McKinnon or Sankey

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

McKinnon or Sankey

Postby ThrawnFett » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:17 am

Who would you rather have on your team? McKinnon or Sankey?

I've got an opportunity to trade McKinnon for Sankey, just trying to figure out if I should.

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: McKinnon or Sankey

Postby Chandler Bing » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:18 am

Sankey

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 am

I think Sankey is OK (he's better than Greene, but that's not saying much), but is in a great situation.

McKinnon has tons of talent, but is new to the position. He has higher upside, Sankey has a higher floor.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:33 am

ThrawnFett wrote:Who would you rather have on your team? McKinnon or Sankey?

I've got an opportunity to trade McKinnon for Sankey, just trying to figure out if I should.
Sankey.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 am

Sankey, don't know if McKinnon is a long term solution yet.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm

People cant get over where they drafted these guys.

mcKinnon looks explosive with great instincts and very good power. Sankey has looked good, but nothing too special. Doesnt help Whisenhunt has done a horrible job so far.

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Sankey has boring college tape, and guess what it translates to the NFL. The most special thing about him is his combine. Kid is the most average jack-of-all-trades without vision, explosiveness, or power that I have ever seen. To me he looks like a Daniel Thomas/Donald Brown clone.

McKinnon looks phenomenal in real life already, and was taken by MIN only a round after Sankey.

I know the whole dynasty-world went with the whole "Sankey #1 rookie back" thing over the summer, but I really never got why people were so excited about him. I'd be ok with owning him at the right price, but before the draft I liked Crowell, Hill, Mason, and Sims better on film and am not chasing him personally until he proves me wrong in a game (did not see much in Jerick's film because he's at a different position which was hard to evaluate -- avoided Jerick until his opportunity and man has he looked explosive in games!). I wish the kid well, but he really hasn't done anything interesting for me, and given that I was lower on him compared to average from the get-go I think the above responses are just a symptom of his fading hype combined with a definite opportunity to start.

I certainly wouldn't trade my McKinnon straight up for him at this point. I'd want at least a 2nd, and even then might hold.
Last edited by TurtleBK on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:33 pm

McKinnon for me, not close.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

Grizzly
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Grizzly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Eye test. MCKinnon in a land slide.
2015 League Champion

Double Cup Dynasty
12 Team Dynasty (Year 5)
1qb / 2rb / 2wr / 1te / 2flex (rb/wr/te)
16 players kept YOY
.5 PPR / .2 PP carry

GRIZZLY
QB - Carson Wentz, Phillip Rivers
RB - Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Isaiah Crowell, Dion Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Carson, Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick
WR - Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Paul Richardson
TE - Greg Olsen

2018 - 1st rd, 2nd, 5th
2019 - 1st rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Recency bias runs supreme around here, so sad.

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm

I mean seriously Birds who do you think looks better on NFL film? Who doesn't have a gorgeous opportunity to inherit an NFL backfield right now? Which backfield would you rather own regardless of player?

McKinnon, by far. Both do. Minnesota, by far.
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

Mjmart2
Starter
Starter

Postby Mjmart2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Admittedly biased because I own McKinnon but I side with him. I think if he would have played at a prominent RB role like Sankey in college, he would have been drafted much higher. Bridgewater should be a solid QB as well so defenses will have to respect the pass which is very important for RB production. The Tenn QB is a mess now with Mettenberger getting the nod now so Id imagine defenses will be stacking the box until a QB there can earn the respect.
12 Team, PPR, 1 pt pr 8 completions & 10rush attempts, 5 pts forall TDs, 20 man Roster
1QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

TEAM 1
QB- Luck, Goff
RB - Gurley, Abdullah, Carson, Rawls, J. White, McGuire
WR - AJ Green, Demaryius, Allen, Sammy Watkins, Reynolds, Mitchell, Amendola, Humphries
TE- Olsen, Watson
1.10, 2.10. 3.10. 4.10

Team 2
QB- Luck, Goff
RB- Cook, McKinnon, Carson, Crowell, Langford, Vereen
WR- Hopkins, Watkins, A. Cooper, Meredith, Fuller, Kupp, Lee, Corey Davis
TE- Eifert, Everett, Watson
1.07, 2.07, 3.07, 4.07

Team 3
QB- Luck, Goff, Taylor
RB- Gurley, Gore, Crowell, Abdullah, Dixon, Ekeler, West
WR- ARob, Keenan Allen, C. Davis, R. Woods, Britt, J. Ross, T Williams, T. Taylor
TE-Cook, Everett
1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 4.01

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Why would you rather own the Minnoesota backfield? Have you actually watched Sankey play? The guy is constantly hit behind the line, I've seen him dance around just to get back to the line.

Do you understand that everything you said is subjective? How somebody looks on tape may be different to you then it does to others. I actually liked Sankey's college tape, and he was my number #1 far before his combine performance. He played two games with Whitehurst at QB and basically zero passing offense.

Are all of you that think McKinnon is the future 100% certain they don't draft a new RB? We're talking about a team that had AP for the last few years.

I personally prefer Sankey, but its not extremely far apart. I think its hilarious that people say McKinnon and not close. That's who my post was directed at.

The Dirty Birds
Starter
Starter

Postby The Dirty Birds » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Mjmart2 wrote:Admittedly biased because I own McKinnon but I side with him. I think if he would have played at a prominent RB role like Sankey in college, he would have been drafted much higher. Bridgewater should be a solid QB as well so defenses will have to respect the pass which is very important for RB production. The Tenn QB is a mess now with Mettenberger getting the nod now so Id imagine defenses will be stacking the box until a QB there can earn the respect.
I like the thinking behind the idea that he would have been drafted higher had he played RB in college, nice post.

tboucher71
Starter
Starter

Postby tboucher71 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Mckinnon for me
TEAM 1
14 TEAM STD SCORING/IDP
1QB , 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 3DB

QB: Luck, Romo
RB: McCoy, J. Charles, Mckinnon, K. Davis
WR: A. Jeffrey, J. Nelson, J. Hunter,J. Mathews, C. Latimer, D. Moncreif, Nuk