Cooks vs henry

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who has more value

Brandin cooks
75%
Derrick Henry
25%

Total votes: 32

lunchbox12
Starter
Starter

Cooks vs henry

Postby lunchbox12 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:54 am

In a discussion about values of players while trying to work on a trade please pick which player you think is more valuable in dynasty
12 team no ppr Dynaasty-- year 2-- 1 QB-2RB-2WR-1FLEX (RB/WR)-1TE

QB- Drew Brees/ Derek Carr
RB- DJ/Jordan Howard/Mccafrey/J Stewart/Perine/Lacy/Dixon
WR- Hopkins/Jordy/ Marvin Jones/ Moncrief/Fitzgerald/Alshon Jeffrey
TE- Delanie Walker/Cameron beats

10 team 2QB 25 roster 4 taxi ppr. Start 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2F
QB-Cousins/tyrod/Dalton/Brett Hundley/Trevor semien
RB- Bell/Cmc/Gio/J Charles/ W gallman/ Mike Davis/ Gore/Lacy/Elijah McGuire/Montgomery/Lat Murray/J stew/Dwash
WR- Allen/Kupp/Galloday/Parker/Meredith/Shepard/seth Roberts/Trevor Davis/John Brown/Travis Benjamin.
TE-Evan Engram/J Reed/jonnu Smith/J Thomas/G everett
2018 1.01 1.04 1.05.... 4 3rds

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Cooks vs henry

Postby JJRules » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am

WR on a new team vs RB with legit competition being brought in.

I voted Cooks due to uncertainty of Henry's role with Lewis on board (Cooks and Goff had been working together even before the trade was announced), but this could 100% reverse during the season if Henry gets anything close to workhorse usage.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

believeinthehunter
Role Player
Role Player

Postby believeinthehunter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am

What is the format? The Lewis signing pretty much guarantees henry won’t get the third down work he needs to be a true workhorse. So that makes his game game flow dependent. If the titans are up, he’ll play, if they are in catchup mode Lewis will be in the field. Cooks is stepping into the Sammy Watkins role in La, Watkins produced TDs, but few receptions and yards. Some say Watkins lack of hard stems from the fact that Sean Mcvay likes to utilize precise mid level routes, I think there is some credibility in that, and I also think Sammy missing the entire off season definitely hurt his and goff’s chemistry. That being said, cooks is stepping into Sammy’s role as the deep threat. I think having an off season will help cooks be more productive than Sammy was, but not as productive as he was in New England. Using those facts, I think the more fair way to answer your question is to know what scoring format your league is in. Standard format I think it’s a tie between cooks and Henry. Half ppr tilts towards cooks, and not insignificantly. Full PPR I like cooks more.
QB: Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold
RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Duke Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, Rashaad Penny, James Conner, Sony Michel, Nyheim Hines, Jamal Williams
WR: Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Albert Wilson, Trequan Smith
TE: Trey Burton, OJ Howard, Austin Sefarian-Jenkings,
Def: Detroit and Los Angeles Rams
Kicker: Jake Elliot
2019: 2 1sts 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2020: 3z firsts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2022: 1 st, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th
QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Kicker/Def/Flex/Superflex
Half PPR

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:04 am

Cooks = Henry + early/mid 2nd
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

lunchbox12
Starter
Starter

Postby lunchbox12 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks for the responses guys

RB- Bell/Cmc/Gio/J Charles/ W gallman/ Mike Davis/ Gore/Lacy/Elijah McGuire/Montgomery/Lat Murray/J stew/Dwash
WR- Allen/Kupp/Galloday/Parker/Meredith/Shepard/seth Roberts/Trevor Davis/John Brown/Travis Benjamin.

lunchbox12
Starter
Starter

Postby lunchbox12 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm

believeinthehunter wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:02 am What is the format? The Lewis signing pretty much guarantees henry won’t get the third down work he needs to be a true workhorse. So that makes his game game flow dependent. If the titans are up, he’ll play, if they are in catchup mode Lewis will be in the field. Cooks is stepping into the Sammy Watkins role in La, Watkins produced TDs, but few receptions and yards. Some say Watkins lack of hard stems from the fact that Sean Mcvay likes to utilize precise mid level routes, I think there is some credibility in that, and I also think Sammy missing the entire off season definitely hurt his and goff’s chemistry. That being said, cooks is stepping into Sammy’s role as the deep threat. I think having an off season will help cooks be more productive than Sammy was, but not as productive as he was in New England. Using those facts, I think the more fair way to answer your question is to know what scoring format your league is in. Standard format I think it’s a tie between cooks and Henry. Half ppr tilts towards cooks, and not insignificantly. Full PPR I like cooks more.
I like the analysis thank you.
Format is superflex tiered ppr with 1 for WRs .5 for rbs but also .25 ppc

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:18 pm

With it being points per carry, I'd actually go with Henry. Otherwise, I think the two have similar value and would go with team need.

believeinthehunter
Role Player
Role Player

Postby believeinthehunter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:18 pm With it being points per carry, I'd actually go with Henry. Otherwise, I think the two have similar value and would go with team need.
X2
I’d have to agree with this. With a player like Henry you never know when the titans decide to grind it out and run 30-40 times a game, they were successful in the playoffs with that formula, it gives Henry a much safer floor.
QB: Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold
RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Duke Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, Rashaad Penny, James Conner, Sony Michel, Nyheim Hines, Jamal Williams
WR: Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Albert Wilson, Trequan Smith
TE: Trey Burton, OJ Howard, Austin Sefarian-Jenkings,
Def: Detroit and Los Angeles Rams
Kicker: Jake Elliot
2019: 2 1sts 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2020: 3z firsts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2022: 1 st, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th
QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Kicker/Def/Flex/Superflex
Half PPR