Harvin vs. Cruz

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you rather own in PPR?

Harvin
79%
Cruz
21%

Total votes: 14

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Harvin vs. Cruz

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 pm

The Cruz for 1.1 debate got wondering what side of Harvin vs. Cruz you're on. Cruz definitely made a monster splash this year and basically came out of nowhere, but Harvin has produced for 3 years finishing better each year finishing 3 or so points behind Cruz in my 1/2 PPR league. I have to give the QB to Cruz which is a factor.

Discuss!

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Harvin vs. Cruz

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Harvin for me, but I've always been a huge fan of his.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Keep setting him up, Harvin will keep knocking them down

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I like both of them, I've always been a Harvin supporter (was mocked in my newest startup league last year for taking him in the early 3rd round heh), and I don't think Cruz was a fluke this year. I don't necessarily think Cruz will ever repeat his stats from 2011, but I think he'll be a SOLID fantasy contributor for years to come. My point being, I think they are actually relatively close in value and I'd be happy to own either or both.

With that said, I do like the situation that Cruz is in a bit more than Harvin, so I'd have to give the very slight edge to Cruz. There's more stability there and less chance of turnover at key offensive positions. You just never know what the Vikes are going to do with their QB/WR situation and how it will affect Harvin.

AK49
Captain
Captain

Postby AK49 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm

I think Harvin is a slightly better athlete. Better WR in terms of his hands and routes. He also gets some carries.
Purely on talent I think harvin has the edge.
My only concern with Harvin is that he disappears for a bit due to Migraines, Rib injurys, Ect... Just a bit on the fragile side.
But I'd take him over Cruz.
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 am

I'd probably say Cruz which surprises me. There's risk to it, but we've seen what the upside can be. Eli and the NYG offense seem more than capable of supporting two elite WRs. I like Harvin too, but Cruz is just electric.