Keeper Question: Drop Von Miller for Mychal Kendricks?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Keeper Question: Drop Von Miller for Mychal Kendricks?

Postby btv802 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:49 am

We have free reign over drop/adds in the offseasn and I'm looking at available options that I might want to keep for myself or keep away from other teams. Mychal Kendricks is available but I'm maxed out on LBs and would have to drop one of Kiko Alonso, Bobby Wagner, Von Miller or DeMarcus Ware (who counts as a DE/LB hybrid). Would any of you consider dropping Von Miller for Mychal Kendricks?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Re: Keeper Question: Drop Von Miller for Mychal Kendricks?

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm

What are your settings? Unless sacks are super valuable, I'd drop him for Kendricks.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Team Tacos wrote:What are your settings? Unless sacks are super valuable, I'd drop him for Kendricks.
Agreed. Kendricks is a LB1 in most formats, and Miller is at best a LB3.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

BAMtastic
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BAMtastic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 am

rangerdave wrote:
Team Tacos wrote:What are your settings? Unless sacks are super valuable, I'd drop him for Kendricks.
Agreed. Kendricks is a LB1 in most formats, and Miller is at best a LB3.
x2

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:30 am

I would give up any of those lb except kiko for kendricks. would prob give up ware before miller tho. or better yet keep both if you can and release a de. play ware at de then
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:54 am

knotts4372 wrote:I would give up any of those lb except kiko for kendricks. would prob give up ware before miller tho. or better yet keep both if you can and release a de. play ware at de then
This
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:55 am

Yep that's what I was thinking just needed somebody else to confirm. Kendricks finished last season hot and looks primed to be a stud for the Eagles this season. Von is a speed rushing OLB coming off ACL surgery who's just as likely to put up 0 points as he is likely to put up 20. I'd rather have Kendricks who looks like he could put up 10-15 per game consistently.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sportstalkryan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:57 am

Based on standard IDP scoring, the above responses are correct. But man does it make me frustrated. If one of the goals of FF is to mimic the NFL GM experience, then our scoring systems need to reflect the true value of players to their NFL teams as accurately as possible. That's why I advocate for big play scoring over tackle emphasized scoring. Von Miller should be as close to an untradeable LB as there is, and yet it makes sense in your set up to just cut him. smh
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby breeze » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:17 am

sportstalkryan wrote:Based on standard IDP scoring, the above responses are correct. But man does it make me frustrated. If one of the goals of FF is to mimic the NFL GM experience, then our scoring systems need to reflect the true value of players to their NFL teams as accurately as possible. That's why I advocate for big play scoring over tackle emphasized scoring. Von Miller should be as close to an untradeable LB as there is, and yet it makes sense in your set up to just cut him. smh
I know what you mean. My league is super big play heavy. Sacks are worth 6 solo tackles, plus you get the solo on top of the sack so technically 7. I love it that way.

I don't have Von but I do have Justin Houston and he is practically untradeable. Same with Greg Hardy and Chandler Jones. Tackle heavy leagues make stud DL expendable too.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:04 am

sportstalkryan wrote:Based on standard IDP scoring, the above responses are correct. But man does it make me frustrated. If one of the goals of FF is to mimic the NFL GM experience, then our scoring systems need to reflect the true value of players to their NFL teams as accurately as possible. That's why I advocate for big play scoring over tackle emphasized scoring. Von Miller should be as close to an untradeable LB as there is, and yet it makes sense in your set up to just cut him. smh

If you wanted a truly realistic NFL GM experience, you would not be making many player trades anyway.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Not trying to jump the thread, but what is MKs value? In a 12 team league I offered Rashard Jennings to the MK owner. I know IDPs are easier to draft and their trade value is skewed by most owners, but just curious. Figure I would try and go after a young stud LB for the price of a 29yr old RB, even though I like Rasahard Jennings as a RB 2/3.