DFW EXPERT ROOKIE MOCK 2013 #5 DRAFT (March 25, 2013)

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

DFW EXPERT ROOKIE MOCK 2013 #5 DRAFT (March 25, 2013)

Postby eNdblu » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Was trying to find some recent mock drafts and found this one that was published a couple of days ago

Links: http://draftcalc.com/fantasy-football-c ... ock-draft/
MFL Link: http://football.myfantasyleague.com/201 ... 73203&O=17
Round One

1.01 – Eddie Lacy RB

Drafter (@_Knuckleheads) Commentary: This is one of the weaker draft classes in terms of offensive talent, but I will still go running back as long there is first-round (NFL) talent on the board. As we’ve seen in the past, many rookie receivers, and even some lower-tier backs, wind up making a name for themselves during the regular season. So I will lock up the best running back of this year’s class every time.

1.02 – Cordarrelle Patterson WR

Drafter (@JDBeckler) Commentary: See some mocking him to the Panthers and that seems like a good fit for him. Wherever he ends up he should make an impact.

1.03 – Giovani Bernard RB

Drafter (@JeffRatcliffe) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

1.04 – DeAndre Hopkins WR

Drafter (@Orca_DFW) Commentary: The three players I would consider picking before Hopkins are off the board. I’m not comfortable with the available running backs and I think Hopkins is ready to contribute to his NFL team week 1.

1.05 – Montee Ball RB

Drafter (@Ladd_Davies) Commentary: I may be in the minority, but I like Ball quite a bit. Especially if he lands in the right situation, he could become a solid NFL rusher. (Comments Added Mon Mar 25 11:36:54 p.m. ET 2013)

1.06 – Joseph Randle RB

Drafter (@WildThingFB) Commentary: I really like Randle’s prospects to contribute from Day 1 in the NFL. He can catch passes, can block and has a fantastic burst of speed.

1.07 – Le’Veon Bell RB

Drafter (@draftcalc) Commentary: I don’t think many NFL teams even know how talented this runner is. In the right spot, we could be looking at the Doug Martin of this year’s draft.

1.08 – Tavon Austin WR

Drafter (@evansjo5) Commentary: He’s a human highlight reel. And tough — never missed a game. More Welker than Amendola that way, but with Harvin quicks. Probably fell because special teams TDs don’t count in this scoring system.

1.09 – Kenjon Barner RB

Drafter (@Bill_Riccette) Commentary: Shifty guy who could end up a solid 3rd-down back and help in the passing game.

1.10 – Jonathan Franklin RB

Drafter (@JeffHaseley) Commentary: I like Johnathan Franklin more than Montee Ball and Le’Veon Bell and if a team like GB, PIT, NYJ, IND, SD or CIN takes him, he could be a feature back as early as 2013 – he’s that good. In a draft filled with capable backs, Franklin sticks out to me as someone who is pro-ready, can be a factor in the receiving game and have plenty of skills to garner playing time. His stock could go way up if the right team drafts him. On talent alone, he is still in my Top 2-3 backs in the 2013 draft.

1.11 – Tyler Eifert TE

Drafter (@zbullsmoke) Commentary: Because the tight end position lacks top talent in the NFL, I’m more than happy to take a chance on Eifert at this point in the draft. i cant find as many knocks against him as i do with the players that are still on the board as well as a few that have already been taken. I think he becomes a solid starter with upside going forward.

1.12 – Marcus Lattimore RB

Drafter (@ShanePHallam) Commentary: Guess I was put at 12 assuming I’d win the league Pickings are slim here, but if I am a contending team, Marcus Lattimore at 1.12 makes a lot of sense. RB a bit thinner, high potential, and a championship team can essentially redshirt him for a year. Great character, big health risk, but reward is big.

Round Two

2.01 – Keenan Allen WR

Drafter (@_Knuckleheads) Commentary: Could be a great value pick if he eventually burns up the stop watches in the 40-yard dash.

2.02 – Geno Smith QB

Drafter (@JDBeckler) Commentary: Almost certain to be drafted by a team he can start for right away, I like Smith’s chances at having an impact on my dynasty roster sooner rather than later.

2.03 – Justin Hunter WR

Drafter (@JeffRatcliffe) Commentary: Still a bit raw as a route runner, and the explosiveness wasn’t quite what it was before his knee injury. Still, his huge catch radius and size/speed combination is intriguing.

2.04 – Andre Ellington RB

Drafter (@Orca_DFW) Commentary: I’d be happy to take a swing for the fences here with Andre Ellington. He plays much faster than his 40 time indicates and if you believe the tweaked hamstring excuse, that’s even more reason to take him here. I would have been tempted to take Geno here, but that decision was made easy for me.

2.05 – Knile Davis RB

Drafter (@Ladd_Davies) Commentary: I love his size/speed. Ball security has been a small problem but that can be easily worked on. Can easily be a top RB one day.

2.06 – Mike Gillislee RB

Drafter (@WildThingFB) Commentary: Gillislee is one of those rare athletes that can do it all and do it all really well. He can run, catch and block and will be in the mix for RB1 reps on the right team.

2.07 – Zac Stacy RB

Drafter (@draftcalc) Commentary: I can’t say I’m a big fan of any of the rookies left at this point, but Stacy has the most upside of the rookies left. While there are more solid rookies in this draft class than most suggest, as so many call this class super-thin, I think after the 2nd-round the talent vanishes pretty quick. I’m all about trading up this year into the first-round, so that I have multiple first-rounders and no 2nd+ picks.

2.08 – Jawan Jamison RB

Drafter (@evansjo5) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

2.09 – Stedman Bailey WR

Drafter (@Bill_Riccette) Commentary: Not provided by drafter.

2.10 – Markus Wheaton WR

Drafter (@JeffHaseley) Commentary: Not provided by drafter.

2.11 – Da’Rick Rogers WR

Drafter (@zbullsmoke) Commentary: Love this player. Tough as nails. Hope he gets his head screwed on straight and hope he goes to a team with good locker room leaders.

2.12 – Robert Woods WR

Drafter (@ShanePHallam) Commentary: I wasn’t a fan of Robert Woods when he was considered a Top Ten pick, but now he is a 2nd-3rd rounder? Sign me up. Loads of talent, and he can make some sideline catches and should be a reliable PPR player. I’d take him over the last 2 WRs who went off the board.

Round Three

3.01 – Matt Barkley QB

Drafter (@_Knuckleheads) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

3.02 – Quinton Patton WR

Drafter (@JDBeckler) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

3.03 – Zach Ertz TE

Drafter (@JeffRatcliffe) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

He’s not too far behind Eifert, but is a much better value at this point.

3.04 – Kenny Stills WR

Drafter (@Orca_DFW) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

3.05 – Aaron Dobson WR

Drafter (@Ladd_Davies) Commentary: A great combo of size with pretty good speed. Great hands and catch radius. Doesn’t catch with the chest. Route running could use work, but I’m happy to take him here.

3.06 – Terrance Williams WR

Drafter (@WildThingFB) Commentary: Williams is a big WR at 6-foot-2 and 208 pounds. He has had some hands issues but looks like he could be a strong possession receiver in the NFL.

3.07 – Christine Michael RB

Drafter (@draftcalc) Commentary: I like the upside here and I actually take back what I said earlier about not expecting to like some of the remaining talent – this could be a great value pick, as there is a chance a team believes in this kid enough to draft him into a competitive situation. If he gets into an environment where he can compete for carries, I think he has a real shot at a solid NFL career. Like with every player in this range, situation is everything, though.

3.08 – Travis Kelce TE

Drafter (@evansjo5) Commentary: Wanted Michael here, took another “character concern” guy with upside. Kelce is a complete tight end with field-stretching ability.

3.09 – E.J. Manuel QB

Drafter (@Bill_Riccette) Commentary: None provided by drafter.

3.10 – Ryan Nassib QB

Drafter (@JeffHaseley) Commentary: In some people’s estimations, Nassib is the best QB prospect in this year’s draft. He may have some areas to work on, but one area that’s hard to teach is accuracy and Nassib is ahead of the curve in that department. It may take him a year or two to get accustomed and find his niche, but he has the skills and intangibles to be a decent QB in this league. At the end of round 3 – he’s a steal, in my opinion.

3.11 – Tyler Wilson QB

Drafter (@zbullsmoke) Commentary: There are Injury concerns but I love the way Wilson plays. Gunslinger and stays in the pocket making throws even when he knows the hit is coming. Tough as nails.

3.12 – Taylor, Stepfan FA RB (R)

Drafter (@ShanePHallam) Commentary: Feel like Taylor could be a steal here. Tough runner who showed some burst in games. He could be more productive than some of the RBs who went in the 1st round in this draft if he ends up on the right team. Undervalued right now apparently. Expect this ADP to rise rise rise after the draft

Round Four (copied from the MFL link in the article)
4.01 - @_Knuckleheads - Goodwin, Marquise FA WR (R)

4.02 - @JDBeckler - Graham, Ray FA RB (R)

4.03 - @JeffRatcliffe - Wilson, Marquess FA WR (R)

4.04 - @Orca_DFW - King, Tavarres FA WR (R)
Love this guy. Really confused why more people aren't talking about him. Shout out to Bronte for bringing him to my attention.

4.05 - @Ladd_Davies - Dysert, Zac FA QB (R)
His injury has caused his stock to fall some but I'll take the upside here. Should he land in the right situation he could be a quality NFL QB in the years to come. Good arm, movement, delivery, and scans through progressions well.

4.06 - @WildThingFB - Glennon, Mike FA QB (R)
Great arm strength but perhaps lacks mobility in the pocket and would need strong protection to be successful. Worth the risk in the 4th round.

4.07 - @draftcalc - Swope, Ryan FA WR (R)

4.08 - @evansjo5 - Scott, Matt FA QB (R)
One of the few QBs in this draft who can run the read-option. Needs experience going through progressions but has a good arm and is very athletic (top 4 among QBs in all combine drills).

4.09 - @Bill_Riccette - Robinson, Denard FA WR (R)

4.10 - @JeffHaseley - Harper, Chris FA WR (R)
Chris Harper is someone who is starting to get some rise. The former Oregon Duck was once a quarterback, turned receiver. The jury is not quite out on him yet, but he is rising up the ranks and is catching the eyes of several scouts and draftniks. He has adequate speed (4.50) and has shown good hands as well as other tangible receiving skills. At this point in the draft, I'll take a chance on him.

4.11 - @zbullsmoke - McDonald, Vance FA TE (R)

4.12 - @ShanePHallam -Escobar, Gavin FA TE (R)
Escobar is my #2 TE and could be a downright steal in the 4th round of a rookie draft. Pass catcher with the frame to block? I'll take him as a developmental TE prospect
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

farmerj3
Captain
Captain

Re: DFW EXPERT ROOKIE MOCK 2013 #5 DRAFT (March 25, 2013)

Postby farmerj3 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

Honestly I had to laugh at this "expert" draft.... I mean come on, barner and randle in the mid 1st...Allen falls to the 2nd?

nicaragua
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nicaragua » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 pm

I probably have more of an issue w/ Bell going that high than Randle. I just don't get the love for him. I just cringe at that upright running style. If someone can't teach him to keep his pad level down I can't see him being anything more than the thunder portion of a committee backfield.

don't really get the hate on Randle either lately. when the gametape was fresh in everyones mind back in January he was being talked about top 5 RB. now it seems everyone has gotten a bit of Combine-itis and is falling in love w/ workout warriers like Knile and Chistine Michael. only way I can really explain it. Randle didn't blow anyone away at the combine, but didn't fall on his face either, pretty much delivered as expected. kind of the same thing w/ Montee except he isn't seeing the drop in ADP.

at any rate some of those names in that draft I recognize and respect, so I think there might just be a few bad eggs ruining the picnic.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:45 pm

farmerj3 wrote:Honestly I had to laugh at this "expert" draft.... I mean come on, barner and randle in the mid 1st...Allen falls to the 2nd?
This is how I feel as well. Definitely different. Thats for sure.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowdudes - 14 team - SF, PPR, No TEP - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

BPP
Captain
Captain

Postby BPP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Blatant misuse of the term "expert" going on in here. At least the terrible mock drafters in these forums don't pretend to be experts.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:46 am

Just posting the name of the MFL mock draft :) Maybe it was named "expert" because each of the drafters has their own blog? *shrug*

nicaragua
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nicaragua » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 am

Haseley writes for Footballguys.com which I'd put at least on par w/ DLF. Ratcliffe writes for Pro Football Focus and Hallam for Draftcountdown.com.

the rest of the guys I have no idea.

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Postby will6779 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:47 pm

This is not how i see the draft going but its early yet. Would love to see. Hunter austin and allen left at 1.8.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm a RB early-and-often guy when it comes to drafting, but I think this one was a little ridiculous. Plus, I like some of the RBs who went later in the 2nd and 3rd than some of the RBs that were going too early in the first. But then again, I didn't go to the site so don't know what the scoring/starting lineup rules were.

But you never know. At least some of them gave commentary, which is always helpful in seeing how people are thinking.

-oo-