Rachaad White

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Rachaad White

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue May 17, 2022 7:40 pm

Pre-draft, I heard White's pass catching skills are so good (and running skills so poor), he could play more of a receiver role. I'm not some massive R White fan, but this is interesting. The idea of a David Johnson type role is eye catching.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... uld-trust/
Bucs running backs coach Todd McNair said White has to first learn the offense and be sound in his assignments, something that can occasionally trip up Fournette.

“(Fournette’s) got a feel for getting open sometimes, and he’s got a habit for ad-libbing and that can get him in trouble,” McNair said. “Doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. He’ll go do a fake, ‘I’ve got to run out here in the flat,’ but the backers are dropping so he’ll just turn around and Tom will hit him. They got a little street ball feel for each other and that can get Lenny in trouble a lot. He ends up in the wrong place a lot. There’s a plus and minus. But him and Tom are comfortable together … that’s probably why Lenny wound up coming back.”

During Friday’s first rookie minicamp practice, White rarely left McNair’s side. Between plays, they were constantly talking about some of the nuances of the offense.

With his size and catch radius, White should have an advantage over some of the Bucs’ other backs as a receiver who can split out wide and win on routes.

“From a receiving standpoint, he’s a bigger target,” McNair said of White. “From a range standpoint, he’s got more range and things like that. That’s where it matters. Gio running a slant vs. Rachaad running a slant. Bigger target, catch radius. The more range you have in the passing game as you split out, that’s going to be an advantage.

“I think he’ll fit good. That was a really good scheme fit. You think back, we’ve always talked about David Johnson and what his role was in Arizona in the offense. Lenny got a feel for that because he could split out and do wide receiver stuff. The versatility is a plus.”
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rachaad White

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:40 pm Pre-draft, I heard White's pass catching skills are so good (and running skills so poor), he could play more of a receiver role. I'm not some massive R White fan, but this is interesting. The idea of a David Johnson type role is eye catching.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... uld-trust/
Bucs running backs coach Todd McNair said White has to first learn the offense and be sound in his assignments, something that can occasionally trip up Fournette.

“(Fournette’s) got a feel for getting open sometimes, and he’s got a habit for ad-libbing and that can get him in trouble,” McNair said. “Doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. He’ll go do a fake, ‘I’ve got to run out here in the flat,’ but the backers are dropping so he’ll just turn around and Tom will hit him. They got a little street ball feel for each other and that can get Lenny in trouble a lot. He ends up in the wrong place a lot. There’s a plus and minus. But him and Tom are comfortable together … that’s probably why Lenny wound up coming back.”

During Friday’s first rookie minicamp practice, White rarely left McNair’s side. Between plays, they were constantly talking about some of the nuances of the offense.

With his size and catch radius, White should have an advantage over some of the Bucs’ other backs as a receiver who can split out wide and win on routes.

“From a receiving standpoint, he’s a bigger target,” McNair said of White. “From a range standpoint, he’s got more range and things like that. That’s where it matters. Gio running a slant vs. Rachaad running a slant. Bigger target, catch radius. The more range you have in the passing game as you split out, that’s going to be an advantage.

“I think he’ll fit good. That was a really good scheme fit. You think back, we’ve always talked about David Johnson and what his role was in Arizona in the offense. Lenny got a feel for that because he could split out and do wide receiver stuff. The versatility is a plus.”
Rachaad White is a RB that really pops in a lot of models.

When you dive into his story you can build a narrative around why such a talented receiving back had to take such a round about way to the NFL.

JUCO transfer who was absolutely dominant the moment he stepped on the field at ASU. Muted production during a COVID shortened season.. but in the 4 games they played in 2020 he had almost double the YPC of the guy he was sharing the rock with and led the entire team in receiving yards.

He then built on that success by averaging 90 yards rushing and 40 yards receiving per game during his Senior season.

There have been 5 RBs to do that in a power 5 conference since 2013: Rachaad White, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, CMC, Todd Gurley.

If he plays football instead of Basketball during the first two years of his high school days we could be looking at him with a lot more certainty that he's going to be great in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/sta ... 5972128771

He'll probably never be an elite rusher.. but if he gets the chance it won't matter behind that O-line much like it didn't for DJ when ARZ had the 4th best run blocking O-line in 2016.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 17, 2022 9:01 pm

His hands I have questions about. Easy drop at the combine, and one at the senior bowl I saw really caught my eye, where it was a short route, hit him in the hands and popped up about 6 feet in the air. He caught it again, but there were no defenders. Had there been, different story. Thing I don't like is he's an older, JUCO guy. He will be in January, and I really don't have a lot of interest in sinking much capital into a soon to be 24 year old rookie RB that projects as a year 1 backup. There's a big difference between DJ's role, and DJ's volume too. They may split him out wide at times, like DJ, but I don't see that massive workload that made DJ a fantasy star that one magical year.

That tweet he posted has me questioning whether or not he actually attended classes, or just played on the football team and took blows to the head. :lol:

I do like some of White's game, but Barrett is getting way ahead of his ski's. Glad I don't pay attention to what that guy says. The online chest beating, hot take stuff these guys make is so tiring. If White doesn't become a league winner, will Barrett put "Charlatan" in his bio? Doubtful.

Now, if his name were Ra'Chaad White, I'd have a bit more interest. He'd be thrust into the Le'veon Bell, Ja'Marr Chase realm, if that were the case.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed May 18, 2022 3:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:01 pm His hands I have questions about. Easy drop at the combine, and one at the senior bowl I saw really caught my eye, where it was a short route, hit him in the hands and popped up about 6 feet in the air. He caught it again, but there were no defenders. Had there been, different story. Thing I don't like is he's an older, JUCO guy. He will be in January, and I really don't have a lot of interest in sinking much capital into a soon to be 24 year old rookie RB that projects as a year 1 backup. There's a big difference between DJ's role, and DJ's volume too. They may split him out wide at times, like DJ, but I don't see that massive workload that made DJ a fantasy star that one magical year.

That tweet he posted has me questioning whether or not he actually attended classes, or just played on the football team and took blows to the head. :lol:

I do like some of White's game, but Barrett is getting way ahead of his ski's. Glad I don't pay attention to what that guy says. The online chest beating, hot take stuff these guys make is so tiring. If White doesn't become a league winner, will Barrett put "Charlatan" in his bio? Doubtful.

Now, if his name were Ra'Chaad White, I'd have a bit more interest. He'd be thrust into the Le'veon Bell, Ja'Marr Chase realm, if that were the case.
:lol:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 18, 2022 4:59 am

When I watch film on White, the thing that really jumps off the tape is how incredibly bad PAC12 Ds are. You don’t see any breaking down, it looks like every one of them does their best to avoid contact and arm tackle, they take terrible angles, and they stand straight up on the snap.

As far as what I see on White, there’s adequate but not exceptional game speed, he doesn’t run in tight spaces well and is not a pile mover in any way, and he almost has to come to s complete stop and use multiple steps to change directions. That is not a recipe for success as a runner at the NFL level. When he hits a seam that is open and he doesn’t have to change lanes, he gets into it quickly and hits the second level fast. That’s where he looked to have a lot of success.

Ss far as receiving, there’d not a lot special there. Some swings and passes in the flats but not a whole lot of sophistication or work downfield against LBs. So it’s kind of like his running - when he gets the ball in space and has a clear path in front of him he accelerates quickly and gets downfield in good order but other than that there isn’t much more there. He did have some bad drops when he had a chance to showcase, so that’s a concern.

I just don’t see anything special. He probably has a place as depth in the backfield and as a STer if he is willing to take on contact on kick/punt teams, but I don’t see a lot of RB1 or RB1b qualities there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 18, 2022 5:32 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:59 am When I watch film on White, the thing that really jumps off the tape is how incredibly bad PAC12 Ds are. You don’t see any breaking down, it looks like every one of them does their best to avoid contact and arm tackle, they take terrible angles, and they stand straight up on the snap.

Something I meant to mention, with the stats laid out prior. PAC12 is not the same thing as the SEC, or Big 10 IMO, not even close.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:32 am

He's been my RB3, but that probably says more about this class than him. The DJ comp is spot on for me. Think I stole it from playerprofiler and never looked back. Same size and measurables for the most part, 3rd round pick and on the older side of RB. Neither were highly recruited coming out of HS as well, even though it seems like they should have been. That stuck out to me as well.

I remember DJ was stuck as a backup and devalued a bit after not beating out 30 yr old CJ2K... then he got hurt and DJ never looked back. I'm not saying White will automatically put up those numbers of course. He will have to earn the touches and DJ used to be force fed them.

Pre draft I was just hoping for day 2 capital to keep him as my RB3. I do like Whites situation in TB as well. He will sit behind LF and Gio probably gets the 3rd down work ahead of him to start. I'd think as long as White can be a decent pass blocker, he will end up seeing the field on 3rd downs a bit. 2023, Gio is out and LF will be 28 and his contract balloons a bit to 8M+ per year. I'd like to think by then it will be White taking over more of a lead role.

I may be chasing some fools gold here, but I really want to be drafting this guy for his PPR upside and willing to do it after that 1st few tiers of WR are gone

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 18, 2022 6:19 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:32 am He's been my RB3, but that probably says more about this class than him. The DJ comp is spot on for me. Think I stole it from playerprofiler and never looked back. Same size and measurables for the most part, 3rd round pick and on the older side of RB. Neither were highly recruited coming out of HS as well, even though it seems like they should have been. That stuck out to me as well.

I remember DJ was stuck as a backup and devalued a bit after not beating out 30 yr old CJ2K... then he got hurt and DJ never looked back. I'm not saying White will automatically put up those numbers of course. He will have to earn the touches and DJ used to be force fed them.

Pre draft I was just hoping for day 2 capital to keep him as my RB3. I do like Whites situation in TB as well. He will sit behind LF and Gio probably gets the 3rd down work ahead of him to start. I'd think as long as White can be a decent pass blocker, he will end up seeing the field on 3rd downs a bit. 2023, Gio is out and LF will be 28 and his contract balloons a bit to 8M+ per year. I'd like to think by then it will be White taking over more of a lead role.

I may be chasing some fools gold here, but I really want to be drafting this guy for his PPR upside and willing to do it after that 1st few tiers of WR are gone
That's about where I'd have him. There are only 2 RB's worth taking in the first round of rookie drafts this year. There is a huge gap after Hall/Walker. All first round WR's and quite a few 2nd rounders like Moore, Pickens, Watson I would definitely not pass on for White, but once those guys are all gone, it's worth a dart throw.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:19 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:32 am He's been my RB3, but that probably says more about this class than him. The DJ comp is spot on for me. Think I stole it from playerprofiler and never looked back. Same size and measurables for the most part, 3rd round pick and on the older side of RB. Neither were highly recruited coming out of HS as well, even though it seems like they should have been. That stuck out to me as well.

That's about where I'd have him. There are only 2 RB's worth taking in the first round of rookie drafts this year. There is a huge gap after Hall/Walker. All first round WR's and quite a few 2nd rounders like Moore, Pickens, Watson I would definitely not pass on for White, but once those guys are all gone, it's worth a dart throw.
Right, this is why I'm glad to see other guys like Cook and Robinson shoot up boards. Typically people reach for these RB out of need so hopefully those are the 2 that get taken early and White continues to sit around that early-mid 2nd

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 18, 2022 7:59 am

If you’re looking for a midround RB pick, check out Pierre Strong Jr. I’ve got him as the 3rd best back in the acknowledegly shallow RB pool. There’s a lot of similarities to Elijah Mitchell, but IMO his running style is more sophisticated and he already a solid pass protector. His downsides are that he’s on the light side (but not small) and he’s in the CF that is the NE backfield - which may be a huge detriment given how BB uses RBs. But this guy is absolutely a joy to watch run the ball.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Wed May 18, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 18, 2022 8:02 am

I forgot CJ2K was a Cardinal, so was AP around the same time.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed May 18, 2022 8:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:59 am When I watch film on White, the thing that really jumps off the tape is how incredibly bad PAC12 Ds are. You don’t see any breaking down, it looks like every one of them does their best to avoid contact and arm tackle, they take terrible angles, and they stand straight up on the snap.

As far as what I see on White, there’s adequate but not exceptional game speed, he doesn’t run in tight spaces well and is not a pile mover in any way, and he almost has to come to s complete stop and use multiple steps to change directions. That is not a recipe for success as a runner at the NFL level. When he hits a seam that is open and he doesn’t have to change lanes, he gets into it quickly and hits the second level fast. That’s where he looked to have a lot of success.

Ss far as receiving, there’d not a lot special there. Some swings and passes in the flats but not a whole lot of sophistication or work downfield against LBs. So it’s kind of like his running - when he gets the ball in space and has a clear path in front of him he accelerates quickly and gets downfield in good order but other than that there isn’t much more there. He did have some bad drops when he had a chance to showcase, so that’s a concern.

I just don’t see anything special. He probably has a place as depth in the backfield and as a STer if he is willing to take on contact on kick/punt teams, but I don’t see a lot of RB1 or RB1b qualities there.
Yeap, the Pac-12 has been going through some bad times recently but they're still a power 5 conference and aren't quite as bad as the Big 12.

The similarities with DJ's profile extend to question marks about his ability to run in between the tackles.. and he was given an even lower pre-draft grade from Zierlien than White (5.8 vs 5.99).

Rachaad White is a lot like Terrace Marshall from last year where you can make a case that they'd have an elite profile if things broke right for them. It didn't work out for Marshall last year, but White is the kind of player with the upside you should be chasing in the 2nd round of your rookie drafts despite the low floor.

RBs with league winning upside typically don't fall past the 1st round.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:05 am

Also, his measurables were great. 6 feet 215 pounds, 4.48 40, 38-inch vert , and 125 broad. His upside with his receiving abilities (commanded a 98th percentile target share in college) is through the roof. Hoping he's the next great 3rd round RB like kamara or hunt
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 am

He’s a lesser David Johnson. Not like this is the most scientific thing, but I ran a query in my database and guys with his athleticism, draft capital and college target share basically never fail at becoming something useful for fantasy purposes. I agree he doesn’t look exactly fast twitch on film but he does have good movement and he snatches the ball with his hands quite effortlessly, on film at least. Didn’t see his combine.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:22 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 am He’s a lesser David Johnson. Not like this is the most scientific thing, but I ran a query in my database and guys with his athleticism, draft capital and college target share basically never fail at becoming something useful for fantasy purposes. I agree he doesn’t look exactly fast twitch on film but he does have good movement and he snatches the ball with his hands quite effortlessly, on film at least. Didn’t see his combine.
If someone wants to move him down due to a combine drop, I'm happy with that