Freddog97 is a thief

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slamen13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Freddog97 is a thief

Postby slamen13 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 am

Freddog97 you a piece of work man. You bail on a league you started and delete it. You are a dog man and I'm sure you mom is proud of the bitch she raised. You bail on the league you start without saying anything and would have stolen the money if we didn't force you to make it majority approval. You just removed your self from the group chat and cut tail and run when we ask you what's going on.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Freddog97 is a thief

Postby Phaded » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:50 am

...so... Context is a nice thing.
He is a thief who returned money?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am

WTF,

Is this some type of SPAM? It is showing up in multiple forums and the post doesn't even make sense.

Best I can tell is someone who's mom will be proud would have stolen money but apparently wasn't smart enough.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

slamen13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby slamen13 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 am

He originally wanted to setup the league as Commissioner dispersal but a few of us wouldn't allow him to so eventually after telling us to trust him and he never bails and is honest he caved in and did majority approval. He left the group chat and now a few days ago deleted the league after we have been trying to get mfl to make one of the remaining members the new Commissioner. Fred is a real scumbag.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am

Tough call, but I voted for Janis. I think he has a better shot of breaking out this year in Cleveland.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 am

M-Dub wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am Tough call, but I voted for Janis. I think he has a better shot of breaking out this year in Cleveland.
I went with Cordell Patterson
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:06 am

Can't speak to this specific situation, without seeing the Bylaws, or anything else really, but kudos to you and your league mates for insisting on basic protection (Leaguesafe with majority approval).

As a more general comment, I think that what happened to you is not an isolated occurrence. No one knows what the statistics are, but I bet a fair amount of leagues fold in their 1st year due to a shady commissioner or a clueless one. I've had it happen to me, and I bet most of us have at least one story of a league going belly up in its 1st year.

Would urge everyone who hasn't done so to read Jules thread "New to Dynasty - What to look for in a league" about what to look for in a start-up (see link below).
Last edited by Cult of Dionysus on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am

The league lasted 2 seasons where every winning owner was paid out. I thought I would have liked being a commissioner but honestly it was awful. The league had some good owners but some made it very crappy which is why I did not want to continue. I started the league being a first time commissioner and being new dynasty football I had the league decide on all affairs. I can post link to the start up year where we voted on everything including how to issue league safe payments. I didn't really care if i made the pay outs or majority rule as I was new and didn't know the community protocol for dynasty. I decided the league would be ending once a 3-4 owners dropped out as life got very busy for me. A few more dropped as I was forgetting to respond to messages...but one owner did ask me to make him commish if I was going to leave which I did. Weeks went by and nothing seemed to happen so I posted in the chat if nothing happens by Sunday (6/24/18) I would have the league deleted. No messages or signs of life so I scheduled the league for deletion.

I never stole money as everything was in league safe. I probably should have had more communication with the league but life got busy and fantasy football left my mind a few months.

Safe to say being a commissioner is NOT for me.
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

jwerk
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jwerk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 am

freddog97 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am The league lasted 2 seasons where every winning owner was paid out. I thought I would have liked being a commissioner but honestly it was awful. The league had some good owners but some made it very crappy which is why I did not want to continue. I started the league being a first time commissioner and being new dynasty football I had the league decide on all affairs. I can post link to the start up year where we voted on everything including how to issue league safe payments. I didn't really care if i made the pay outs or majority rule as I was new and didn't know the community protocol for dynasty. I decided the league would be ending once a 3-4 owners dropped out as life got very busy for me. A few more dropped as I was forgetting to respond to messages...but one owner did ask me to make him commish if I was going to leave which I did. Weeks went by and nothing seemed to happen so I posted in the chat if nothing happens by Sunday (6/24/18) I would have the league deleted. No messages or signs of life so I scheduled the league for deletion.

I never stole money as everything was in league safe. I probably should have had more communication with the league but life got busy and fantasy football left my mind a few months.

This is no place for a sensible, coherent reply. Read the room

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:30 am

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 am
M-Dub wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am Tough call, but I voted for Janis. I think he has a better shot of breaking out this year in Cleveland.
CJ Prosise put on 10 lbs...this is his year

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

jwerk wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 am
freddog97 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am The league lasted 2 seasons where every winning owner was paid out. I thought I would have liked being a commissioner but honestly it was awful. The league had some good owners but some made it very crappy which is why I did not want to continue. I started the league being a first time commissioner and being new dynasty football I had the league decide on all affairs. I can post link to the start up year where we voted on everything including how to issue league safe payments. I didn't really care if i made the pay outs or majority rule as I was new and didn't know the community protocol for dynasty. I decided the league would be ending once a 3-4 owners dropped out as life got very busy for me. A few more dropped as I was forgetting to respond to messages...but one owner did ask me to make him commish if I was going to leave which I did. Weeks went by and nothing seemed to happen so I posted in the chat if nothing happens by Sunday (6/24/18) I would have the league deleted. No messages or signs of life so I scheduled the league for deletion.

This is no place for a sensible, coherent reply. Read the room
Defense wins championships draft one in the first round
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 am

Think deleting the league was a major mistake. It gives you no record to point to... And I sure hope that all the fees (including for the 2018 season) have been dispersed.

That said, I think the OP clearly gave a biased view of the situation. And quite frankly, I'm more inclined to believe Freddog than he on this, simply based upon the tone and quality of their statements.

I do think the OP needs to change the title to this thread, unless he can articulate an actual theft of funds.

BTW, being commissioner generally sucks. It's fun to set up leagues, but to administer them is a thankless, painful jog. Almost every league has yearly turnover, and this is terrible to deal with as a commissioner. Then there's the slog of collecting fees, which tends to require multiple chasers. On top of that, you typically have a couple owners who are just pain in the arses...

I don't blame you for giving up on it.

On the other hand, without seeing the league site, I can't say whether you drove managers away. Which could also have been the case.

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 am

j2cain wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:30 am
joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 am
CJ Prosise put on 10 lbs...this is his year
If you want a real steal, I'd go with the kicker, Dan Carlson. #betterthanblair
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 am Think deleting the league was a major mistake. It gives you no record to point to... And I sure hope that all the fees (including for the 2018 season) have been dispersed.

That said, I think the OP clearly gave a biased view of the situation. And quite frankly, I'm more inclined to believe Freddog than he on this, simply based upon the tone and quality of their statements.

I do think the OP needs to change the title to this thread, unless he can articulate an actual theft of funds.

BTW, being commissioner generally sucks. It's fun to set up leagues, but to administer them is a thankless, painful jog. Almost every league has yearly turnover, and this is terrible to deal with as a commissioner. Then there's the slog of collecting fees, which tends to require multiple chasers. On top of that, you typically have a couple owners who are just pain in the arses...

I don't blame you for giving up on it.

On the other hand, without seeing the league site, I can't say whether you drove managers away. Which could also have been the case.
I actually just sent in a ticket to MFL to have the league undeleted as it sounds like OP would like to have the league revamped. I did not collect league fees this year as I was not sure how the league would be playing out. I won't lie, I was busy and was neglecting the league a bit which did not help. Once I was able to focus 5 owners had left and I was taking heat rightfully so. I didn't see the point of continuing so I left. I was asked to transfer commish which i did and nothing seemed to happen so i informed them that if nothing was to happen i would delete the league. No real response so I scheduled the league to be deleted which seems to be a mistake I now realize. Fortunately it has not been deleted yet and i sent in an MFL ticket to cancel so the OP can take control.
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:21 am

I’ve only commished two seasons of redraft, with guys I know personally. It’s not very fun overall.

This has got to be a semi normal occurrence in leagues with just online correspondence, guys you’ve never really met?
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st