need quick help with gronk in a start up

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

need quick help with gronk in a start up

Postby sloth8u » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:03 am

ive moved up to grab gronk at the end of the 3rd in our superflex startup. i now have 2 owners asking about what it would take to get him. both are offering their 4th and '14 rookie 1st. im not going to move him for that, as i gave more to get him. what would a fair asking price be? i know the cheapest way to acquire someone you want is in the draft, but ive already paid to get him. should i just hold on to him? im going to want an overpay to move him.

AU6294TX
Starter
Starter

Re: need quick help with gronk in a start up

Postby AU6294TX » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:08 am

I'd have wait until after the draft unless someone throws another top 7 round pick in addition to the 4th and first. Even then I'm assuming you probably gave a 4th or 5th and like and 11th to move up.
Standard scoring league
6 pt td
.5 ppr
.1 per yard
Year 2
25 keeper league
10 team league
Palmer Gurley Parts Finished 10-4 and 3rd place in 2015
qb- Palmer, Prescott, Trubisky
HB- Gurley, Miller, Howard, CJ Anderson, Vereen, McKinnon, Rawls, Rodgers, Collins, Burkhead, Charles
WR- Julio, Hopkins, M. Thomas, DJax, Maclin, M. Bryant, Ty. Williams, Floyd, Gordon, R. Anderson, T. Taylor, C. Samuel, T. McBride, D. Westbrook
TE Griffin, Kroft
K- Elliott

stapel0
Starter
Starter

Postby stapel0 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:14 am

I don't understand the question. If you moved up to get him, hold onto him unless someone blows your doors off with an offer. You clearly like him better than end of 3rd round value, so don't trade him unless you get much better than that.

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:12 am

You took Gronk in the 3rd, what were your first 2 rounds? WR-RB?

What value is still on the board for you to pick up in the 4th/5th round? I agree with AU6294TX in that a 4th,5th and Rookie 1st doesn't seem like a bad counter. Look at what is left and decide if having 4 more picks till the end of the 5th round can get you some good depth. Plus you'll have 2 rookie 1st round. They are lottery tickets but you could trade those for a good vet as you get closer to the rookie draft.
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3