MFL Scoring issue

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

MFL Scoring issue

Postby dlf_jacobf » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 am

Question for you guys. How do you set up your scoring for sacks on myfantasyleague?

One of my leagues is running into some issues because MFL counts a sack as a sack, TFL, and a tackle. We want a full sack to count as 4 points, which we split 2 sack, 1 TFL, 1 tackle to get that four. The issue is with half sacks. TFL are only awarded on solo tackles, so our half sacks only count as 1.5 points. That means someone that gets two half sacks would only be awarded 3 points while a full sack is 4.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: MFL Scoring issue

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:19 am

You are kind of stuck with what you have. In reality, a full sack is really better than 2 half sacks, so I actually like that the 2 half sacks are less than a full sack. That guy who's just there at cleanup time and can't beat the other guys there isn't rewarded as well as the guy who can get there. 2 half sacks really shouldn't be worth a full sack in my mind, so I actually like it. I have a simlar set up with 6pt sack, 2 pt tackle, 1 pt TFL and no one has complained about it or maybe they haven't realized it yet. However, my response will be (if asked) that 2 half sacks in the NFL really aren't equal in quality of a play as a true sack and the scoring is what it is... and the FF point reward reflects that that difference in the quality of the plays.

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Good point. Thanks for the feedback!

BAMtastic
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BAMtastic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:51 am

if it is the same for everyone - then don't worry abt it

each week every game/player total is different so should equal out over time.