Jason Campbell likely done ..

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
BradyT
Legend
Legend

Jason Campbell likely done ..

Postby BradyT » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:17 pm

for the regular season. Just read it on nfl.com

he´s an idiot. One or two weeks back, he had a similar run where he just wasn´t going down and took an unnecessary hit like he did today... should´ve learned from it.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jason Campbell likely done ..

Postby Team Canada » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:42 pm

any idea on who will take over?? looking for some kind of bye week replacement with Arod and Brady on bye in back to back weeks in my 2QB league...
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 pm

According to the Denver Post, the Broncos are expected to "monitor" whether the division rival Raiders show interest in Kyle Orton this week after losing Jason Campbell for the season.
The remaining portion of Orton's $7.4 million base salary would be prohibitive for most teams, but the Raiders are a contending 4-2, and there's no question Orton would be a better option the rest of the way than Kyle Boller. Orton is in the last year of his contract and just got benched, so the Broncos would probably take pennies on the dollar to ship him out of town. They could shed the salary, and might be willing to move him for a seventh-round pick

Makes sense...

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:28 pm

The Raiders have a playoff caliber team, but now only have Kyle Boller starting. This is the team to trade for a QB, if anyone does :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:10 pm

I was just trying to move DHB as well, and was loving that he was putting up another solid week. Could see proverbial dollar signs, sux, I wont find a buyer now unless they sign Orton or something..... maybe we see Pryor lol.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 am

Maybe a side question, but I keep hearing that Orton's contract is an impediment to a trade. Can't Denver just pay it, trade him and thereby get some value in return? I don't understand that. Is it about the money or the cap space?

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 am

I think Orton has a damn no-trade clause or something, and keeps refusing the trade. Because he is demanding a new contract from the team he gets traded to. I didnt know NFL players could refuse a trade, but i guess they can lol. What horrid GM let Orton get that put in a contract!
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 am

MikeCross wrote:I think Orton has a damn no-trade clause or something, and keeps refusing the trade. Because he is demanding a new contract from the team he gets traded to. I didnt know NFL players could refuse a trade, but i guess they can lol. What horrid GM let Orton get that put in a contract!

I am pretty sure he doesn't have a no trade caluse. The problem is Orton has a $7.379 million base salary, and his new team would have (and be under the cap enough) to pay the majority of it.

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:47 am

Free agent QB David Garrard's agent said it's "highly possible" his client will work out for the Raiders.The Raiders are casting a wide net in their search for quarterback help, but Garrard should be their top priority. The agent's comment suggests that Garrard does indeed have interest in playing for the 4-2 Raiders. Oct 17 - 12:57 PM
rotoworld

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:58 am

Also from Yahoo:
According to a source familiar with the team’s thinking, the Raiders were “trying hard” to make a deal for Palmer, although the source highly doubted that Cincinnati owner Mike Brown would deal Palmer.

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:31 pm

JM4Steelers wrote:
Free agent QB David Garrard's agent said it's "highly possible" his client will work out for the Raiders.The Raiders are casting a wide net in their search for quarterback help, but Garrard should be their top priority. The agent's comment suggests that Garrard does indeed have interest in playing for the 4-2 Raiders. Oct 17 - 12:57 PM
rotoworld
Not so fast...
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, free agent David Garrard needs "immediate" surgery on a herniated disc in his troublesome back.
In the words of Glazer, "take one name out of (the) search for (a quarterback)." The announcement goes a long way toward explaining Garrard's recent coyness about a possible return. It also puts extra pressure on the Raiders to make a trade to upgrade Kyle Boller ahead of Tuesday's deadline, as Garrard was easily the most attractive free agent candidate. Garrard should no longer be expected to take the field this season, making it quite possible he's played his final NFL down at the age of 33.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 am

With Palmer trade this morning, what's the thinking on Campbell's future in Oakland. Is Palmer a one-year rental and then cast as a backup or is Campbell history? With the price paid in draft picks its kind of hard to think that Palmer is just a stop-gap measure, if I'm reading right in the price paid. Thoughts? Mods...merge with the Palmer thread if need so. Thanks.

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:00 am

highballers wrote:With Palmer trade this morning, what's the thinking on Campbell's future in Oakland. Is Palmer a one-year rental and then cast as a backup or is Campbell history? With the price paid in draft picks its kind of hard to think that Palmer is just a stop-gap measure, if I'm reading right in the price paid. Thoughts? Mods...merge with the Palmer thread if need so. Thanks.
JC is a FA in 2012 and most likely done in Oakland. As far as long term value, I wouldn't count on him having any. But, I'm not a fan of JC in the least, so perhaps someone else has a less biased perspective...

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 am

highballers wrote:With Palmer trade this morning, what's the thinking on Campbell's future in Oakland. Is Palmer a one-year rental and then cast as a backup or is Campbell history? With the price paid in draft picks its kind of hard to think that Palmer is just a stop-gap measure, if I'm reading right in the price paid. Thoughts? Mods...merge with the Palmer thread if need so. Thanks.
With the huge price being paid for Palmer, and Campbell's contract ending soon, this should end Campbell's time in Oakland, unless he would settle to become a backup QB. Its funny to think that Scott Fujita's tackle on Campbell 2 days ago ends up costing Oakland Jason Campbell and two 1st round picks total :shock: :crazy:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

JM4Steelers
Starter
Starter

Postby JM4Steelers » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 am

Palmer's contract:

12/29/2005: Signed a six-year, $118.75 million contract extension through 2014. The deal included a $15 million signing bonus and a third-year option bonus of $9 million. 2011-2012: $11.5 million, 2013: $13 million, 2014: $14 million, 2015: Free Agent

I think he stays in Oakland through 2014 and then retires/moves on.