Ginn for Bennett

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Ginn for Bennett

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I have been approached to trade Ginn for Earl Bennett. I know that is not much of a blockbuster, but I already have Crabtree, and the other owner has Olsen. Do you think this trade is decent, or should I deal Ginn for a draft pick along the lines of a 4th rounder instead. Ginn holds almost no value on my team now as a # 5 wr

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 pm

I'd hold on to Ginn here, at least wait to see if he can improve in SF, I don't see too much value in acquring Bennett. Hold
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Shawn wrote:I'd hold on to Ginn here, at least wait to see if he can improve in SF, I don't see too much value in acquring Bennett. Hold
yea, SF's WR core will be darn decent next year and I think alex smith having a chance to spend an entire training camp and season in ONE system will be great. I think ted ginn's a buy low
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:17 am

both are dead to me :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:08 am

Even although I slightly prefer the Bennett side unless your league rewards return yards.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am

I took the trade, so now I have Bennett. This is a very low risk move imo, neither Bennet or Ginn would be starters on my team, so I thought Bennett had the most intriguing upside with Cutler and Martz. I already have Crabtree, so I would have never started Ginn in most cases. Not a sexy trade, but it will do.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:56 am

bigcsr67 wrote:I took the trade, so now I have Bennett. This is a very low risk move imo, neither Bennet or Ginn would be starters on my team, so I thought Bennett had the most intriguing upside with Cutler and Martz. I already have Crabtree, so I would have never started Ginn in most cases. Not a sexy trade, but it will do.
I like the trade for you, for the reasons you stated.

-oo-

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:57 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:I took the trade, so now I have Bennett. This is a very low risk move imo, neither Bennet or Ginn would be starters on my team, so I thought Bennett had the most intriguing upside with Cutler and Martz. I already have Crabtree, so I would have never started Ginn in most cases. Not a sexy trade, but it will do.
great trade for you. Ginn has no value at all in most fantasy leagues, and Bennett at least has very nice PPR upside with Martz.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm

jimmo wrote:
great trade for you. Ginn has no value at all in most fantasy leagues, and Bennett at least has very nice PPR upside with Martz.
Thanks! Bennett had 700+ rec yrds last year in his 2nd pro season, I am thinking he has potential for 1000.