Looking for a Dynasty League

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Sun May 16, 2010 5:07 pm

I figured I would make a post here rather then go spamming the boards. I am a first time Dynasty player however I have played Fantasy Football for the past 5+ years. I think it's time I stepped up and went into something with more commitment.

I understand that you guys would probably be weary of first time Dynasty owners but I only post this with the full intention on being in this league for many years. I'm a die hard football fanatic to the point I get up every morning and as part of my daily routine the first thing I do when I wake up is check rotoworld, ESPN insider, Packer Report and other websites for any football news.

So with that said, as a new user depending on the price if there is a fee I am willing to pay the first 2 years up front to show my commitment in wanting to be in a league. I honestly prefer it to be with established members as I'm not looking to get burnt. I would prefer the league to be a new league but if it's a team that has an opening in an already established league then I'd be willing to take that one over.

Please don't hesitate to send a PM or if you have any questions about myself don't hesitate to ask. Thank you very much and hopefully I can get into this very soon.

Thanks again,

Nick

dlf_kenk
Administrator

Thanks Nick!

Postby dlf_kenk » Sun May 16, 2010 5:37 pm

You found the right site, Nick. I'm sure you'll get some offers soon. Thanks for joining us!

cmizelle
Starter
Starter

Postby cmizelle » Sun May 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Nick, I'm looking for one as well. Been playing FF for a while, looking to step it up to keep things going year round. Ideally I'd like to find a startup dynasty league with PPR and without IDP.

cowboy82nd
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cowboy82nd » Mon May 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Hey Nick, look at the other threads. Their are people looking for new players. Good luck.

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 am

cowboy82nd wrote:Hey Nick, look at the other threads. Their are people looking for new players. Good luck.
I have I've even applied to some via pm and it seems due to me either not being known on this site or being a 1st time Dynasty League player people are weary on getting me into a league. understandable I guess.

Well, just so people know I'm still looking and you will be getting a very active and very committed player. Thank you!

cmizelle
Starter
Starter

Postby cmizelle » Wed May 19, 2010 8:09 am

Nick,

I'm with you. Applied for a few via PM also. If you find one, let me know - I'll do likewise.

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 am

It takes some time. I would settle in and contribute to the discussions on the forums for a while.

This community has been around for a while and there is no shortage of qualified active members, so there is some stiff competition out there for league spots. I put in for several leagues without getting accepted into one. Just hang out for a while and let the guys get to know you, :D . In the meantime, you'll get a good fix of high level fantasy football talk!

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed May 19, 2010 8:26 am

NickGB wrote:
cowboy82nd wrote:Hey Nick, look at the other threads. Their are people looking for new players. Good luck.
I have I've even applied to some via pm and it seems due to me either not being known on this site or being a 1st time Dynasty League player people are weary on getting me into a league. understandable I guess.

Well, just so people know I'm still looking and you will be getting a very active and very committed player. Thank you!
Post count and reputation means alot in these leagues, especially with the dedication these owners put in their teams. We invest alot of our personal time and don't want people who aren't committed or will flake out.

The only way we get to know you is by referral from a known member or you taking the time to post and develop a reputation. The other way would be to start your own league therefore guaranteeing a spot. There is nothing that says you don't put together a league of new or "rookie" dynasty league owners. There are plenty of people here who would help you set up your league, answer questions, etc. including myself. Start a thread in the "Help Wanted" section and see if there is interest!!
Last edited by Pilate on Wed May 19, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 19, 2010 8:28 am

Pilate wrote:
NickGB wrote:

Post count and reputation means alot in these leagues, especially with the dedication these owners put in their teams. We invest alot of our personal and don't want people who aren't committed or will flake out.

The only way we get to know you is by referral from a known member or you taking the time to post and develop a reputation. The other way would be to start your own league therefore guaranteeing a spot. There is nothing that says you don't put together a league of new or "rookie" dynasty league owners. There are plenty of people here who would help you set up your league, answer questions, etc. including myself. Start a thread in the "Help Wanted" section and see if there is interest!!
Good advise here ^^^

NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NickGB » Wed May 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Pilate wrote:
NickGB wrote:

Post count and reputation means alot in these leagues, especially with the dedication these owners put in their teams. We invest alot of our personal time and don't want people who aren't committed or will flake out.

That is probably the best advice I've received yet and honestly I've considered it. I've been trying to do it threw ESPN but honestly being a first time player of a Dynasty league I wouldn't even know everything that goes into making such a league.

I guess we'll start like this. I do want it to be an IDP league. So how many DL men do you guys run? OLB? DE? CB? S I mean I wouldn't know the typical numbers to run on anything like this. If anyone has AIM and is familiar with a fairly standard setup and how to manage draft picks or keep the Draft to Rookies only as the years go on it would be much appreciated if you added me and maybe we went into an in depth conversation a little later tonight.

I'd do it now but my brother just got in from Korea and my other brother from Afghanistan we all 3 just recently got out of the military and last night was our first night back together in god I dunno how many years so from midnight last night until just now we've been drinking and catching up so still haven't slept. However, when I wake up from this power nap any advice would be much appreciated and I'd love to set something up for "Rookies" maybe we can get a more veteran player in to help oversee it if they have time to help out in that area.

Thanks fellas :)

AIM - xFootballstar02x

P.S. sorry for the super lengthy post lol when I'm tired I happen to just ramble on :)

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 pm

NickGB wrote:
Pilate wrote:
NickGB wrote: I have I've even applied to some via pm and it seems due to me either not being known on this site or being a 1st time Dynasty League player people are weary on getting me into a league. understandable I guess.

That is probably the best advice I've received yet and honestly I've considered it. I've been trying to do it threw ESPN but honestly being a first time player of a Dynasty league I wouldn't even know everything that goes into making such a league.

I guess we'll start like this. I do want it to be an IDP league. So how many DL men do you guys run? OLB? DE? CB? S I mean I wouldn't know the typical numbers to run on anything like this. If anyone has AIM and is familiar with a fairly standard setup and how to manage draft picks or keep the Draft to Rookies only as the years go on it would be much appreciated if you added me and maybe we went into an in depth conversation a little later tonight.

I'd do it now but my brother just got in from Korea and my other brother from Afghanistan we all 3 just recently got out of the military and last night was our first night back together in god I dunno how many years so from midnight last night until just now we've been drinking and catching up so still haven't slept. However, when I wake up from this power nap any advice would be much appreciated and I'd love to set something up for "Rookies" maybe we can get a more veteran player in to help oversee it if they have time to help out in that area.

AIM - xFootballstar02x

P.S. sorry for the super lengthy post lol when I'm tired I happen to just ramble on :)
Take a look at the leagues on the forum. Several of them are IDP leagues. All are similar, but there are also quite a few differences in some of them. Each one should have the rules posted. That would be a good place for you to start. Check out what the different leagues do and see what you like and what you don't. There are many ways to set up your scoring, starting positions, and roster requirements.

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Wed May 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Great advice Brice. I must admit, Nick's timing is rather funny. As an old-timer on here who took a break from it all last year, recently I've been back and looking over all the threads. Something I've noticed is the recent influx of new and interested players interested in dynasty leagues. Yet many recently new leagues are geared towrads Veterens or Champions leagues. As wisely pointed out previously here, this is due to the level of commitment required and what is better - a proven commodity or a relative unknown?

Yet for the DLF to grow and prosper, new potential dynasty players needs some fun as well, right?

Today I've been toying with the idea of starting a league just for those new to dynasty - the GDL, or Genesis Dynasty League. While not 100% convinced, I'm far enough along in thinking about it that I know it would be a 12 Team, PPR and IDP league on ESPN.

My only concern is biting off more than I can chew (this stuff is addictive!) as that is what led to my sabbatical last year.

Best regards, Lee
Lee Deline

2006 United Dynasty League Inaugural Champion
GM of Waterloo Wolves - Member of the United Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Bandits - Commissioner of the Premier Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Reapers - Member of the DLF Charter League
GM of Waterloo Storm - Member of the DLF Charter League II

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed May 19, 2010 1:38 pm

NickGB wrote:
Pilate wrote:
NickGB wrote: I have I've even applied to some via pm and it seems due to me either not being known on this site or being a 1st time Dynasty League player people are weary on getting me into a league. understandable I guess.

AIM - xFootballstar02x

Most IDP leagues have a minimum requirement of 2 players for each position. Some offer the flex option and some don't. The former Ryan Leaf League required 3 from each position and some owners (myself included) did not like it because it left the pool of players empty. Strictly based on my own preference, I would recommend 2 starters per position with 1-2 flex players.

Bryce brought up a good point, we have several leagues on this site (Charter and all the Gridiron 1-3 Leagues) that are IDP and you an access the scoring on each leagues home page in this forum.

You can always reach out to the commissioners of the leagues to ask for advise on scoring, lineups, etc.

One recommendation I would make is that if you decide to form a league, have the scoring and lineups set ahead of time. Many owners have preferences and depending on your format will dictate whether they will join or not.

On a side note, thank you and your brothers for your service to our country and we are great full you all are home safe.

JayzTO
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Looking for a dynasty league as well

Postby JayzTO » Fri May 28, 2010 12:30 pm

i am looking for a non IDP non PPR dynasty league to join
Been doing fantasy football for a while and a couple years of dynasty as well
I am new to this site but a committed owner if anyone needs an owner for such a league or has a spot let me know
Thanks

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Looking for a dynasty league as well

Postby Orca » Fri May 28, 2010 12:43 pm

JayzTO wrote:i am looking for a non IDP non PPR dynasty league to join
Been doing fantasy football for a while and a couple years of dynasty as well
I am new to this site but a committed owner if anyone needs an owner for such a league or has a spot let me know
Thanks
I understand the non IDP, but I am curious about the non PPR league. Is it just that you are accustomed to non PPR leagues or you are against PPR outright?