Forte/Henne for Garcon/Addai/Sproles

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
GridironDonkey's
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Forte/Henne for Garcon/Addai/Sproles

Postby GridironDonkey's » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:41 pm

I've been offered the following trade:

Give - Forte/Henne
Get - Garcon/Addai/Sproles

As I am relatively new to Dynasty leagues, I thought I would seek out some expert advice on this one as I am having a tough time judging this trade for the long-term.

Don't care for Sproles, but with my WR's leaving much to be desired, I am definitely interested in Garcon. With Taylor in CHI and Martz saying it will be a 2 RB team, not sure how much better Forte will be than Addai, especially after last years performance.

The other team also has Gerhart, Tate, Felix, and Forsett, so I could try to get one of those instead of Addai or Sproles. Any advice/feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:53 pm

I would go after WR's.. Sproles and Addai do nothing for you especially in the future.. I would work on getting rid of both Kolb and Henne and get some WR's, Kolb's value will never be higher than it is right now IMO and you have absolutely no need for either one of them.. In one of the trades I would try and get back a bye week filler for the one week that Rodgers is off but for this trade I would say no. It doesn't really benifit you at all you need WRs and Garcon is not the answer for you, in PPR see if you can get Collie if you want a WR from Indy...
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Wow, that's a tough one. I think I would take the deal as the drop from Forte to Addai is minimal if it's even a drop at all and I am really high on Garcon.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 pm

I like the deal for what it does for you right now as you need Garcon to upgrade your WRs. Addai showed last season that he isn't an afterthought in Indy...yet but you should stay on top of the wheeling and dealing. I would try and get Felix or Ben Tate instead of Sproles. For that though you may need to use Kolb in the deal instead of Henne, depending on who the other owner values more.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't like it. As down as I am on Forte, I'd rather have him than Addai, who will likely move on from the Colts' offense next season and Forte is younger. The other pieces to the deal don't really do much for me. Henne is more valuable than Garcon and Sproles is worthless. I'd stand pat.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I think you're allllmost there on a deal that would help you out.

I would fine tune it a little bit.

I would trade kolb straight up for a WR. Kolb for Garcon is fair, but maybe you can do even better, depending on the kolb love in your league.

I do like Kolb better than Henne, but so will everyone else in your league, so you can get a better return for him.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Forte/Henne for Garcon/Addai/Sproles

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 am

Forte and Addai are close in value. The problem is that Forte's value has dipped down due to him having a knee injury last year that cost him his explosivness. Addai's value bumped up because D.Brown got injured and wasn't able to be worked in as much. I think Forte is a buy low and Addai is a sell high, so you're on the wrong side of this deal for me. Getting Garcon would be nice, but Sproles has very limited value.

I agree with the comment of trading Kolb for a WR.

GridironDonkey's
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Forte/Henne for Garcon/Addai/Sproles

Postby GridironDonkey's » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks everyone for the feedback/advice! Much appreciated.

I did a counter offer to the other manage with Forte/Henne for Addai/Garcon/Tate. See what he says. I also proposed offers of Kolb various other teams for WRs - Harvin, Meachem, Maclin, Nicks to some other teams. Not sure if anyone will bite or if I am trying to get too much in return. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of teams who need QB's, but have decent WRs.