Who should I target?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
treble83
Starter
Starter

Who should I target?

Postby treble83 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:55 pm

For team in sig. Also just picked up M. Davis and likely to get Bibbs. Who can I leverage for a stud RB?
Team One:
2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, PK, DEF 10 Team
QB: J. Garoppolo, R. Tannehill, R. Wilson, T. Tagavaiola
RB: S. Barkley, T. Charbonnet, A. Ekeler, K. Gainwell, D. Henry, A. Kamara, J. Kelley, D. Montgomery, S. Perine
WR: G. Davis, I. Hodgins, D. Hopkins, C. Kupp, K. Raymond, A. St Brown, A. Thielen, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: M. Andrews, G. Everett, D. Knox, D. Schultz, D. Waller
TAXI:T. Chandler, E. Dotson, J. McLaughlin, D. Ridder

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team
QB: J. Fields, W. Levis, M. Stafford, T. Taylor
RB: T. Allgeier, S. Barkley, T. Bigsby, T. Etienne, Z. Evans, R. Mostert, I. Pacheco, M. Sanders
WR: B. Cooks, G. Davis, V. Jefferson, T. McLaurin, J. Meyers, D.J. Moore, D. Parker, B. Powell, J. Reynolds, L. Shenault, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: J. Smith, D. Waller

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who should I target?

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:49 am

Who can you leverage for a STUD RB? AB, and that's pretty much it. But this team needs a lot of work imo, and I would be looking to upgrade the WR core before you do anything

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ddog2303 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:50 am

It seems as if this team is far more than a stud RB away from being a serious threat week in and week out. I’d build up the WRs and focus a RBs later. You can almost always get RBs as rookies who will put up numbers so I’d start with WRs and grab RBs last
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

MontrealBen
Starter
Starter

Postby MontrealBen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:54 am

ddog2303 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:50 am It seems as if this team is far more than a stud RB away from being a serious threat week in and week out. I’d build up the WRs and focus a RBs later. You can almost always get RBs as rookies who will put up numbers so I’d start with WRs and grab RBs last
Totally agree. Looking at this roster, I think more than anything you need general assets. You've got some good players, but nowhere near the depth you need in a 10 team league where you start 11. If I were you, I wouldn't be thinking of who you can target, but which players on your roster can you sell to maximize value. Find the owners who can use what you've got, then work something out from there.

First thought --the window to sell high on players finishing strong this year is going to close soon, as teams start getting enamoured with free agents movers and draft picks. It's looks like you've cashed out on draft picks. Try to reload before their price skyrockets. Put Jimmy G on the block to see what you can get. Or, if you are 100% certain JG is going to move into the top 10 at QB, see if anyone is willing to overpay for Russell Wilson. If your league-mates are diehards like you, you may find someone who loves them some Keelan Cole. If you can get a good draft pick for him, do it, then flip that pick when draft season rolls in for a better WR. Unfortunately, I think you might have missed your window to sell on McKinnon, but if he signs with a new team I'd sell before that team drafts someone to compete with him. Collins and Darkwa are two other guys I'd try to unload. Collins has looked good, but the is he going to be a lead back in 2 years? If not, cash out now for someone who sees him as a potential top 15 back (and those people are out there). Darkwa will be waiver fodder in 6 months. Get something now.

Second thought (and much less important) -- there is no reason to roster two DSTs or two Ks. With rosters this deep, I'd be surprised if there's much left on the wire, but you can post what there is to get some feedback there.

treble83
Starter
Starter

Postby treble83 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:50 am

So than should I look into packaging RB's (e.g. Freeman + Coleman for a solid WR?
Team One:
RB: S. Barkley, T. Charbonnet, A. Ekeler, K. Gainwell, D. Henry, A. Kamara, J. Kelley, D. Montgomery, S. Perine
WR: G. Davis, I. Hodgins, D. Hopkins, C. Kupp, K. Raymond, A. St Brown, A. Thielen, N. Westbrook-Ikhine

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team
RB: T. Allgeier, S. Barkley, T. Bigsby, T. Etienne, Z. Evans, R. Mostert, I. Pacheco, M. Sanders
WR: B. Cooks, G. Davis, V. Jefferson, T. McLaurin, J. Meyers, D.J. Moore, D. Parker, B. Powell, J. Reynolds, L. Shenault, N. Westbrook-Ikhine

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ddog2303 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

I would send AB for a younger asset and a pick or two. Or package AB and Collins to someone who likes Collins for younger WRs. If I’m reading your sig right you don’t have any firsts this year? It’ll be tough to sell all of your starting RBs without having the picks to attempt replacement. I’d get younger and better depth at WR by trading AB and move Freeman to the right seller for picks. I really think with the roster you have and the lack of picks you need to blow this team up
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

treble83
Starter
Starter

Postby treble83 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Seriously? I made the playoffs this year and lost game 1 by four points.. LOL
Team One:

Team Two:
0-2QB, 8-10 FLEX 12 Team

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:37 pm

treble83 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:11 pm Seriously? I made the playoffs this year and lost game 1 by four points.. LOL
Just because you were in the playoffs doesn't mean the team is great. Outside AB and Freeman you don't have a single top 25-30 player at their position. If AB missed a season you would be fighting for 1.01 not a championship in a 10 team league.

MontrealBen
Starter
Starter

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Yeah, being in the playoffs is different than building a multi-year contender.

That said, I don't think I'd blow it up completely. Wilson, Freeman, and AB give you a great chance to win in a given week, and I wouldn't be trading away studs unless I was getting a stud I thought was on the rise + good incentives. Your focus should be on moving players who you think have reached their peak value and won't be helping you in 12 months. I think Jimmy G, Cole, and Collins are great candidates. And, to be clear -- not to sell them for the sake of selling, but to sell them for players/picks that you think are more valuable. Garrappolo in particular; he's being anointed as the next great franchise QB. He may well be, but in fantasy that doesn't matter. See if there's a QB needy team who's willing to pay up.

Since you did come here asking who to target, there are some young players who you could take a look at who are probably currently valued by their owners for less than they should. They're not under the radar players, but still guys you should kick the tires on.

RB -- Cook/Mixon (injuries and missed games can make owners forget or subconsciously devalue players, each has top 5 RB potential), Henry (his poor showing to end the season is more a reflection of a bogged down offense than of his skill set)

WR -- Evans (I'm seeing him slip out of some rankers' top 5), Hilton/Watkins/Diggs/Cooper (all 4 are out of the top 20, all have varying degrees of boom potential next year), Coleman/Doctson/CDavis/MWilliams (1st/2nd year players whose performance has dropped their value from their original draft value, but who still have a good chance to reward patient owners)

My opinion is that the greatest RB value is in older quality players whose owners try to sell them off too soon (McCoy could be had for a late 1st at most this season, and he averaged over 19 ppg in his last 6 in PPR). They can often be added last to a team that is established and ready to make a run. So, focus on WRs first.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:38 am

Like others have already said, this team needs more than just one stud RB. I'd try to go into a small re-tool and get some younger players or draft picks.