Parris Campbell
5%

Total votes: 216

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

Postby steelman » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:26 pm Davis owners have wasted so many sell opportunities.
Sell for what though? For most of his rookie year I could have gotten a mid to high 1st for him, but why would anyone do that? Since then, he hasn't even been worth a 1st. What's the point of trading him for a 2nd or even less? Or a mediocre player? history has shown that talented players in bad situations usually end up in better situations eventually. I didn't expect it to take this long for him, but he's just worth so little that there's no point in selling. The odd big game does nothing for his trade value

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:26 pm Davis owners have wasted so many sell opportunities.
I think you meant Sammy Watkins owners.

What sell opportunities did Davis present btw? Dude has been a disappointment from day 1 and continues to be that way.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:27 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:04 pm
I think you meant Sammy Watkins owners.

What sell opportunities did Davis present btw? Dude has been a disappointment from day 1 and continues to be that way.
Glad to see its just not me stuck on air this train to no where.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm honestly not worried about david figuring it out at all tbh

The talent is there. Thats indisputable

We've seen him absolutely ball out some know it's there. The QB situation will be address in the off season.

If he's your wr1 or 2 then you're in trouble but I'm sure most people have much better starting options. Hes basically a young prospect that's taking a bit longer than we were hoping.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:42 pm
You can’t sell if nobody is buying.

I’d rather hold Davis than flip him for whatever mediocre prospect I’d get with a second/third rounder or whatever other garbage people are offering for him.
I got an offer for a 5th recently. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:52 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:42 pm
You can’t sell if nobody is buying.

I’d rather hold Davis than flip him for whatever mediocre prospect I’d get with a second/third rounder or whatever other garbage people are offering for him.
I got an offer for a 5th recently. :thumbup:
Haha snap accept. You could draft the next Qadree Ollison with that!
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:10 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Sell for what though? For most of his rookie year I could have gotten a mid to high 1st for him, but why would anyone do that? Since then, he hasn't even been worth a 1st. What's the point of trading him for a 2nd or even less? Or a mediocre player? history has shown that talented players in bad situations usually end up in better situations eventually. I didn't expect it to take this long for him, but he's just worth so little that there's no point in selling. The odd big game does nothing for his trade value
People were buying this week on the notion that things were now different with Mariota firmly on the bench.

The problem is that Davis owners, who were desperate for a sell high moment prior to last week, bought into the same hype and were afraid they'd sell him right on the verge of him finally breaking out.

I'm not criticizing, I get it. I'm doing the same thing right now with Arob who I've been trying to sell for 2yrs but am scared to sell now that he's played well enough for people to pay a reasonable price for him. But the opportunity to sell was there last week after Tanny took over and Davis had a nice game and FOMO made people miss it yet again.

Every Davis owner spent the last 6 weeks thinking "I just hope he has a big game so I can sell him" but then when that big game happened they were scared to sell him because they thought this time, this big game, it might be his big breakout.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:31 pm

Davis is looking like a bust. I liked him coming out of college, but I've moved on, personally. I traded him. I just can't get on board with the fact he's this talented player being held back by everything around him. He will never live up to his draft status. He's not going to be a top WR. He may be a good WR2 or 3 on a team, but I just don't see the "talent". He has some talented attributes, but he's not a consistent football player, and has shown no indication any breakout will ever come. He is showing the opposite Regression in the offense and an offense no longer focusing on him. He had the target share last year, and he'll probably never get that again.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:56 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:10 pm
People were buying this week on the notion that things were now different with Mariota firmly on the bench.

The problem is that Davis owners, who were desperate for a sell high moment prior to last week, bought into the same hype and were afraid they'd sell him right on the verge of him finally breaking out.

I'm not criticizing, I get it. I'm doing the same thing right now with Arob who I've been trying to sell for 2yrs but am scared to sell now that he's played well enough for people to pay a reasonable price for him. But the opportunity to sell was there last week after Tanny took over and Davis had a nice game and FOMO made people miss it yet again.

Every Davis owner spent the last 6 weeks thinking "I just hope he has a big game so I can sell him" but then when that big game happened they were scared to sell him because they thought this time, this big game, it might be his big breakout.
I'm not sure how many people were buying this week, but I can tell you that the best offer I got was a 3rd. Not sure if that is what you consider a sell high or not, but I mean i guess thats better than nothing.

I think there was some cautious optimism heading into this week considering the Titans were playing the Bucs and then hoping Tannehill would make him at least flex worthy going forward. However, you acting like a Corey Davus market materialized after last week is false.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:14 am

Vcize wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Every league is different obviously, because my league doesn't overreact to 1 or even a couple big games. Davis was still worth almost nothing in all my leagues. Maybe I could have gotten a 3rd, but why bother? With his talent, I might as well consider it a dead roster spot and forget he exists until next year, then I can play this game all over again.

Unless there's some terrible owners out there (which there is) then no one is getting anything of any value for Davis.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:17 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:31 pm Davis is looking like a bust. I liked him coming out of college, but I've moved on, personally. I traded him. I just can't get on board with the fact he's this talented player being held back by everything around him. He will never live up to his draft status. He's not going to be a top WR. He may be a good WR2 or 3 on a team, but I just don't see the "talent". He has some talented attributes, but he's not a consistent football player, and has shown no indication any breakout will ever come. He is showing the opposite Regression in the offense and an offense no longer focusing on him. He had the target share last year, and he'll probably never get that again.
A big part of me wants to agree, because what are the odds he starts producing after all these years? But then when I watch him play, I see a guy doing everything he can to get open and the ball isn't getting there. I watched part of the game yesterday and saw him beat his man for what should have been 2 long TD's. There were a couple other opportunities for catches that I saw. As a WR, all you can do is beat your man and hope the ball gets there. Every time I watch that team play, I see him do just that. The guy gets open

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:16 am

I hate holding him but drafting him as a late 1st wasn't too bad of a loss at this point. I bought low in my other league bc I do believe in the talent. Worth a hold over the garbage I'd get in return anyway

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:31 pm Davis is looking like a bust. I liked him coming out of college, but I've moved on, personally. I traded him. I just can't get on board with the fact he's this talented player being held back by everything around him. He will never live up to his draft status. He's not going to be a top WR. He may be a good WR2 or 3 on a team, but I just don't see the "talent". He has some talented attributes, but he's not a consistent football player, and has shown no indication any breakout will ever come. He is showing the opposite Regression in the offense and an offense no longer focusing on him. He had the target share last year, and he'll probably never get that again.
The talent is there, but it's being marginalized by an offense that simply has no plan for him. This isn't a DeVante Parker situation where the talent doesn't do anything right to begin with. Davis is doing the right things.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am
The talent is there, but it's being marginalized by an offense that simply has no plan for him. This isn't a DeVante Parker situation where the talent doesn't do anything right to begin with. Davis is doing the right things.
He's just not that good. It's pretty clear the Titans over drafted him. He's not a top 5 pick talent.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:37 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:34 am
He's just not that good. It's pretty clear the Titans over drafted him. He's not a top 5 pick talent.
He's not a Top 5 pick, I agree. But, he is good. They just aren't prioritizing him in the offense.