Gap between AJG/Julio/Harvin and Fitz

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Gap between AJG/Julio/Harvin and Fitz

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 pm

This is for team 1 in sig. I am thinking of offering AJG, Julio, or Harvin to a contender for Fitzgerald + something. What would be the appropriate draft pick to compensate the drop off? Or should I stay put and consider them untouchable.

kkass25
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Gap between AJG/Julio/Harvin and Fitz

Postby kkass25 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 am

Untouchable not even the first round pick overall 2013 is worth it!!!!
14 teams: 0,5PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex, 6IDP
QB: RGIII, Locker, Bradford
RB: Mathews, Ridley, SJack, Pead, Vereen, Moreno, Powell
WR: Dez, Cobb, StevieJ, Blackmon, Hilton, Hill, Baldwin
TE: Graham, Housler

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TJHollywood » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:29 am

AJG and Julio would be untouchable for me. Harvin is close. I wouldn't even consider in a deal for Fitz.

Midnight
Captain
Captain

Postby Midnight » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 am

Don't do it, those 3 are better right now and it the future
Year #9 (3 titles)
12 teams SF .5 PPR 4pt passing TDs
1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1SF 0Kickers

QB- Watson, Herbert, Tua, Purdy
RB- CMC, RWhite, JCook, Swift, Gibson, TyChand
WR- Tyreek, Cupp, Cooper, Palmer, MT13
TE- Kmet, Chig, Likely

Team #2 (going full rebuild in 2022)
year #6 (3 titles)
Fields, richardson, DJones
Charbonnet, Dobbins & bunch of bleep
Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Doubs, Boutte, ZJones, OBJ, Ross
Chig, Gray, Parham
DT-buckner, Madubukie
DE-JBosa, NBosa, ZCollins, Gary, JoshSweat
LB-Leonard, Oluokun, DWhite, DClark, Gay
CB-Lenoir
S-Dugger, Love, Grant, Kearse, Blackmon

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 am

No way. Those three are almost untouchable. Especially if you are not a contender. Those three are three of the top 5 WR assets going into next season in my opinion.

It would have to be like Fitz + Spiller or Martin plus a high pick or something like that to get me to even think about trading any one of those three. If you could extract a Hershall Walker like deal out of him maybe I would think about it but unless he is willing to massively overpaying sit tight.

I would see if you can offload Miles Austin though for a young RB. He is doing you no good on the bench and your RBs are young but unproven. If that is where you are at it is better to have as many of them as possible.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks guys! I just swapped Miles Austin for Jonathan Stewart.

Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Intoodeep » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote:This is for team 1 in sig. I am thinking of offering AJG, Julio, or Harvin to a contender for Fitzgerald + something. What would be the appropriate draft pick to compensate the drop off? Or should I stay put and consider them untouchable.

Since 2010 when Fitz has not had a legit QB, the comparison in rushing + receiving yards and TD's look like this....
Fitzgerald - 43 Games, 3,175 yards, 18 TD's
Harvin - 39 Games, 3,060 yards, 18 TD's

Now, if your view is short sided and you completely base your rankings on "what have you done for me lately" then the answer is what everyone else has responded with. If you would like to stay ahead of the curve, then take Fitzgerald and the pick (if you can get) and reap the rewards next year when he most likely will have a significant upgrade at QB and a healthy O-line (look at 2006 - 2009 Fitz).

Also, please don't get too enamored with the age difference. Fitz is as durable as they come, and should have no problems playing until 34 and beyond at an elite level.
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB - J. Taylor, B. Hall, S. Barkley, K. Williams, D. Achane, A. Gibson
WR - P. Nacua, M. Pittman, AJ Brown, C. Olave, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, D. Wicks, M. Mims
TE - M. Andrews, D. Njoku, I. Likely, T. Kraft
D - Texans, Bears

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 pm

yeah I would NEVER break up a WR group like AJG, Julio and Harvin.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

TJHollywood
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TJHollywood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Intoodeep wrote:
waynesworld1234 wrote:This is for team 1 in sig. I am thinking of offering AJG, Julio, or Harvin to a contender for Fitzgerald + something. What would be the appropriate draft pick to compensate the drop off? Or should I stay put and consider them untouchable.

Since 2010 when Fitz has not had a legit QB, the comparison in rushing + receiving yards and TD's look like this....

Now, if your view is short sided and you completely base your rankings on "what have you done for me lately" then the answer is what everyone else has responded with. If you would like to stay ahead of the curve, then take Fitzgerald and the pick (if you can get) and reap the rewards next year when he most likely will have a significant upgrade at QB and a healthy O-line (look at 2006 - 2009 Fitz).

Also, please don't get too enamored with the age difference. Fitz is as durable as they come, and should have no problems playing until 34 and beyond at an elite level.
I'm not sure what your analysis points out. Fitz has put up 110 yards in 4 more gamEs. Otherwise their stats are comparable. Harvin is also much younger. I also don't see how Fitz gets immediate help at QB next year. The FA pool is nothing special and a rookie would take time to develop. Kurt Warner isn't coming back.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm

TJHollywood wrote:
Intoodeep wrote:

I'm not sure what your analysis points out. Fitz has put up 110 yards in 4 more gamEs. Otherwise their stats are comparable. Harvin is also much younger. I also don't see how Fitz gets immediate help at QB next year. The FA pool is nothing special and a rookie would take time to develop. Kurt Warner isn't coming back.
Oh wow, when I first read the post with the stats I thought that was an argument FOR Percy Harvin! haha I guess I should read it all the way through.

Ive heard from a few places that the Cards might make a move for Alex Smith...idk how that would help or hurt, but I guess anything would be better for Fitz haha
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:49 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote:Thanks guys! I just swapped Miles Austin for Jonathan Stewart.
There, that is a much more reasonable trade. I like it.

As for Intoodeep, maybe the help out Fitz with a better QB, but who do you think is coming? Vick? Smith? Neither of those guys inspire much confidence. It is not like Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers is going to roll into town.

Percy has been doing it with mediocre to poor QB play too. And is 5 years younger. If both he and Fitz play till 34 you get 3 more years of Fitz or 10 more years of Percy. I think that I would still keep Percy.

Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Intoodeep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 pm

all day wrote:
waynesworld1234 wrote:Thanks guys! I just swapped Miles Austin for Jonathan Stewart.
There, that is a much more reasonable trade. I like it.

As for Intoodeep, maybe the help out Fitz with a better QB, but who do you think is coming? Vick? Smith? Neither of those guys inspire much confidence. It is not like Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers is going to roll into town.

Percy has been doing it with mediocre to poor QB play too. And is 5 years younger. If both he and Fitz play till 34 you get 3 more years of Fitz or 10 more years of Percy. I think that I would still keep Percy.
1. He doesn't need a stud like Brees or Rodgers to be better than Harvin. He is already performing as well and may I add doing so with less injury then a 24 year old Harvin. That was my point. If only a slight upgrade at QB he will easily surpass Harvin's fantasy value. Why? Because he is that much better of a wr! Percy is football's version of a "utility player". He is jack of all trades and master of none given his ++ athleticism.

2. Based on his injury history and style of play, I am willing to bet that Fitzgerald outplays Harvin, and who looks at more than 5 years? Hell 2 years ago, Percy was nowhere near top 10! With the amount of social media covering fantasy football these days, and the increasing number of fantasy prognosticators, value of these types of players changes by the week. Come to DLF and Cobb is probably top 5 now because he had a few good weeks.

I like Harvin but when it comes to WR, I try and stack my roster with big people while using the flavor of the week/month/year little people to help me acquire picks and more big people. The NFL is a big boy league!
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB - J. Taylor, B. Hall, S. Barkley, K. Williams, D. Achane, A. Gibson
WR - P. Nacua, M. Pittman, AJ Brown, C. Olave, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, D. Wicks, M. Mims
TE - M. Andrews, D. Njoku, I. Likely, T. Kraft
D - Texans, Bears

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Intoodeep wrote:1. He doesn't need a stud like Brees or Rodgers to be better than Harvin. He is already performing as well and may I add doing so with less injury then a 24 year old Harvin. That was my point. If only a slight upgrade at QB he will easily surpass Harvin's fantasy value. Why? Because he is that much better of a wr! Percy is football's version of a "utility player". He is jack of all trades and master of none given his ++ athleticism. I agree he doesnt need an elite QB to do well, but neither does Harvin. The fact that Harvin is a "utility player" makes him more slump proof than Fitz. If you had Harvin and Fitz on the same team with a terrible QB Harvin would do better. Why? Because you don't need a good QB to throw a bubble screen or hand the ball off. As far as "less injury", in their first 3 years Fitzgerald and Harvin have missed the exact same number of games. Harvin has an ankle sprain, true, but I am not going to knock him down too much in dynasty for that. You could argue that if a player isnt playing he isnt worth much, which I agree with...but considering in their respective last two games (both of which Harvin missed) Fitzgerald only scored 4.2 points more than Harvin (who had zero).

2. Based on his injury history and style of play, I am willing to bet that Fitzgerald outplays Harvin, and who looks at more than 5 years? Hell 2 years ago, Percy was nowhere near top 10! With the amount of social media covering fantasy football these days, and the increasing number of fantasy prognosticators, value of these types of players changes by the week. Come to DLF and Cobb is probably top 5 now because he had a few good weeks. I agree that I don't like to look past 3 year windows. Looking in 10 year (or even 5 year) windows is misguided considering how fluid fantasy football and football in reality are. That said, I am curious about this "injury history" you keep referring too. You make Harvin sound like he is DMC or something lol. Comparing Cobbs relatively low sample size and the hype it has received to Harvin is a little too much. In my non PPR standard scoring league since 2009, Harvin was 25th as a rookie (OROY btw), 20th in 2010, 8th in 2011, and 4th or 5th this year before his injury and currently at 18th after 2.4 points total his last 3 games (11 spots higher than Fitzgerald who has played every game)

I like Harvin but when it comes to WR, I try and stack my roster with big people while using the flavor of the week/month/year little people to help me acquire picks and more big people. The NFL is a big boy league! I dont know how a WR that has shown improvement each and every year is considered the flavor of the week/month/year, but to each his own. And I hope the "NFL is a big boy league" was just a little haha type of moment lol
BTW to argue against Fitz pains me since I was in a couple classes at Pitt with him, but give me Harvin.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 pm

OP said that it is a 1 point ppr. That is the key for me. Percy gets the ball in his hands about 10-15 times a game. His floor for production is a lot higher than Fitz's. Even if they get the likes of Alex Smith in there that will not improve Fitz too much. Just as Vernon Davis or Michael Crabtree.

You keep pointing out the past production. That was Fitz in his prime vs. Percy in his first three years in the league. What was Fitz like in his first three years in the league vs. the likes of TO or Marvin Harrison from 2004-2007? Of course his numbers are better. The point is, which of them would you rather have had in 2007?

Yes, two years ago Percy was not near the top ten, he was a 22 year old second year receiver! He is has been improving while Fitz is getting is getting older and his situation getting worse. The reason people like Cobb is because the guys in front on him on the depth chart are old or going to be a free agent next year and he is another second year receiver that is improving. Not to mention that he has the best qb in the league throwing to him.

I am not saying that you need to look out beyond 5 years I am just saying that the odds of Fitz putting up elite numbers over the next 5 years are much less than the odds of Percy putting up elite numbers over the next 5 years.

And that is fine, you can have all the big old guys you want. I will generally look for a player that is young and improving vs. one that is old and on the down slide of a career.