College team bias trade

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
bamafan1987
Role Player
Role Player

College team bias trade

Postby bamafan1987 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:20 pm

So from my name you can see I follow Alabama in college ball and a guy in my league is an Ole Miss fan. I want Mark Barron and he wants Patrick Willis. How does this trade sound to get the guys we want: I send Patrick Willis and Earl Thomas and receive Jerod Mayo and Mark Barron in return. This is a tackle heavy format if that matters to you. We start 2DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and 2 DP spots that I fill with LBs. is this a fair trade to get they guys we want from our college teams?

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Re: College team bias trade

Postby Team Tacos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Nope. Patrick Willis is worth all 3 of them put together, plus more.

bamafan1987
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bamafan1987 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Oh ok, wow. Didn't know that he still was. I thought Willis was just more of a name at this point with Bowman eating into his tackles and him coming off the field now in some passing situations. Thanks

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Postby Team Tacos » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Well that's true, I'd definitely rather own Bowman. But Willis is still a top IDP LB. Good luck man, I definitely understand the dilemna.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:31 pm

I think it's a pretty even trade. I probably still prefer Willis to Mayo, but the gap is closer than it was two seasons ago. Thomas and Barron are a pair of young stud safeties, so that part is pretty much a wash.

-oo-

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 am

meineymoe wrote:I think it's a pretty even trade. I probably still prefer Willis to Mayo, but the gap is closer than it was two seasons ago. Thomas and Barron are a pair of young stud safeties, so that part is pretty much a wash.

-oo-
Agreed. Bowman has surpassed Willis in SF.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.