Preparing to Trade the 1.02

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Preparing to Trade the 1.02

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:24 am

All,

Looking for some comments on my plans to get out of the 1.02 for my team in sig.

Things to know:
- Non-PPR (traditional FF players that will go RB heavy in round one. eg. Williams, Leshoure, Thomas went 1.04-1.06 last year)
- The top-6 picks are ($10,5)
- The next-6 are ($8,5)
- QBs are worth substantially less in this league because of the contracts. Often the first couple of years the guy is just a bench warmer for you, so he's eating up roster space and cap money (e.g. Bradford has been started twice in two years, Stafford went with the 1.10)
- I'm wishy washy on Blackmon
- I feel that the RB#2 will likely be a tier below Blackmon and it eats at me to not take BPA at the 1.02

Plan A:
Give: 1.02/1.12/2013 1st from a terrible team
Get: 1.03/1.05/2013 from a very good team
Note: This offer is out and under consideration. If Blackmon performs well today, I think I'll be in business here. If not, I need to have a plan B.

Plan B:
Give: 1.02
Get: 1.07/1.09
Question: Is that sufficient value to move the 1.02? I'm sort of stuck because there are only two legit trading parters to work with. The Plan A team and this one.
Question: Am I being stupid to have a plan B? Maybe my best bet is to work A and if it fails just use the pick. My team is very good IMHO and I guess adding a near elite player with the 1.02 (either Blackmon or the RB#2) isn't that terrible an idea.

Please help!

Tim

TXPackFan
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Preparing to Trade the 1.02

Postby TXPackFan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 am

I definitely agree with Plan A if it goes through. The 1.03 and 1.05 could be used to draft 1-2 RB's in the next tier without the guilt of passing on Blackmon and I think your team needs the RBs more.

As far as Plan B goes, I think it's fair value, but I might want a hair more. Given that, and the fact that Blackmon or RB#2 may serve as a good Flex, I would keep the pick two unless I really liked the second offer.
12 Team, .5PPR, 6pt TD
QB, RB, WR, TE, R/W, W/T, R/W/T, K, DEF
QB-Wilson, Cousins
RB-Gurley, McCoy, Lynch, Abdullah, Ellington, Gore, Perine, Mack, Kelley, Darkwa
WR-Green, Mike Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Thielen, R. Matthews, Higgins, Ross, A. Steweart
TE-Doyle, Smith
2018-1, 2

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 am

Plan A: I don't know why you would move him up in 2013. That would ruin the deal for me.

Plan B: I would rather draft Blackmon and wait to see what's there at 1.7 before doing a deal like that.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Plan A: I don't know why you would move him up in 2013. That would ruin the deal for me.

Plan B: I would rather draft Blackmon and wait to see what's there at 1.7 before doing a deal like that.
Plan B: That's sort of my thinking.

Plan A: So you think I'm overpaying in that deal?

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 am

The way you're describing it, he moves up at least 7 slots next year, so the 2 move ups cancel out. I think you're overpaying even in a best case scenario. In a worst case scenario he turns 1.12 into 1.1 next year and takes Lattimore, Allen or whoever is deemed best.

I would give a 3rd-to-2nd upgrade next year if I haaad to but not a potential moving up to a top pick.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:13 am

thriftyrocker wrote:The way you're describing it, he moves up at least 7 slots next year, so the 2 move ups cancel out. I think you're overpaying even in a best case scenario. In a worst case scenario he turns 1.12 into 1.1 next year and takes Lattimore, Allen or whoever is deemed best.

I would give a 3rd-to-2nd upgrade next year if I haaad to but not a potential moving up to a top pick.
I guess I would say that my expectation is more like I'm giving a likely non-playoff team pick for a likely play-off team pick. Because it's a contract league teams are a little more in flux than regular dynasty.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 am

Well, well.

Update: Just saw unofficial 40-time for Blackmon is sub 4.5.

Plan B bites the dust. :clap:

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:20 pm

tstafford wrote:Well, well.

well, you could start looking at a possible 1.03 for 1.07 + 1.09 deal...

-oo-

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 pm

meineymoe wrote:
tstafford wrote:Well, well.

well, you could start looking at a possible 1.03 for 1.07 + 1.09 deal...

-oo-
Now that is an interesting thought! One step at a time, but I do like that. I've told the guy with the 1.03/1.05 that he has 24 hours to accept or I'm pulling the offer. When I first proposed it, he asked to see the pro day before deciding. I think the pick has increased in value so I am absolutely fine if he declines. Then I'm going to wait 'til draft time and see what happens.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Tim,

What's the 2013 pick that you'd be getting from Plan A?

Good that Plan B is out the window, I didn't like it before news of Blackmon's 40 hit.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:09 pm

BeRanDone wrote:Tim,

Good that Plan B is out the window, I didn't like it before news of Blackmon's 40 hit.
It would be the 2013 1st of a team that has made the playoffs three years running. (And the team that I'm trading with.) I'd be swapping the 2013 of the team that has gotten the 1.01 two of the last three years, but somehow won the division in between. The thing to understand is that in SC leagues the flux of teams is much faster than traditional dynasty. The "bad team" in this discussion has nearly 50% free cap space to beat the snot out of people in the FA auction.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:15 pm

tstafford wrote:

It would be the 2013 1st of a team that has made the playoffs three years running. (And the team that I'm trading with.) I'd be swapping the 2013 of the team that has gotten the 1.01 two of the last three years, but somehow won the division in between. The thing to understand is that in SC leagues the flux of teams is much faster than traditional dynasty. The "bad team" in this discussion has nearly 50% free cap space to beat the snot out of people in the FA auction.
I would definitely do plan A. The gap from 1.2 to 1.3 is a lot smaller than 1.5 to 1.12. Plus you look to be improving your pick next season too. Easy decision, imo.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:21 pm

skip wrote:
tstafford wrote:

I would definitely do plan A. The gap from 1.2 to 1.3 is a lot smaller than 1.5 to 1.12. Plus you look to be improving your pick next season too. Easy decision, imo.
I could work out that way. It's nearly impossible to predict the future picks. The offer is out. We'll see. I'll post an update either way

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:22 pm

tstafford wrote:
skip wrote:
tstafford wrote: It would be the 2013 1st of a team that has made the playoffs three years running. (And the team that I'm trading with.) I'd be swapping the 2013 of the team that has gotten the 1.01 two of the last three years, but somehow won the division in between. The thing to understand is that in SC leagues the flux of teams is much faster than traditional dynasty. The "bad team" in this discussion has nearly 50% free cap space to beat the snot out of people in the FA auction.
I could work out that way. It's nearly impossible to predict the future picks. The offer is out. We'll see. I'll post an update either way
I read it backwards on the future picks. Sorry. I still like it.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

skip wrote:
tstafford wrote:
skip wrote: I would definitely do plan A. The gap from 1.2 to 1.3 is a lot smaller than 1.5 to 1.12. Plus you look to be improving your pick next season too. Easy decision, imo.
I read it backwards on the future picks. Sorry. I still like it.
Thanks Skip.

We'll see. I'm happy either way. I just don't think my current picks meet my team needs very well.