Corey Davis vs the 2019 Rookie WRs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which WR would you take in a startup?

Corey Davis
67
33%
NKeal Harry
60
30%
Marquise Brown
13
6%
Deebo Samuel
5
2%
DK Metcalf
25
12%
AJB
20
10%
MeCole Hardman
2
1%
Parris Campbell
10
5%
 
Total votes: 202

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:34 am

Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Factory of Sadness » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:18 am

I love Cory Davis. You love Cory Davis. None of us love his hamstring. He's clearly a talent with great potential. With a more accurate QB throwing him the ball, he'd be golden. Anyone else starting to worry that Mariota and the Titans will keep him unstartable for another year or two?

User avatar
Fezzik
Captain
Captain
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Fezzik » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:13 am

Unfortunately that's exactly what I think.

I think he's a great buy low if you have time to hold though.
Mud Dogs 0.5PPR
QB (1) - C. Newton, D. Jones
RB (1) - T. Gurley, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, J. Howard, M. Ingram. J. McKinnon, D. Foreman
WR (3) - J. Jones, A. Brown, A. Cooper, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, T. Lockett, D. Johnson, Hardman
TE (1) - Kittle, Gesecki, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

The Brute Squad- PPR of 0.25 for RB, 0.5 for WR
QB (1) - Roethlisberger, Rivers
RB (1) - T. Gurley, L. Miller, D. Foreman, J. McKinnon
WR (3) - D. Hopkins, A. Jeffery, S. Shepard, J. Crowder, M. Williams, Humphries
TE (1) - Hockenson, Olsen, Pruitt, Warring
Flex (1) - any r/w/t

Macho Man Randy Savage (Full PPR)
QB (1) - Ryan, Darnold
RB (1) - Barkley, Hyde, Breida, Mack, McKinnon, Ajayi
WR (1) - OBJ, K. Allen, R. Cobb, Diggs, J. Brown, Sutton, Isabella, D. Samuel, Slayton
TE (1) - Kittle
Flex (2) - any r/w
Extra 2020 first

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:28 am

If you are just starting to worry you are a little behind the curve.. But yes, there is reason to worry.

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL
Captain
Captain
Posts: 765
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby JOHNNY_COCKTAIL » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am

In his 2nd season and if he musters 100 yards in his last game he'll have 1000 yards on the year. What am I missing? Tons of guys Golden Tate, Edeleman, Diggs, Woods, among others all started there careers significantly slower. Bad quarterback makes it all the more impressive. Ill be buying corey Davis everywhere this off season
12 Team PPR (PPR- QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, FLEX, D, K)
QB- Winston
RB- Barkely, Cook, AP
WR- K. Allen, Hill, Diggs, Golladay, DJ Moore, Shepard, Enunwa, Callaway, Chark
TE- Kelce, Gesicki

10 Team .5 PPR. QB Premium. Added Big Play Points (QB, RB, WR, TE, 3 FLEX (non qb), D, K)
QB- Brees, Mayfield, Prescott
RB- Barkley, Cook, Dixon, I. Smith
WR- OBJ, D. Adams, Evans, B. Cooks, Kupp, C. Davis, Godwin, Boyd, Fuller, J. Gordon, Gallup
TE: Mike Gesicki, Vance McDonald

12 Team. Superflex. TE Premium. PPR. (QB, SF, 2-4 RB, 2-4 WR, TE)
QB: Wilson, Ryan, Eli, Fitzpatrick
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Ekelar, I. Smith, D. Lewis, Gio
WR: Hill, Evans, KA, Metcalf, M. Brown, Whiteside, Agholor, D. Robinson
TE: McDonald, Reed, Hurst, Everett

12 team. PPR. Superflex.
(1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 3 Flex, TE)
QB: Luck, Wilson, Lock, Fitzpatrick
RB: Joe Mixon, Josh Jacobs, D. Lewis, J. Richard
WR: Mike Evans, Hill, Cooks, M.Brown, Gallup, Ross, Richardson
TE: Kelce, Everett, Smith

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4332
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Bot101 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:40 am

embe5291 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am
In his 2nd season and if he musters 100 yards in his last game he'll have 1000 yards on the year. What am I missing? Tons of guys Golden Tate, Edeleman, Diggs, Woods, among others all started there careers significantly slower. Bad quarterback makes it all the more impressive. Ill be buying corey Davis everywhere this off season
He has 843 yards as of right now, so he will need a little more than 100 yards to hit 1k. And while 1000 yards sounds good, its really not considering what Davis fans expect. If he hit 1000 yards hes averaging 58 yards per game. And his situation doesnt look likely to improve next year. If you are rebuilding with a 2 year expectation then hes a good buy.

His price has been extremely inflated based on a couple plays and his draft capital.

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8923
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:00 am

Davis looks the part of a stud WR to me. Good routes, separation skills are there, nice catch radius, YAC ability. Mariota hasn't been good, but I think he's capable of playing better than he has. If I can get Davis at a fair price, I'd go for it. And I think that will be the case. If I owned him, he wouldn't be someone I'd be looking to move unless it's in a package for a proven stud.

ericanadian
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4924
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby ericanadian » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:20 am

Mariota’s been playing hurt most of the year and is in the first year of a new offense. I’m not sure he’ll ever be elite, but I suspect he’ll go back to being an efficient low volume passer and Davis can be productive with that.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11968
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:04 am

I think there are bigger obstacles than Mariota. The Titans will not become an "air it out" team anytime soon and as we all know, volume is probably the single most important thing for fantasy success. With the team finally potentially figurine out how to use Henry and a defensive minded coach in Vrabel, it is hard to see Davis being anything more than a WR3.

He will likely be more valuable in real life than fantasy.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Blueboy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:58 am

Phaded wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:04 am
I think there are bigger obstacles than Mariota. The Titans will not become an "air it out" team anytime soon and as we all know, volume is probably the single most important thing for fantasy success. With the team finally potentially figurine out how to use Henry and a defensive minded coach in Vrabel, it is hard to see Davis being anything more than a WR3.

He will likely be more valuable in real life than fantasy.
Exactly this. I’d rather have Mike Williams as my WR3, and he’s probably a lot cheaper.

User avatar
BigBawseRoss
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 7524
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 am

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Bot101 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:40 am
embe5291 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:09 am
In his 2nd season and if he musters 100 yards in his last game he'll have 1000 yards on the year. What am I missing? Tons of guys Golden Tate, Edeleman, Diggs, Woods, among others all started there careers significantly slower. Bad quarterback makes it all the more impressive. Ill be buying corey Davis everywhere this off season
He has 843 yards as of right now, so he will need a little more than 100 yards to hit 1k. And while 1000 yards sounds good, its really not considering what Davis fans expect. If he hit 1000 yards hes averaging 58 yards per game. And his situation doesnt look likely to improve next year. If you are rebuilding with a 2 year expectation then hes a good buy.

His price has been extremely inflated based on a couple plays and his draft capital.
spot on. both statements are how i feel.

good buy low for rebuilder, good trade piece for a win now, holding high value based on being a top 5 pick and a splash game or two.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Rivers , Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Tyrod
Kamara, McCoy, D FreemanCohen, Bibbs, Clement,J. Allen, ty mont,Ito Smith
K Allen, Hopkins, M Williams, AROB Alshon,KeKe,MVS,T McLaurin
Ebron Graham, Njoku, Irv

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Trubitsky, Dak
Chubb,Mixon, D Henry,Coleman, D Harris, Armstead, Mostert
Hopkins, K Allen, M Evans, C Davis, Watkins, Arob, M Williams, Edleman, J Gordon, Hurd
Ertz, Everett, Fant


team 3
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =07&F=0008

team 4
https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0010

team 5
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =0008&O=07

team 6
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2019/o ... =07&F=0004

team 7
https://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2019/ ... =07&F=0011

User avatar
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3457
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:16 pm

I think we've all been spoiled by Wrs and especially RBs lighting it up year 1. The 3 year rule for Wrs still remains. He should have a +1200 floor going forward
QB - DWatson(HOU)Winston(TB)Finely(DEN)
RB - TGurley(LAR)DJohnson(ARI)NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)
WR - ODB(NYG)AJ Green(CIN)ACooper (DAL)CDavis(TEN)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Badgley(LAC)
Def - JAGS DET
[rookie] NHarry(NE)MBrown(BAL)Haskins(WAS)

1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2 - 2020's
Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players dont take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd year players that were drafted

User avatar
dynastyninja
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2979
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:24 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:16 pm
I think we've all been spoiled by Wrs and especially RBs lighting it up year 1. The 3 year rule for Wrs still remains. He should have a +1200 floor going forward
That's a pretty optimistic floor. I'd consider that closer to his ceiling for next season.

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3363
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am

dynastyninja wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:24 pm
MrUbuto wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:16 pm
I think we've all been spoiled by Wrs and especially RBs lighting it up year 1. The 3 year rule for Wrs still remains. He should have a +1200 floor going forward
That's a pretty optimistic floor. I'd consider that closer to his ceiling for next season.
Agree. No way thats his floor. Sub 1000 yards is his floor.

He's another example of why it's usually cheaper to buy wrs as opposed to drafting them high. I'd imagine you could easily buy Davis cheaper than the 1.03 or better that it costed to draft him originally.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Winston, Dalton
RB: Kamara, Gurley, Sanders, Royce
WR: Julio, OBJ, Keenan, Fuller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2020: 1.05

User avatar
btv802
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby btv802 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am
I'd imagine you could easily buy Davis cheaper than the 1.03 or better that it costed to draft him originally.
Easily? Not sure why you think that. People are really down on the 2019 rookie class and I'm not seeing many of them being projected as 1st rounders in the NFL Draft. I think you'd really have to fall in love with a prospect or their landing spot to sell Davis for that type of price.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

User avatar
Orenthal Shames
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3363
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Re: Corey Davis- Can he survive Mariota?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:38 pm

btv802 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:20 am
I'd imagine you could easily buy Davis cheaper than the 1.03 or better that it costed to draft him originally.
Easily? Not sure why you think that. People are really down on the 2019 rookie class and I'm not seeing many of them being projected as 1st rounders in the NFL Draft. I think you'd really have to fall in love with a prospect or their landing spot to sell Davis for that type of price.
Maybe not at this point today, but post combine when rookie draft prep begins people catch the fever. Happens every year.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 man rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19 Champion

QB: Winston, Dalton
RB: Kamara, Gurley, Sanders, Royce
WR: Julio, OBJ, Keenan, Fuller
TE: Kelce, Kittle

2020: 1.05


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Hottoddies, Jimbo Jones, NWABCS, Prospector, zoster80 and 11 guests