Wheres that Ridley vs Vereen Poll at?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shuffle
Rookie
Rookie

Wheres that Ridley vs Vereen Poll at?

Postby Shuffle » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:58 pm

I loved seeing all the adamant dogging of Ridley.

No one is talking him up here. These forums often become full of sheep. It was around 65 percent in favor of Vereen being the starter with Ridley being held at 35.

Recall it?

ALL mainstream is hyping up Ridley but hes just a bum on here more often then not.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Wheres that Ridley vs Vereen Poll at?

Postby steelman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 pm

I never understood why so many people were so down on Ridley. When he got carries last year, he produced, and he showed big play potential. Sometimes I wonder if fantasy people read too much football instead of watching it lol. When Ridley ran inside, he ran hard and was hard to tackle. When he ran outside, he showed a ton of speed and was able to get around the corner.

If you give me 2 RB's, both with good talent, I'll take the inside runner every time over the speed guy. A RB has to be able to run inside, and I'm not convinced Vereen is a great inside runner. Sproles is the exception due to that offensive system.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:48 pm

Vereen sucks and is not nearly as explosive as Ridley.

I told you all Ridley was "the guy" in NE and everybody told me I was an idiot because: "b...b...but they selected him before Ridley in the draft!!!"

Well, look who's the idiot now.

ultrarunner
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ultrarunner » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Has the season started yet? So, we do not know who will be the starter yet. Either way I do not care. I would not want to deal with the Patriots backfield.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:13 pm

ultrarunner wrote:Has the season started yet? So, we do not know who will be the starter yet. Either way I do not care. I would not want to deal with the Patriots backfield.
Me either, but until RB's grow on trees, sometimes you have to take a risk and hope for the best.

ultrarunner
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ultrarunner » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Thats is true.

ChrisK
Starter
Starter

Postby ChrisK » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Shuffle wrote:I loved seeing all the adamant dogging of Ridley.

No one is talking him up here. These forums often become full of sheep. It was around 65 percent in favor of Vereen being the starter with Ridley being held at 35.

Recall it?

ALL mainstream is hyping up Ridley but hes just a bum on here more often then not.
Hilarious. The season hasn't even started yet. Last year, ALL mainstream was hyping Kolb at this time. How'd that work? Ridley is looking like the back to own, but c'mon...let's wait a little before you toot your horn.
Non-PPR, 12 Team - 20 player roster, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE

QB: Luck, Flacco
WR: AJ Green, J. Jones, A. Robinson, T. Smith, Gordon, Garçon
RB: Murray, L. Bell, Randle, Vereen, J. Rodgers, Mason
TE: Kelce, Olsen, Reed

Shuffle
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Shuffle » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 pm

I wasnt here last year .. what was the expectations of Kolb here?

I honestly dont recall fantasy mainstream hyping Kolb up asides from the fact that AZ was so desperate for any QB they overpaid for him and everyone was willing to take a gamble fantasy wise. ESPN loved the move but did DLF? Id bet not. Maybe the sheep followed in the forums though. Wont count that out.

Its just entertaining how the silence creeps in on Ridley. Well we can always talk about TRich.. Havent seen a post about him in 10 minutes or so.

People almost HATED Ridley despite his consistant production when on the field. A guy all spectators seen little to nothing from was THEE MAN. All hail Vereen.

Season hasnt started true but I have read far more about the 3rd stringer Boden than have I about Vereen.

dont - dont - dont believe the hype ( I love me some flava flav)

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 pm

ChrisK wrote: Last year, ALL mainstream was hyping Kolb at this time.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 am

Shuffle wrote:I wasnt here last year .. what was the expectations of Kolb here?

I honestly dont recall fantasy mainstream hyping Kolb up asides from the fact that AZ was so desperate for any QB they overpaid for him and everyone was willing to take a gamble fantasy wise. ESPN loved the move but did DLF? Id bet not. Maybe the sheep followed in the forums though. Wont count that out.

Its just entertaining how the silence creeps in on Ridley. Well we can always talk about TRich.. Havent seen a post about him in 10 minutes or so.

People almost HATED Ridley despite his consistant production when on the field. A guy all spectators seen little to nothing from was THEE MAN. All hail Vereen.

Season hasnt started true but I have read far more about the 3rd stringer Boden than have I about Vereen.

dont - dont - dont believe the hype ( I love me some flava flav)
Well I still personally think Ridley Sucks, if that makes you feel any better. :cheers:
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2-3, WR 3-4, TE 1

QB - CJ Stroud, Justin Fields, Matthew Stafford
RB - Breece Hall, Zach Charbonnet, Dameon Pierce, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Michael Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Marquise Brown
TE - Cole Kmet, Luke Schoonmaker, Darren Waller, Jelani Woods
Picks - 1.02, 1.09, 2.02, 4.02 -- All 2025 Picks

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Vereen sucks and is not nearly as explosive as Ridley.

I told you all Ridley was "the guy" in NE and everybody told me I was an idiot because: "b...b...but they selected him before Ridley in the draft!!!"

Well, look who's the idiot now.

Wow. Pulling the whole "I told you so" card 1 day into August huh? :crazy:
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sunnyd23 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:06 pm

steelman wrote:I never understood why so many people were so down on Ridley. When he got carries last year, he produced, and he showed big play potential. Sometimes I wonder if fantasy people read too much football instead of watching it lol. When Ridley ran inside, he ran hard and was hard to tackle. When he ran outside, he showed a ton of speed and was able to get around the corner.

If you give me 2 RB's, both with good talent, I'll take the inside runner every time over the speed guy. A RB has to be able to run inside, and I'm not convinced Vereen is a great inside runner. Sproles is the exception due to that offensive system.
I understand you're trying to make your point. By this logic, you would have taken Lendale White over CJ2K after Johnson's rookie season. Niether Ridley or Vereen have given us enough to make a concrete decision yet. Being a Vereen owner, I'm hoping his injury issues are behind him because that should be his only hurdle in claiming the starting spot. All that said, I don't have a strong confidence either will be a dominant fantasy option.
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:14 pm

By the tone of this thread you would think this entire scenario has played it's course or something. The facts are both backs will be used, Belicheck won't commit to one guy fully as game scenarios will dictate playing time, and he could give a hill of beans about our fantasy teams. Until we see some actual games being played, nobody is going to have any clue what the percentage will be of either guy. It's a situational thing. It's not like after TC Belicheck is going to declare a starter, and that guy will just dominate the backfield. Anybody who is expecting that is fooling themselves. It's just funny to see people running to proclaim how right they were 1 day into Training Camp practice.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 pm

I believe Vereen is the more talented RB over Ridley. However, one really doesn't effect the other, because they'll have different roles. It's like picking between A.Hernandez and Gronk at TE. They have different jobs and they don't effect the value of the other one due to assigned roles. There is no point to picking one or the other, because both will have different roles. You could debate Woodhead or Vereen... Ridley or Bolden, since those RB's are competing for the same role. However, I believe it's pointless to both to debate or pick one or the other between Vereen or Ridley, because both will be used in different roles.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Shuffle wrote:I wasnt here last year
I'm trying to figure out why you're here now.
12-team, 24-man roster, QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1flex/K/TD
4pt passing TD, 6pt other TD, 1pt for 20 pass yards, 1pt for 10 rush/receive yards, no PPR

QB: Brees, Freeman, Kolb
RB: Mathews, JStew, DeAngelo, Redman, DCarter, Powell, Fannin
WR: Britt, AJ Green, Maclin, DBaldwin, EBennett, Knox, Simpson, Avery
TE: Witten, Moeaki, Tamme
K: Gostkowski
TD: Bears