CJ Anderson Locked in as Starter?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

CJ Anderson Locked in as Starter?

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 am

With Gary Kubiak as HC how does CJs running style fit Kubiaks scheme? I'm thinking of taking him with my 5th round pick but am concerned he gets replaced.

Huddle3233
Captain
Captain

Re: CJ Anderson Locked in as Starter?

Postby Huddle3233 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 am

I don't think Anderson gets replaced. He is #1 rb. Ball may want the job back but CJ is elite.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:05 am

If you look around this forum and the Genera Discussion forum, you'll find several very recent threads on CJA. In short, there's a lot of disagreement. Some are thinking top-5 RB in 2015, others are thinking sell sell sell before he gets replaced.

Personally I'm buying all day at current prices, which are around 4th-5th in a startup.

Grimmer
Captain
Captain

Postby Grimmer » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:54 am

Weeks 9-16 last season (the time when CJA was starting) in my .5PPR league, only 3 players had a better FP/G total than CJ (20.2)... Bell (25.8), Lynch (20.8), and Lacy (20.8). If you look at 9-17, only Bell was better. Everything I seem to be reading is that CJA is a perfect fit for Kubiak as well... read this article
12team dynasty .5ppr 2QB,2RB,3WR,2TE,1W/R

QB Stroud, Levis, JimmyG, Huntley, Stidham
RB AJones, Zamir, Pollard, Singletary, Hubbard, Deuce, Rodriguez, McLaughlin
WR JJ, Cooper, Odunze, Cooks, Hollywood, Worthy, Shaheed, Corley
TE Bowers, Freiermuth, Knox, Hurst, Hudson, Moreau, Mallory, Ruckert, Higgins, Krull
DST DAL
K Tucker
2025 picks: 2, 3, 4, 5
---------------------------------------------------
2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1Flex-1LB-1DB
Ppr, .2pt per rush, .5per comp, 1pt/10 ret yd

QB Tua, Geno, Fields, Brissett, Huntley
RB JT, Hall, Javonte, Conner, Mitchell, Lloyd, Allgeier, McLaughlin
WR Nabers, Olave, Dell, Jeudy, Lockett, Cooks, Meyers, Shaheed, Legette, Franklin, Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnson, Wandale
TE Andrews
LB Q.Williams
DB Nixon
DST NYJ
K
2025 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

StrikeAnywhere
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:02 am

I personally don't believe in CJ long term because there was a lot more than just changing running backs that went into that point production, there was an entire offensive scheme shift. Also, this draft is DEEEP in RB options and it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that if the Broncos are going to commit to the run they try to upgrade the position.

Having said that, at the price of a 5th rounder in a start-up it is probably worth the gamble to take him if you are drafting before the NFL draft.
Contract dynasty football with IDP's are my jam.

DynastyNutt
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby DynastyNutt » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:12 am

I think CJ Anderson keeps the job, but I don't see him maintaining his high level of production through a 16 game season. Somebody will probably overpay for him in the third or fourth round