensive fronts. Wouldn't hurt to bring in a top level WR either

*side note: Theres always a chance the Rams aren't trying to succeed. Some of the coaching and management decisions really boggle the mind. Keep that in mind when hitching your Wagon.
Remember Fisher is only 6 loses away from being the NFL's all time lose leader, I think you may be on to something. :think:
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm not worried about the talent of Gurley, as much as the talent around him.

That O-Line is garbage and so is the QB/WR play for the Rams. You've got to hope the Rams address O-line and WR this off-season which will help open things up for Gurley.

On the flip side, he's starting to be more involved in the passing game which adds a 2nd element to his skill set. With his speed/vision, along with catching a few passes each week, he's still top 3 in terms of RB's.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:02 pm

LOL.... time to stir the pot. Proof's in the pudding. Talented yes. YPC is 2.9 and if that doesn't represent a red flag for ALL that read this forum, we can start discussing the concept of hypocrisy.

I've watched Adrian Peterson's career and I can tell you that for the vast majority of it, he was THE focus of the attention of the opposing defense. I also saw Barry Sanders whole career. Anyway, I can tell you that for much of AP's career, his qb was, well, changing, his Wrs were, well, not Randy Moss, and... his O-line was not considered elite. He saw 8 in the box more than any other rb I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe J.Charles... Anyway, ELITE talent is supposed to overcome. Right? There are a lot of Gurley apologists on this site. I'm not knocking the talent, but, I do see a crap ton of hypocrisy around here and right now is time to take it in. Gurley is not a "generational talent". The league's defenses have caught on and are simply taking him out of the game. The Ram's O line isn't good. I know that. But, the Qb play hasn't been bad. Not as bad as some like to hint at as an excuse. The Wr play hasn't been the worst in the league. Not a strength, but... they are still a winning team. Gurley simply isn't what many wanted him to be. He isn't the #1 dynasty rb and that is clear to me. In order to be that, talent, luck, health, situation have to blend. It hasn't.

Is it clear to you? That is the question.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.