Tavon Austin's 2016 Season

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
brubachful
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Tavon Austin's 2016 Season

Postby brubachful » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:42 am

What kind of balance is to be expected with Goff and Gurley? Does anyone see Austin breaking out a little more this season? I am in a 16 team dynasty league, and am curious to what kinda of draft pick(s) he is worthy of before he could potentially be on the move in 2017.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Tavon Austin's 2016 Season

Postby Cherokee » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Love to see in Austin in NO or NE
I bet he sticks in LA though for the long haul. Seems comfortable with the role
He is one of those guys worth more on your roster than anyone will give you in trade .
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

brubachful
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby brubachful » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 am

Cherokee wrote:He is one of those guys worth more on your roster than anyone will give you in trade .
I am the one going after him. Have the 7th and 13th pick overall in our upcoming draft (16 teams). He doesn't have an interest in the 13th, and quite honestly I think the 7th is too steep for me to pull the trigger. Have to think Boyd, Thomas, Henry are worth picking up. Also intrigued by what they'll do with Pharoh Cooper in LA. Especially come contract time for Austin.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:57 am

brubachful wrote:What kind of balance is to be expected with Goff and Gurley? Does anyone see Austin breaking out a little more this season? I am in a 16 team dynasty league, and am curious to what kinda of draft pick(s) he is worthy of before he could potentially be on the move in 2017.
This is a tough call.... I think he will continue being a focal point in that offense when it comes to the passing game and he has the skills to break one loose at any moment. I would really try and get him for as cheap as I can, if I was buying, and I wouldn't invest too much. He should come cheap, anyways, considering he hasn't really done much. Even last year, his best year of his career, wasn't that great. It was good, but nothing that should make a guy value him very high.

Honestly, though, I am not a fan of this draft class after the top 4 or 5 picks. If you spent a 1.7 on him, I wouldn't think it was crazy. I mean, people are spending that on Dixon, who is 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. I am going to go bold and say that I think Austin has more upside than Dixon, especially this year.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:44 pm

I'd want to definitely stay with the later pick and try to add in other ways or add a late flier. Austin is a guy I like going forward and he's cheap for a guy that had some big games with horrid offensive play. I think he'll break 200 points in a PPR this year. Maybe 210 ha, but really, he's just as good an option as almost anybody you'll get in this area and has far more upside. Plus if the Rams do not pay him at seasons end he could end up in the perfect situation. Great low cost guy to stash. There are teams dreaming of guys like him. If he took over Edelman's role...
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st