Move All Day?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Move All Day?

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 am

my team is in my signature

Guys I could use some advice here. I'm concerened about my RB depth and I'm wondering if I'm an idiot for thinking along these lines. I'm thinking about offering AP up for the 1.1,1.3,& 1.6. I would probably end up with Mathews, Jahvid Best and best available player at 1.6. I'm worried that AP won't have along career due to his running style and this could be a rare chance to get a few great rookies to plug into his place. I'm in competition mode not building mode (im the defending champ).
I won last year with a 2 RB 5 WR 1 TE set. in our scoring system wrs are king. right now I'm planning on using a 2 RB 4 WR 2 TE set. (I traded Djax for Henne & Nicks).
I love AP and I think he'll be the top fantasy RB this yr with chester taylor gone. I'm also expecting AP to catch about 60 balls this year. Am I stupid for thinking about offering this up? part of me says yes, but another part of me says mathews might be close to AP numbers wise and Best could be an upgrade over my non existant 3rd RB. I honestly think the owner that has 1.1/1.3/1.6 might do this. please give me some feedback. I need some "fresh eyes" on this one. thanks guys

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Move All Day?

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am

I would not move Peterson for three rookies. I would need one stud in addition to a couple high 1st round picks...

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:50 am

If WRs are king and only need to start 2 RBs, then you are poised to repeat. I wouldn't move him for those picks. Maybe if he added his first next year but still probably not. You have the chance to win now and in the future. AP hasn't had injury problems in the NFL and will have a Hall-of-Fame career. Don't do that trade.
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am

Steelersfan wrote:I would not move Peterson for three rookies. I would need one stud in addition to a couple high 1st round picks...
X2. As a Peterson owner, I agree.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Dont trade All Day away for those 3 first rounders. You need to get a stud in return(Rice,MJD,4.24) and a high first. That would be a good deal!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 pm

1. it's spelled F-a-v-r-e

2. I don't think your current RBs are strong enough for you to make this move. You need the for sure stud.

-oo-

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 pm

The fact that you are the defending champ of your league makes this require no thought for me - NO WAY! If you won it last year, keep AP and win it again. You would be downgrading your roster this coming year, which isn't what you do to win championships.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I realize its spelled F-A-V-R-E. but thanks for correcting my Type-o's. I've had the guy on my team for quite awhile its not like I haven't spelled his name before.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 am

You should be getting multiple proven players for AP, not rookies.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:01 am

Thanks for the input guys, not one vote for offer it up so I'm on the wrong track with that idea.
I was probably tied with the team I beat in the championship skill wise. Now I'm definately 2nd best now after losing Warner and trading that team Djax for Henne and Nicks. I had to add a QB, I had only 1 available (in a start 2 QB league) week 8 this season.

I'm going to table the whole AP trade concept till next yr when Ingram and Murray are available. I just don't think AP has a long career ahead of him and my main goal is to not get stuck in an LT like situation.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:22 am

MARKinMI wrote:Thanks for the input guys, not one vote for offer it up so I'm on the wrong track with that idea.
I was probably tied with the team I beat in the championship skill wise. Now I'm definately 2nd best now after losing Warner and trading that team Djax for Henne and Nicks. I had to add a QB, I had only 1 available (in a start 2 QB league) week 8 this season.

I'm going to table the whole AP trade concept till next yr when Ingram and Murray are available. I just don't think AP has a long career ahead of him and my main goal is to not get stuck in an LT like situation.
I love this trade - I like Nicks better long term than DJax, plus you got a starting QB out of the deal. Don't sweat that one.... :)

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:11 am

meineymoe wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:Thanks for the input guys, not one vote for offer it up so I'm on the wrong track with that idea.

I love this trade - I like Nicks better long term than DJax, plus you got a starting QB out of the deal. Don't sweat that one.... :)

-oo-
The WRs are maybe a push. Both will be inconsistent producers, but I favor Desean slightly. Getting Henne tips it in your favor.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 am

meineymoe wrote:

-oo-
Same here, that was really good value for DeSean.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:27 am

I agree but I think the trade hurts me this year from a starting lineup standpoint. but I'm happy with Henne & Nicks going forward.