Mike Evans and Bishop Sankey for Charles?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Make the trade for Jamaal?

Yes
67%
No
31%
Counter
2%

Total votes: 45

bradolock
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Mike Evans and Bishop Sankey for Charles?

Postby bradolock » Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 am

I have the 1.02 and 1.03 picks for the upcoming rookie draft and I have just been offered Jamaal Charles for both of them. Do I accept?
I am leaning towards no or counter offer. Sankey has potential to have an immediate impact and Evans may turn into a WR1 down the road.
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Adrian Peterson, Zac Stacy, Rashad Jennings, Danny Woodhead, Latavius Murray, Marcus Lattimore, James Starks, Dion Lewis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Torrey Smith, Reggie Wayne, Julian Edelman, Stevie Johnson, Danario Alexander
TE: Jordan Reed, Levine Toilolo
D/ST: Kansas City

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Mike Evans and Bishop Sankey for Charles?

Postby breeze » Wed May 28, 2014 5:28 am

All depends on team makeup. Did you "earn" the 1.02 or 1.03 or were they other teams picks that you traded for?

If either weren't from trade, I would not be trading for Jamaal Charles. Elite RBs are for win now teams only
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

bradolock
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bradolock » Wed May 28, 2014 5:35 am

We just started our dynasty league this year and I traded for them.
8 man league. 3 flex starts
Aaron Rodgers
AP
Zac Stacy
Megatron
Torrey Smith
Jordan Reed
Rashad Jennings
Danny Woodhead
Julian Edelman
Dunno how to do the team signature ha
RB: Adrian Peterson, Zac Stacy, Rashad Jennings, Danny Woodhead, Latavius Murray, Marcus Lattimore, James Starks, Dion Lewis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Torrey Smith, Reggie Wayne, Julian Edelman, Stevie Johnson, Danario Alexander

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 am

Unless you know that Charles makes you the team to beat, I stay with the picks.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Wed May 28, 2014 5:41 am

This is tough. Having Megatron and AP make you look like you want to win now but for an 8 - team league you don't have that great of a lineup from top to bottom. If you make this trade and don't win a championship this year or next year, your team will be in awful shape with no championships to show for it.

I'm usually all for trading for elite players in 8 team leagues but Torrey Smith as your WR2 is scary imo.

Dee
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Dee » Wed May 28, 2014 5:46 am

Breezy12 wrote:This is tough. Having Megatron and AP make you look like you want to win now but for an 8 - team league you don't have that great of a lineup from top to bottom. If you make this trade and don't win a championship this year or next year, your team will be in awful shape with no championships to show for it.

I'm usually all for trading for elite players in 8 team leagues but Torrey Smith as your WR2 is scary imo.
This!
Orphan Team 1
QB:Dalton/Griffin III/Manning E
RB:Peterson A/Sproles D/Blount L/Brown R/Mathews R/Brown D/Taliaferro
AJG/Harvin P/Jones J./Bryant M/Richardson P
TE:Thomas J/Graham G
12team PPR- QB, RB(1-2), WR(3-4) TE

Orphan Team 2
Kapernick/Rivers/Tannehill
AP/Tate/Wilson D/Johnson C/Jackson F/Brown B/Robinson D/Stewart J
Cobb/Hunter/Wright K/Williams T/Evans/White R/Wheaton/Rice
Cook/Eifert/Witten
12 Team PPR-QB/RB(2)/WR(2)/TE(1)Flex(1 RB/TE/WR)

Team Diva
Ryan/Brady
Jennings/Bush R/Carey K/Williams A/Tate
DT/Wright K/Wallace/Shorts/Rogers D/Richardson P/Gallon
Graham J/Allen D
12 team PPR QB/RB/WR/TE Flex(2 WR/RB)

bradolock
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bradolock » Wed May 28, 2014 6:05 am

Mm thanks for the advice guys. The thoughts shown here reflect my initial stance of leaning towards no. Torrey is king btw.

Miah35
Captain
Captain

Postby Miah35 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:32 am

I f this was a 16 team league I'd have trouble not making this deal. But since this is an 8-team league where quality always beats depth I'd do this in a heartbeat. Having an elite player in an 8 team league is much better than owning two prospects that could easily be replaced on waivers.
Entering my 10th Year of Dynasty.

I believe Every Player has Two Values:

1. The Price it would take for you to SELL a Player
2. The Price you would PAY to acquire a Player

YOU create your own market

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Wed May 28, 2014 6:38 am

Miah35 wrote:I f this was a 16 team league I'd have trouble not making this deal. But since this is an 8-team league where quality always beats depth I'd do this in a heartbeat. Having an elite player in an 8 team league is much better than owning two prospects that could easily be replaced on waivers.
Yea but his roster looks like it's a 16 team league......getting Charles will likely just make him a middle of the pack team which is the worst spot to be in. You don't win championships and you don't get good draft picks.

Miah35
Captain
Captain

Postby Miah35 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:43 am

Breezy12 wrote:
Miah35 wrote:I f this was a 16 team league I'd have trouble not making this deal. But since this is an 8-team league where quality always beats depth I'd do this in a heartbeat. Having an elite player in an 8 team league is much better than owning two prospects that could easily be replaced on waivers.
Yea but his roster looks like it's a 16 team league......getting Charles will likely just make him a middle of the pack team which is the worst spot to be in. You don't win championships and you don't get good draft picks.
I should have looked at his team first. I agree

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Wed May 28, 2014 7:00 am

bradolock wrote:We just started our dynasty league this year and I traded for them.
8 man league. 3 flex starts
Aaron Rodgers
AP
Zac Stacy
Megatron
Torrey Smith
Jordan Reed
Rashad Jennings
Danny Woodhead
Julian Edelman
Dunno how to do the team signature ha
8 Team league you are far from a contender. Torrey Smith is a fringe WR3 in 8 team. Edelman does have WR2 potential in PPR, but I wouldnt count on it. Jennings will be supplanted or at least time share with Williams. Woodhead has a very low ceiling. You can trade for Charles to have a shot if you get a lot of luck, but you really need to replace a few of the guys with some studs. I would stick with Evans/Sankey.
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

bradolock
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bradolock » Wed May 28, 2014 7:04 am

You guys serious? It's an 8 man league not a two man league. There's only one guy in the league who has two star wrs (and he has chris ivory and rueban randle in his flex). The league is pretty even talent wise. Breezy you prob would've said my line up looked like a 16 man league last year when i had gordon and gio as my flexs. douche. didnt come on here to have hate hurled at me.
badnewsbarrett: the team viewed as the best in my league has crabtree as his wr2, with olsen as his TE and austin in his flex.. You guys assume 8 man leagues have stars everywhere but they dont.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Wed May 28, 2014 7:07 am

bradolock wrote:You guys serious? It's an 8 man league not a two man league. There's only one guy in the league who has two star wrs (and he has chris ivory and rueban randle in his flex). The league is pretty even talent wise. Breezy you prob would've said my line up looked like a 16 man league last year when i had gordon and gio as my flexs. douche. didnt come on here to have hate hurled at me.
badnewsbarrett: the team viewed as the best in my league has crabtree as his wr2, with olsen as his TE and austin in his flex.. You guys assume 8 man leagues have stars everywhere but they dont.
Wow. Don't come on here asking for advice, I give that to you and then you call me a douche. I didn't say anything wrong, I stated facts. Your team is not strong from top to bottom.

But I'm done wasting time trying to help you when you ask a question. And I think most people on this thread will agree who the douche is.

And to rub it in because you deserve it. In my 10 team league, Crabtree is my WR4. With DT, Dez and Marshall in front of him. My team is twice as good as yours with more teams, IDP and larger starting requirements. So maybe you should take my advice rather than be a jacka$$ :lol:

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Wed May 28, 2014 7:17 am

bradolock wrote:You guys serious? It's an 8 man league not a two man league. There's only one guy in the league who has two star wrs (and he has chris ivory and rueban randle in his flex). The league is pretty even talent wise. Breezy you prob would've said my line up looked like a 16 man league last year when i had gordon and gio as my flexs. douche. didnt come on here to have hate hurled at me.
My 10 team league ppr roster

Brees, Griffin

Peterson, Martin, Murray, Ellington, Johnson

Dez, Julio, Garcon, Cruz, Floyd, WIlliams

Witten

My backups are better than your starters. Exactly what Breezy said, don't come here looking for advice and then get pissed off when it isn't what you want to hear.
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

bradolock
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bradolock » Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 am

How many years have u been playing and who with loool. someone who plays for 4 years could stumble upon that lineup derp. We just started; A rod, stacy, calvin and AP are talent ya use with ya first 4 picks in a draft. Expecting to get a stud in the 5th rd?
You said my start up 8 man looked like a 16 man league team. Thats hate ya dick
DT, Dez and Marshall- Do a redraft now and u expect to get those three? think not. do you know what context means breezy?