Bryant vs. Crowell

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
superhoudini
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Bryant vs. Crowell

Postby superhoudini » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm in a 32 team league. PPR. Would you roll dice on M. Bryant (PIT-WR) coming back or do you think I. Crowell (CLE-RB) is a lead back?

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Re: Bryant vs. Crowell

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:06 pm

mewtr wrote:I'm in a 32 team league. PPR. Would you roll dice on M. Bryant (PIT-WR) coming back or do you think I. Crowell (CLE-RB) is a lead back?
I think you go with the guy who can get you points at the end of the day, honestly. Crowell can be a frustrating RB, but Crowell getting you 1000 all purpose yards and 4-6 TD's all season is far more useful than what Martavis will guarantee you in 2016. And the thing about his potential reinstatement, is that even next summer, Goodell COULD choose to evaluate his potential reinstatement. He doesn't HAVE TO.

I can understand that a guy like a non-suspended Martavis would be a fantastic building block in a league that deep and competitive. But on the other hand, in a league that deep and competitive, where the RB 30 is by default an RB1, a player like Crowell also becomes even more important than usual. I truly believe availability is the best and most important ability.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm

jaykay22 wrote: I truly believe availability is the best and most important ability.
Completely agree, and though I loved Martavis coming out of college I have serious reservations about his ability to stick to the guidelines of the league's substance abuse program. Crowell may not be terribly exciting, but I'm not a fan of holding players with the level of risk Bryant carries. I traded him prior to the 2015 season when his 4-game suspension was announced and haven't looked back.

FWIW the pick I got for Bryant turned into Duke Johnson.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed May 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Bryant

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Wed May 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Tough call, in a 32 team league you have some not so savory rosters. These guys who get suspended haven't done a good job coming back. I pray for him but we will see. For my money Id probably take Crowell. Hue Jackson loves to run and Duke can't handle a full workload.
10 Team 2 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Superflex, k, Defense:
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
QB: C. Newton, B. Osweiler
RB: D. Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Mike Evans, A. Cooper, Devante Parker
Flex: J. Langford, P. Dorsett
TE: Ebron
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590