Mccoy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Mccoy

Postby Dynasty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:09 pm

lets say westbrook doesnt go back to philly next year, where does mccoy rank?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:16 am

imho, was and is the best RB that came out of the 2009 class. Draft him accordingly.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:30 am

skip wrote:imho, was and is the best RB that came out of the 2009 class. Draft him accordingly.

decent rb yes.... best rb from moreno/wells/brown? hellllll no.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
skip wrote:imho, was and is the best RB that came out of the 2009 class. Draft him accordingly.

decent rb yes.... best rb from moreno/wells/brown? hellllll no.
Certainly better than Brown. I still think McCoy's running ability, esp. between the tackles, is suspect. Although he's good in the passing-game, his upside is limited until he learns to run the ball better. Of course, they said the same thing about Westbrook at one time, so who knows?
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:33 pm

I'm an Eagles fan and have watched every game for the last 20 years.... McCoy is not that great. He's solid, a good complimentary piece, but hes not a stud. The Westbrook comparisons are crazy. Westbrook has an insanely strong lower body that allowed him to bounce of tacklers, run inside, block effectively, etc. McCoy is not nearly as strong. He's quick and a good pass catcher, but he'll never carry a full load.

If Leonard Weaver is splitting carries with him, that tells you he's not an everydown back (and I like Weaver).

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:47 pm

bobbytheo3 wrote:I'm an Eagles fan and have watched every game for the last 20 years.... McCoy is not that great. He's solid, a good complimentary piece, but hes not a stud. The Westbrook comparisons are crazy. Westbrook has an insanely strong lower body that allowed him to bounce of tacklers, run inside, block effectively, etc. McCoy is not nearly as strong. He's quick and a good pass catcher, but he'll never carry a full load.

If Leonard Weaver is splitting carries with him, that tells you he's not an everydown back (and I like Weaver).
Very well said. I still have Brown ahead of him from last draft class as well as Shonn Greene. Honestly I like some of the later round backs more as an every down RB in the NFL as well (Coffee, Goodson, Davis and Gartrell to name a few). He is an average RB with big play ability at best IMO. He is incredibly weak in between the tackles and they are attempting to hide it with screen passes and draws right now. Even if Westbrook is out in Philly, I wouldn't consider touching him in the first 2 rounds and after that I would really have to be out of other options because I just don't see the long term value.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:07 pm

hosler427 wrote:
bobbytheo3 wrote:I'm an Eagles fan and have watched every game for the last 20 years.... McCoy is not that great. He's solid, a good complimentary piece, but hes not a stud. The Westbrook comparisons are crazy. Westbrook has an insanely strong lower body that allowed him to bounce of tacklers, run inside, block effectively, etc. McCoy is not nearly as strong. He's quick and a good pass catcher, but he'll never carry a full load.

Very well said. I still have Brown ahead of him from last draft class as well as Shonn Greene. Honestly I like some of the later round backs more as an every down RB in the NFL as well (Coffee, Goodson, Davis and Gartrell to name a few). He is an average RB with big play ability at best IMO. He is incredibly weak in between the tackles and they are attempting to hide it with screen passes and draws right now. Even if Westbrook is out in Philly, I wouldn't consider touching him in the first 2 rounds and after that I would really have to be out of other options because I just don't see the long term value.
haha forgot about greene... hes my #3 running back in this class ahead of brown... whoopssss

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Crazy talk....

----------------
Now playing: Blue October - Should Be Loved

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Said it all...

----------------
Now playing: Jon Foreman - Your Love Is Strong

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:45 pm

In a 12 team league I would only be comfortable with McCoy as a bye week fill in or as a flex option until he shows more.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:55 pm

A lot depends on whether or not you play in a PPR league, in PPR I think McCoy's value is much higher, as I expect his receptions to increase as he matures. In Non ppr leagues, I think there is a big dropoff.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:01 pm

ight, thanks for the help guys

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:22 pm

I drafted him in a couple of leagues.

It has been worrisome to me to see him lose carries to Weaver. I watched Weaver when he was "here" in SEA (I'm in Vancouver), and can really catch a ball well for a FB, but he's not an elusive runner.

My eyeball test for McCoy leads me to think he will take over as lead back. He has the skill set, except for one at this point in time: pass protection.

He is still shaky on blitz pickup. I cannot find a link right now, but I read early last week that he has almost gotten McNabb killed a couple of times, which is why Reid has leaned more on Weaver down the stretch. Why expose McNabb to those kinds of shot in the stretch run? As you can see, McCoy is still getting field time, so Reid obviously wants to get him involved.

Now, the question remains, is this a rookie who is just not up-to-snuff in terms of the speed and schemes of blitz pick-up, or is this a mental skill with him where he is going to continue to miss assignments and get his QB sent to the hospital?

I don't know. The only way we will tell is with time.

As of right now, I think he's a solid pick in PPR. Reid has also shown RZ confidence in him as well. What I am putting my money on is that he gets his blocking sorted out, and becomes more of a full-time runner, with Weaver returning to a more traditional FB role/situational guy. I also think the Westy comparisons are ludicrous. Westy is (was?) a very special talent. I can see McCoy being a top 10 PPR back, give or take a few positions in the pecking order, but never an arguable PPR top 2 like Westy has been in the past.

The other thing which has scared the crap out of me was Eldra Buckley being thrown into the mix a few weeks ago...

How this situation shakes out is anyone's guess, but as I said, my money is on McCoy being a rookie who simply needs polishing.
Last edited by hostile on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:03 am

lets all not forget when Westbrook first came out he split with Staley, and Buckhalter for the most part, so he was never really seen as fantasy reliable until he became THE MAN...I think the same will happen with McCoy. Honestly I think McCoy is more of a Reggie Bush type right now, except he is used differently - and as he gains more experience, and more coaching I think he will actually become more balanced like Westbrook. This speaks more to his level of physical talent...lets also not forget Westbrook was/is an extremely smart player AND physically gifted, and thats why he was so special. If McCoy can pick things up as well as Westbrook did over time he too will be a premier player, and could even be better than Westbrook in my opinion.

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:02 pm

I like McCoy top 15 RB...Moreno is the only rook I would rank ahead of him.