TO to San Diego?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyBandit
Role Player
Role Player

TO to San Diego?

Postby FantasyBandit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 am

Well I have heard no rumblings of this yet I was thinking about where the heck TO could possibly land. Many teams have said they don't want him but what about the Chargers?

TO said he wants to play for a contender (and SD is probably the best he could get at this point).

My reasoning for this being a possibility is because VJAX is going to be suspended and now he is threatening to hold out. Why wouldn't San Diego bring in TO to fill in for a bit until the VJAX thing is settled?

I think TO along side Malcom Floyd would be good enough to keep the Chargers offense going while they figure the VJAX thing out...

Thoughts?

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:18 am

It would be a good fit...Vjax will be there, but he's a huge improvement on Malcolm Floyd anyway.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm not so sure it would be a good fit. TO has always been a huge distraction...a cancer. He's more hassle than good, especially now at 36. VJax will sign his tender IMO, if he gets suspended I think Gates, Floyd, Naanee and company could hold down the fort for a couple of weeks.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

rkrazy wrote:I'm not so sure it would be a good fit. TO has always been a huge distraction...a cancer. He's more hassle than good, especially now at 36. VJax will sign his tender IMO, if he gets suspended I think Gates, Floyd, Naanee and company could hold down the fort for a couple of weeks.
TO's distractions are often overblown. He is generally respected by his teammates and has never been in trouble with the law. It's odd that people can so readily overlook players involved in murder cases, but can't get over a sharpie incident and some word battles with quarterbacks.

Even at 36, TO is at least 4 times better than Malcolm Floyd on his best day.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:43 pm

I would love to see it happen for one reason and one reason only...the hot headed Rivers vs the prima donna Owens! Imagine the sideline battles these two would engage in... :lol:

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Orca wrote:TO's distractions are often overblown. He is generally respected by his teammates and has never been in trouble with the law. It's odd that people can so readily overlook players involved in murder cases, but can't get over a sharpie incident and some word battles with quarterbacks.

Sounds a little subjective Gino...

We're talking about TO here not Ray Ray. Generally respected? Distractions are overblown? His exploits and antics have been well documented over the years. There is no doubting TO was an elite talent...top notch in his day. But does that take away from all the bridges he's burned? Everywhere he's been he was a cancer. And now that his best days are behind him the likelihood of someone taking the risk of signing him comes down to an injury within the WR depth chart and affordability...if he were 4x better than Floyd he certainly would have a job by now. Even Buffalo doesn't want him back...

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 pm

rkrazy wrote:
Orca wrote:TO's distractions are often overblown. He is generally respected by his teammates and has never been in trouble with the law. It's odd that people can so readily overlook players involved in murder cases, but can't get over a sharpie incident and some word battles with quarterbacks.

We're talking about TO here not Ray Ray. Generally respected? Distractions are overblown? His exploits and antics have been well documented over the years. There is no doubting TO was an elite talent...top notch in his day. But does that take away from all the bridges he's burned? Everywhere he's went he was a cancer. And now that his best days are behind him the likelihood of someone taking the risk of signing him comes down to an injury within the WR depth chart and affordability...if he were 4x better than Floyd he certainly would have a job by now. Even Buffalo doesn't want him back...
His antics are extremely well documented. I agree he can be a distraction. But in the locker rooms, with the players, he is respected. Most of the Cowboy's loved him. He's one of the hardest workers on the team and he had no drama in Buffalo. Buffalo doesn't want him back because they are positioning themselves for the 1st pick next year. (and doing one hell of a nice job at it, imo).

TO is a workout warrior and his body is in top condition. He somehow still managed to make some big plays in Buffalo, which had to be the worst fantasy situation for a wide receiver in a long, long time. I don't think he lost a step. And even if he did, he's heads and shoulders better than Malcolm Floyd. Floyd has been in the league over 5 years and never had more than 50 catches or 4 td's in a season.

4x better than M. Floyd is subjective, I'll give you that. But comparing Owens to Malcolm Floyd is like comparing Randy Moss to Michael Jenkins.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:34 am

Orca wrote:
rkrazy wrote:

We're talking about TO here not Ray Ray. Generally respected? Distractions are overblown? His exploits and antics have been well documented over the years. There is no doubting TO was an elite talent...top notch in his day. But does that take away from all the bridges he's burned? Everywhere he's went he was a cancer. And now that his best days are behind him the likelihood of someone taking the risk of signing him comes down to an injury within the WR depth chart and affordability...if he were 4x better than Floyd he certainly would have a job by now. Even Buffalo doesn't want him back...
His antics are extremely well documented. I agree he can be a distraction. But in the locker rooms, with the players, he is respected. Most of the Cowboy's loved him. He's one of the hardest workers on the team and he had no drama in Buffalo. Buffalo doesn't want him back because they are positioning themselves for the 1st pick next year. (and doing one hell of a nice job at it, imo).

TO is a workout warrior and his body is in top condition. He somehow still managed to make some big plays in Buffalo, which had to be the worst fantasy situation for a wide receiver in a long, long time. I don't think he lost a step. And even if he did, he's heads and shoulders better than Malcolm Floyd. Floyd has been in the league over 5 years and never had more than 50 catches or 4 td's in a season.

4x better than M. Floyd is subjective, I'll give you that. But comparing Owens to Malcolm Floyd is like comparing Randy Moss to Michael Jenkins.
Is this another mancrush? Do you miss Vince or something Gino? I know you love the challenges and all...but when did we turn the discussion into TO vs. Floyd?

In my original post my opinion was that TO to the Chargers was not a good fit. I am still of the same opinion. The Chargers did not tender Floyd for 3.1+ million to have him play second fiddle to the TO circus. Obviously they see enough in him to offer a 1st and 3rd round tender. AJ Smith is pretty good about finding and keeping the diamonds in the rough. TO on the other hand just doesn't fit with the Chargers IMO. I'm not comparing the two players, however, I do believe Floyd is a better fit for SD and would be a capable player if/when VJax is suspended. Floyd is at best a 3rd or 4th option behind VJax, Gates and the maybe the RBs. Just as TO would be...

I don't think TO would make the Chargers any better as a team regardless of the VJax situation.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:10 am

rkrazy wrote:
Orca wrote:
rkrazy wrote: Sounds a little subjective Gino...

Is this another mancrush? Do you miss Vince or something Gino? I know you love the challenges and all...but when did we turn the discussion into TO vs. Floyd?

In my original post my opinion was that TO to the Chargers was not a good fit. I am still of the same opinion. The Chargers did not tender Floyd for 3.1+ million to have him play second fiddle to the TO circus. Obviously they see enough in him to offer a 1st and 3rd round tender. AJ Smith is pretty good about finding and keeping the diamonds in the rough. TO on the other hand just doesn't fit with the Chargers IMO. I'm not comparing the two players, however, I do believe Floyd is a better fit for SD and would be a capable player if/when VJax is suspended. Floyd is at best a 3rd or 4th option behind VJax, Gates and the maybe the RBs. Just as TO would be...

I don't think TO would make the Chargers any better as a team regardless of the VJax situation.
If you removed the "circus" factor, you don't think he would make them a better team?

to be honest, I've pretty much always hated TO. I never wanted him on any of my teams, fantasy or real life. But the one thing you can't deny, the dude can flat out play. I personally think he is still more than capable of playing at a high level. His performance last year was a result of being in Buffalo, not a degradation of skills is all I am saying. I think he'd make them better because he's still incredibly talented.

Did you mention something about a bet?? :D I'd be willing to bet that TO scores more fantasy points in 2010 than Malcolm Floyd...you up for it?

and of course I miss Vince.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Orca wrote:If you removed the "circus" factor, you don't think he would make them a better team?
No I don't
Orca wrote:to be honest, I've pretty much always hated TO. I never wanted him on any of my teams, fantasy or real life. But the one thing you can't deny, the dude can flat out play. I personally think he is still more than capable of playing at a high level. His performance last year was a result of being in Buffalo, not a degradation of skills is all I am saying. I think he'd make them better because he's still incredibly talented.

Did you mention something about a bet?? :D I'd be willing to bet that TO scores more fantasy points in 2010 than Malcolm Floyd...you up for it?

Yes no doubt he could play, but he's 36 going on 37 this year and with a bad string of broken relationships in his rear view I don't think he will get the chance to produce at a high level in the NFL again. He may have skills still but without an opportunity his value is zero. TO's best hope is to wait for someone to get injured, even then his asking price is still too high.

Gino you need some help bro... http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ ...I would be content let our opinions speak for itself. Besides it's premature to discuss a challenge until TO finds a job first.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm

rkrazy wrote:
Orca wrote:If you removed the "circus" factor, you don't think he would make them a better team?
No I don't
Orca wrote:to be honest, I've pretty much always hated TO. I never wanted him on any of my teams, fantasy or real life. But the one thing you can't deny, the dude can flat out play. I personally think he is still more than capable of playing at a high level. His performance last year was a result of being in Buffalo, not a degradation of skills is all I am saying. I think he'd make them better because he's still incredibly talented.

Yes no doubt he could play, but he's 36 going on 37 this year and with a bad string of broken relationships in his rear view I don't think he will get the chance to produce at a high level in the NFL again. He may have skills still but without an opportunity his value is zero. TO's best hope is to wait for someone to get injured, even then his asking price is still too high.

Gino you need some help bro... http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ ...I would be content let our opinions speak for itself. Besides it's premature to discuss a challenge until TO finds a job first.
I'm done with gambling on the forum. My outlet for fun is apparently distracting others. I'll come up with some other outlet I guess. But yeah, IF I were still gambling, I'd take that bet for sure. TO is 100% guaranteed to get work.

willypohill
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby willypohill » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Orca wrote:
rkrazy wrote:
No I don't

I'm done with gambling on the forum. My outlet for fun is apparently distracting others. I'll come up with some other outlet I guess. But yeah, IF I were still gambling, I'd take that bet for sure. TO is 100% guaranteed to get work.
Let's start in-league bets in the PDL. :lol:
Michigan Maulers
QB: Brady, Bradford, Henne, Gabbert, Hill, Edwards
RB: McCoy, Turner, Ingram, Spiller, R. Jennings, Tolbert, Lewis, McGahee, Buckhalter, J. Harrison
WR: Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, V-Jax, Crabtree, Holmes, McCluster, K. Walter
TE: V. Davis, Dreessen, Bennett
K: Akers, Barth
DL: T. Kelly, Ngata, A. Brown, D. Edwards, E. Brown, Avril
LB: Lofton, Cushing, V. Miller, Orakpo, Angerer, Wimbley, Witherspoon
DB: L. Landry, Rhodes, Byrd, T. Williams, Finnegan, Meriweather, J. Smith

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 pm

willypohill wrote:
Orca wrote:
rkrazy wrote: No I don't

Let's start in-league bets in the PDL. :lol:
Now that would probably be ok :).

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm

The Chargers won't be signing free agent Terrell Owens as insurance against a Vincent Jackson holdout, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee.

Profootballtalk.com reported earlier in the day that the Bolts had yet to touch base with T.O., and Acee emphatically closed the door on the possibility of revisiting the situation this summer. Legedu Naanee is in line to pick up a couple of starts in the event of a Jackson suspension and/or holdout.
Rotoworld

nightmarion
All Pro
All Pro

Re: TO to San Diego?

Postby nightmarion » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Does this become a possibility if VJ gets traded?
16 team league, non-PPR standard scoring plus bonuses. $200 cap
Schaub ($26/2014), Weeden ($5/2016)
McFadden ($35/2012), Richardson ($8/2018), Goodson ($2/2012), W. Powell ($2/2014), Taiwan ($5/2014) Bryce Brown ($2/2016)
Fitz ($32/2014), Nicks ($12/2012), DJax ($12/2013), Wayne ($12/2012) Collie ($8/2015), Hilton ($3/2014), Streeter ($3/2013), Hixon ($5/2012), Smith (STL $2/2015), B. Tate ($2/2012)
Gresham ($10/2016), Rudolph ($5/2015), Housler ($2/2017), C. Clay ($2/2015), Cooley ($5/2012)
Gostowski ($2/2015)
CAR ($3/2014), CIN ($2/2014)