Thinking about this trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Thinking about this trade

Postby Scorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 am

Team A gives: Eli,Housch,L.Murphy,2010 3.9,2011 2nd round

Team B gives: Cassell,Avery,Holmes,2010 2.2

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 am

Although I'm not sure about Cassel I'd rather be team A...very close though.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 am

Team B also has M.Ryan and A.Boldin. I swapped out Cassell for Ryan, thinking about swapping Holmes for Boldin, but doubt either of these swaps would make the deal possible.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am

if i was team b, i dont see much in that offer that would make me take a 2nd look. housh didnt look good at all in sea last season, and murphy is a raider wr (nuf said), and eli is very inconsistant. i'd much rather have holmes and avery
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:35 am

I like what Team A gets better.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:44 am

He won't get off the 2.2 unless it's a pick upgrade. I really don't like the trade so much anymore if Big Ben ends up in Oakland. I revoked the trade, but might have someone else interested in Eli, my starter would be Sanchez if I let Eli go. :(

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Someone else interested in Eli Manning and K.Winslow

Postby Scorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 am

Should I offer Eli,Winslow,3.9, and a 2011 second for

Hasslebeck,S.Moss,D.Thomas and 2010 pick 2.5? He also has 2.9 that I might be able to substitute, but he won't deal Smith or Vincent. I think I traded S.Moss to him for his 2011 first. His roster:

Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB
Rivers, Philip SDC QB
Barber, Marion DAL RB
Bush, Reggie NOS RB
Choice, Tashard DAL RB
Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB
Bryant, Antonio CIN WR
Driver, Donald GBP WR
Evans, Lee BUF WR
Jackson, Vincent SDC WR
Jones, Jacoby HOU WR
Moss, Santana WAS WR
Smith, Steve CAR WR
Thomas, Devin WAS WR
Cook, Jared TEN TE
Miller, Heath PIT TE
Allen, Jared MIN DE
Durant, Justin JAC LB
Fletcher, London WAS LB
Williams, DJ DEN LB
Branch, Tyvon OAK S

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm

I think you should be able to get more value out of Eli and Winslow. Devin Thomas is a guy I would be targeting though.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I think you should be able to get more value out of Eli and Winslow. Devin Thomas is a guy I would be targeting though.
Well, here's who I want, and who I am willing to give, along with who he wants.
I'll live with the loss of Eli Manning, although I want fair value.
I'll live with the loss of Kellen Winslow, although I paid a high price for him in a trade that cost me Gates. (I got a pair of 3rd round picks, and forsett with Winslow package)
I am willing to trade some 2011 picks to upgrade or buy into the 2010 2nd round if the price is right. I have 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders, and round 3 thru 6 in next years draft. Trading the 2011 picks now won't get me good value, and buying into this years draft is more of an attempt to move up in the draft from the current picks I do own.

He's interested in Eli and Winslow, and recently I traded him
(S.Moss and 2010 pick 3.04) for (K.Walter, 2010 pick 8.06, and 2011 round 2 pick)

Here's how I see it:
Eli > Hasslebeck [mainly due to age, and think keeper QB's hold an extreme amount of value]
Winslow > S.Moss [mainly due to age and inconsistant past]
D.Thomas = 3.09 [due to risk factor]
the upgrade from 3.09 to 2.09 is the offsetting factor that I'm struggling with coming up with the difference of the trade.

I know, it almost looks like I have the better players trading away, but I'm just trying to see what kind of value would make the difference. Right now it doesn't look promising. The sad truth however is that we are talking about Shanahan who coached B.Marshall and E.Royal, and if this Washington team turns things around with McNabb could S.Moss and D.Thomas be worth D.Jackson and J.Maclin?

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm

I definately would not do that second trade. That would be horrible value for Eli and Winslow.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Vintage wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:I think you should be able to get more value out of Eli and Winslow. Devin Thomas is a guy I would be targeting though.
I'll live with the loss of Kellen Winslow, although I paid a high price for him in a trade that cost me Gates. (I got a pair of 3rd round picks, and forsett with Winslow package)
I am willing to trade some 2011 picks to upgrade or buy into the 2010 2nd round if the price is right. I have 3 first rounders, 3 second rounders, and round 3 thru 6 in next years draft. Trading the 2011 picks now won't get me good value, and buying into this years draft is more of an attempt to move up in the draft from the current picks I do own.

(S.Moss and 2010 pick 3.04) for (K.Walter, 2010 pick 8.06, and 2011 round 2 pick)

Here's how I see it:
Eli > Hasslebeck [mainly due to age, and think keeper QB's hold an extreme amount of value]
the upgrade from 3.09 to 2.09 is the offsetting factor that I'm struggling with coming up with the difference of the trade.

I know, it almost looks like I have the better players trading away, but I'm just trying to see what kind of value would make the difference. Right now it doesn't look promising. The sad truth however is that we are talking about Shanahan who coached B.Marshall and E.Royal, and if this Washington team turns things around with McNabb could S.Moss and D.Thomas be worth D.Jackson and J.Maclin?
I highly doubt it. I like Thomas but I've never been a Moss fan.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Vintage wrote:

Here's how I see it:

While I like the potential of D.Thomas, the answer has to be NO! Not even close imo..
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11