Packers @ Seahawks 8/21

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Packers @ Seahawks 8/21

Postby meineymoe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Early Impressions:

Packer offense, particularly Rodgers to Jennings, in high gear. Finley looks more like a WR out there, very much involved in the passing game. Ryan Grant also looking good rushing and receiving.

Hasselbeck looked in great form, and D. Branch seemed to be a favorite target the first couple of drives. Forsett and Jones splitting carries, and they both got tackled by Packer defensive linemen, which is not a good sign.

-oo-

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Packers @ Seahawks 8/21

Postby meineymoe » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:00 pm

On Defense, Francois started for AJ Hawk - his stock was low, but seems to keep plunging.

Leon Washington had a good run, and the Seahawk passing game keeps on clicking with Hass to Housh and Mike Williams. The Washington TD run was the best rush all night by a Seattle player - Forsett and Jones better watch their backs.

For the second week, the Packer defense still hasn't done anything to impress, though the linemen are playing tough. The dbacks for both teams tonight are having a tough time defending the pass. For Seattle, Hawthorne had a couple of good plays.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:03 pm

It was nice to see Leon running well on that TD. In fact, there were so many gruesome leg injuries last year... it's nice to see they're all back in action.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:39 pm

How my cheatsheets are affected after this game, risers and fallers:

Leon Washington is a big riser. He looked fast and strong and confident. He is my top option of that three headed committee. I'll admit I've never been high on Julius Jones or Forsett, and neither of them did anything to change my mind in this game.

WRs Deon Branch and Mike Williams both have earned a spot on my lists - granted, it was against that sieve known as the Packer pass defense, but both got plenty of looks, and looked good. Housh is still probably the top target, and I'm thinking Golden Tate has to take a hit on the rankings. At TE, Carlson got some looks - however, he didn't impress me with his inability to make catches.

QB Hasselback doesn't look like he's anywhere near giving up his job, and with the WR weapons he has, could be a solid option if needed.

For the Packers, Ryan Grant showed once again that he is the RB for the Packers, and should be considered a top tier player. I'll feel very confident playing him as my RB 2, or even RB 1 in larger leagues.

I've already got great confidence in Rodgers, Finley and Jennings, who I predict will all be top 5 at their positions. Jones didn't do much with his opportunity in this game, so Driver isn't really in any danger of being beat out just yet.

As for IDPs, Hawthorne, who I haven't had a chance to watch before, looks like a player, so hopefully they find a spot for him to start. Jenkins spent a lot of time in Seattle's backfield and made some tackles, if you're looking for possible DL help.

-oo-

gratefulydead3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gratefulydead3 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 pm

meineymoe wrote:How my cheatsheets are affected after this game, risers and fallers:

Leon Washington is a big riser. He looked fast and strong and confident. He is my top option of that three headed committee. I'll admit I've never been high on Julius Jones or Forsett, and neither of them did anything to change my mind in this game.

WRs Deon Branch and Mike Williams both have earned a spot on my lists - granted, it was against that sieve known as the Packer pass defense, but both got plenty of looks, and looked good. Housh is still probably the top target, and I'm thinking Golden Tate has to take a hit on the rankings. At TE, Carlson got some looks - however, he didn't impress me with his inability to make catches.

QB Hasselback doesn't look like he's anywhere near giving up his job, and with the WR weapons he has, could be a solid option if needed.

For the Packers, Ryan Grant showed once again that he is the RB for the Packers, and should be considered a top tier player. I'll feel very confident playing him as my RB 2, or even RB 1 in larger leagues.

I've already got great confidence in Rodgers, Finley and Jennings, who I predict will all be top 5 at their positions. Jones didn't do much with his opportunity in this game, so Driver isn't really in any danger of being beat out just yet.

As for IDPs, Hawthorne, who I haven't had a chance to watch before, looks like a player, so hopefully they find a spot for him to start. Jenkins spent a lot of time in Seattle's backfield and made some tackles, if you're looking for possible DL help.

-oo-
great notes and i love the idea :thumbup:

don't know about Jennings being top 5 but everything else i agree with

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:18 pm

meineymoe wrote:Early Impressions:

Packer offense, particularly Rodgers to Jennings, in high gear. Finley looks more like a WR out there, very much involved in the passing game. Ryan Grant also looking good rushing and receiving.

Hasselbeck looked in great form, and D. Branch seemed to be a favorite target the first couple of drives. Forsett and Jones splitting carries, and they both got tackled by Packer defensive linemen, which is not a good sign.

-oo-
He will be widely seen as a top 5 WR again after this season!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:30 pm

That Rodgers to Jennings combo looked GOOD!!

I can definately see top 5 for jennings this year
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo