IDP Love - LB Demario Davis or LB James Laurinaitis

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Spirit of 76
Role Player
Role Player

IDP Love - LB Demario Davis or LB James Laurinaitis

Postby Spirit of 76 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I can get one of these in trade. No sal cap or limit to how long they can be owned.

A 28yr old Laurinaitis (scored 189pts in my league, 2014....24th ranked LB)
A 26yr old Demario Davis (scored 200pts in my league, 2014....17th ranked LB)

Who wouod you prefer and why? The slightly older talent with proven ceiling and steing name reco? Or the younger unheralded guy with more tread on the tires.

Both would cost the same, so comes down to who the preffered LB.

roofy61
Role Player
Role Player

Re: IDP Love - LB Demario Davis or LB James Laurinaitis

Postby roofy61 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Davis. Younger and is the best LB on the team. I think he is only getting better. Laurinaitis is getting older and Alec Ogletree is a great LB as well. In the end go with your gut. i'm don't thin your losing with either, i just prefer Davis myself.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:51 pm

I like Laurinitis a lot, but I think you have to look at situation too. That front 4 in STL won't be letting nearly as many ball-carriers through as the line in NY. Combined with being a bit younger, and not splitting tackles with a younger, equally talented LB (Ogletree) I have to lean towards Davis.

Spirit of 76
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Spirit of 76 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:08 pm

This is what Footballguys' Gene Brammel had to say about Bowles effect on Davis: "We may see the Jets prioritize bringing Harris back in free agency. I don't expect any of the other front seven roles to change significantly and there's nothing in Bowles' playbook that will make Demario Davis a more consistent tackle producer."

Spirit of 76
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Spirit of 76 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 pm

And heres an interesting perspective:

http://turnonthejets.com/2015/03/the-ne ... r-problem/

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:25 am

It is Davis for me.
He is spotty in pass coverage but better than Haris. Davis is a pretty solid IDP option even if not spectacular LB1 type
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams