Your Favorite Second Round Dynasty Picks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Your Favorite Second Round Dynasty Picks

Postby MEuRaH » Mon May 02, 2022 9:43 am

I have opinions but I didn't start this thread to talk about my ideas, I want yours.

Go!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Your Favorite Second Round Picks

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 9:44 am

George Pickens 2.1 gives me Tee Higgins vibes

David Bell

Both of whom I'd way rather have over someone like Christian Watson

And I can't believe I am saying this because I never like RBs in this range but I might end up a little over consensus on Richaad White

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon May 02, 2022 10:06 am

James Cook (might be considered a late first).

His game is similar to his brother Dalvin. James is getting the same criticisms as Dalvin did. Neither tested as elite athletes or had an outstanding measurables, but both look like they belong on the field with their vision, instincts, and ability to do everything well.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

UkColt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby UkColt » Mon May 02, 2022 10:13 am

Pickens, Cook and Alec Pierce.

The first two could sneak into the 1st depending on format. Pierce is going to a great situation with good draft capital. The Colts basically have nothing after Pittman. Parris Campbell is not reliable, Jack Doyle retired, they haven't resigned TY Hilton (yet) Alie-Cox is going to spend alot more time blocking this year and the other TEs are rookies or Kylen Granson, who caught about 10 balls last year.

Pierce has flaws, which is why he is a 2nd rounder in both NFL and fantasy, but in terms of players you can get in the 2nd who will be worth more next year, I'd say he's pretty high up there.
Superflex, PPR. Start 1-2QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR & 1-2TE

QB: Watson, Herbert, Lance, Bridgewater, Minshew
RB: McCaffrey, Ekeler, Hines, Fournette, Hyde, J Williams,
WR: Diggs, Lamb, Hilton, Mims, Crowder, Reynolds, G Davis, Washington, Watkins
TE: Kittle, Hooper

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 02, 2022 10:16 am

IDP
Cowboys selection;
Ole Miss pass rusher Sam Williams, Ole Miss. He will line up at DE and be a dominate force sooner than later. He is one of the best pure pass rushers in the draft. 6'4 260 with sub 4.5 WR speed. Easily 1st round talent but had off field issues so slipped.

15 tackles for a loss and 12.5 sacks last year in the SEC. Williams has the talent to be one of the best DE's in the NFL in a few years.

Offense
Packers selection;
Christian Watson is a plus athlete from an NFL background. He needs some time to polish but has tools that are rare even by NFL standards. Runs routes surprisingly well off either side at all levels. Needs jug machine work and continued work on gear changes in routes but what he needs can be taught at this level.

Left off the RB's as they have 1st round talent but RB's just don't go that high anymore. I do like the big 2 and their locations.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Mon May 02, 2022 10:27 am

2nd round dynasty draft or NFL draft?

If dynasty... I think Jalen Tolbert in the mid-late 2nd will end up being a steal. I'd feel really good getting Spiller in that range as well.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:22 am

seahawks506 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:27 am 2nd round dynasty draft or NFL draft?
This is what I was wondering lol

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon May 02, 2022 12:33 pm

I'm assuming you mean 2nd round fantasy picks.

George Pickens would be mine. Pretty sure that guy would have been a first round pick had he not had the ACL injury. He went to a team that does nothing but turn out solid WRs.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 02, 2022 12:41 pm

CGW wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:33 pm I'm assuming you mean 2nd round fantasy picks.

George Pickens would be mine. Pretty sure that guy would have been a first round pick had he not had the ACL injury. He went to a team that does nothing but turn out solid WRs.
I have actually heard it wasn't the injuries as much as his maturity that dropped him. Steelers is a great spot to fix that if that is the case.

For me it is Bell and Alec all day. Love both spots and players
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:04 pm

David Bell- thought he put up good tape/production in college and has the ability to ascend a relatively weak depth chart early on. Has great hands and an ability to catch the ball away from his body.

Tyler Allegier- seen a James Conner comparison to him and I believe that’s fitting. Not a great pass protector yet but has a 3 down skill set and finds himself on a team with a lot of questions marks at the RB position.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:41 pm I have actually heard it wasn't the injuries as much as his maturity that dropped him. Steelers is a great spot to fix that if that is the case.
He's cooked y'all. They weren't kidding about "character concerns". Dude is a straight-up weirdo. :lol:

But yeah presuming Skyy Moore and James Cook are now considered first rounders, my favourites in order are:

George Pickens, Rachaad White, Isaiah Spiller, and some sprinklings of Tyler Allgeier and Zamir "Zeus" White.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 pm

mild wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:41 pm I have actually heard it wasn't the injuries as much as his maturity that dropped him. Steelers is a great spot to fix that if that is the case.
He's cooked y'all. They weren't kidding about "character concerns". Dude is a straight-up weirdo. :lol:

But yeah presuming Skyy Moore and James Cook are now considered first rounders, my favourites in order are:

George Pickens, Rachaad White, Isaiah Spiller, and some sprinklings of Tyler Allgeier and Zamir "Zeus" White.
Not a Spiller guy after the fall but Allgeier is a good shout in the late 2nd

Hope the RB scarcity doesn't end up pushing his ADP into the early 2nd

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 02, 2022 8:51 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 pm Not a Spiller guy after the fall but Allgeier is a good shout in the late 2nd

I think his ADP is already on the move after today's Mike Davis cut. He jumped from RB62 to RB55 overnight.

As to Spiller - un-athletic as he is, he has all of the intangibles to carry a high workload and work on all three downs. Our 27 year old boy Austin Ekeler has had major hamstring injuries for two consecutive years and is a 94% re-injury risk in 2022 according to Draft Sharks. (Up to you if you put any stock in their system; but the history remains)

*If* such an injury struck, I would want the back attached to Justin Herbert running behind what is becoming one of the leagues best lines. Remember: they went first round OL again this draft and got another good one. I promise you Spiller can fall forward for 1 yard at the end zone, a role he may even earn as soon as Week 1.

Unathletic as he is - in the 2nd round, it's just a wonderful price to pay for buy in on what might arguably be the best offense in the AFC West in 2022.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 9:03 pm

mild wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:51 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 pm Not a Spiller guy after the fall but Allgeier is a good shout in the late 2nd

I think his ADP is already on the move after today's Mike Davis cut. He jumped from RB62 to RB55 overnight.

As to Spiller - un-athletic as he is, he has all of the intangibles to carry a high workload and work on all three downs. Our 27 year old boy Austin Ekeler has had major hamstring injuries for two consecutive years and is a 94% re-injury risk in 2022 according to Draft Sharks. (Up to you if you put any stock in their system; but the history remains)

*If* such an injury struck, I would want the back attached to Justin Herbert running behind what is becoming one of the leagues best lines. Remember: they went first round OL again this draft and got another good one. I promise you Spiller can fall forward for 1 yard at the end zone, a role he may even earn as soon as Week 1.

Unathletic as he is - in the 2nd round, it's just a wonderful price to pay for buy in on what might arguably be the best offense in the AFC West in 2022.
I get the appeal but we've been through this with Justin Jackson, Joshua Kelly and Larry Routree

These guys were day 3 RBs for a reason

Spiller's a better prospect than them but I'd hardly be surprised to see the Chargers be drafting another day 3 RB a year from now or decide to just sign someone to fill the role (a Sony Michel type)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 02, 2022 9:14 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:03 pm I get the appeal but we've been through this with Justin Jackson, Joshua Kelly and Larry Routree

These guys were day 3 RBs for a reason

Spiller's a better prospect than them but I'd hardly be surprised to see the Chargers be drafting another day 3 RB a year from now or decide to just sign someone to fill the role (a Sony Michel type)
For sure, and I get that too. I just think the juice is worth the squeeze at a certain point in the 2nd. If it breaks right... you could look like a genius.

In December, we all liked him as our RB2 / RB3. It took some stopwatches on Underwear Day to tell us that we should've known better. How then, did so many people have it so wrong? Are there any redeeming factors to his game that might still help him succeed? (Yes)

If we had such a strong opinion as that when the actual games were on... then maybe there's a little bit of intangible here that the testing just doesn't capture.

I just like rolling the dice on players with variance like that. But I understand anyone who has been scared completely off.