96 Team Startup / FILLED

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

96 Team Startup / FILLED

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:14 am

================================================================================

WANT TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST? GO HERE: http://tinyurl.com/jrm3mcc

Phase 1 (DONE): Collecting data through various websites & surveys about what makes a competitive, long-lasting dynasty league.

Phase 2 (DONE): Testing & Implementing ideas through various other leagues to pin-point problems and find solutions.

Phase 3 (DONE): Recruiting pre-registrants.

Phase 4 (CURRENT): Finalize rules (DONE), adjust website settings, invite pre-registrants through leaguesafe (DONE), and fill remaining spots.

Phase 5: Startup draft.

=======================================

My name is Mike. I'm a 35-year old married professional with no kids (tons of free time). I created & ran 2 leagues (NFDL & USFL) in the process of figuring out how to put together this 1 league called "Dynasty96". The idea of this league was created several years ago, but only has come to fruition recently through careful planning and processing.

The following important rules:

-- $55 yearly fee, with a paid $110 entrance fee, means $5100 in yearly prize money.

-- All teams with 8+ wins (25-30%) will win a minimum of $75. 16 playoff teams will fight for 1st place with a minimum grand prize of $1000.

-- Dynasty96 will be a contract league to promote longevity and league parity, thus helping the sustainability throughout its lifetime.

-- 96 teams in 1 division = 95 trade partners. This also makes scheduling & playoff standings easier to setup & evaluate, and only rewards better teams.

-- All offensive positions will be used (QB, RB, WR, TE).

-- 0.5 ppr, 5 points per passing td, plus standard settings.

-- 20 roster spots, duplicate (x6) player pool.

-- The startup draft will be a 3rd round reversal, lasting 20 rounds with all 96 teams. Startup Draft Picks are NON-TRADABLE, thus resulting in a faster draft by up up to 70%. A normal draft of this size would take 3 months, while the non-trade rule will cut the draft time down to just under 1 month. Trading will open there-after.

=====================================================

FULL RULES CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www29.myfantasyleague.com/2016/h ... ESSAGE20=N

WANT TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST? GO HERE: http://tinyurl.com/jrm3mcc
Last edited by MEuRaH on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 25 times in total.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

chalorpas
Starter
Starter

Re: Dynasty96 - Start Up Dynasty League w/ 96 Teams: Phase 3

Postby chalorpas » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:38 am

Not that he needs anyone to vouch for him since he is a forum "MVP", but just wanted to say that Mike is a really good, fair, prompt, etc. commissioner and I am confident in the longevity of this league. I will definitely be participating, sounds fun.

Lwick13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lwick13 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:45 pm

chalorpas wrote:Not that he needs anyone to vouch for him since he is a forum "MVP", but just wanted to say that Mike is a really good, fair, prompt, etc. commissioner and I am confident in the longevity of this league. I will definitely be participating, sounds fun.
Seconded. :thumbup:

Away Team
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Away Team » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Play with this guy in a league and echo the sentiments of others here.

Cobrax20
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cobrax20 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Although I understand and agree with the "rank" of someone I still like hearing good things about commishes at least when my money is involved....I wish more people would chime in when they know commishes and give recommendations ....96 teams whew sounds great

KLIPKLIP
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby KLIPKLIP » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Cobrax20 wrote:Although I understand and agree with the "rank" of someone I still like hearing good things about commishes at least when my money is involved....I wish more people would chime in when they know commishes and give recommendations ....96 teams whew sounds great
Yeah I agree, and you can also add me to that list.
Last edited by KLIPKLIP on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lwick13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lwick13 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Cobrax20 wrote:Although I understand and agree with the "rank" of someone I still like hearing good things about commishes at least when my money is involved....I wish more people would chime in when they know commishes and give recommendations ....96 teams whew sounds great
I think most if not all the people in his leagues would agree he is really good commish

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Oh wow, thanks for the accolades. I didn't expect this and I very much appreciate those kind words.

I'm bumping this thread to give an update. I am 25% of the way there through ~24-hours of open registration. That's 50 people already in 1 day.

I was expecting 10 and hoping for 20 in the first day. Makes me a little nervous to see 5-times as many names signed up already, but also excited that this is taking off so well.

Pre-Registration will close at 200. I will send out an email next week (Monday?) about what final touches were made, how to officially register, and the next steps to get to the startup draft.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Interesting set-up for sure.
Why so big though? What about it is so enticing to make it that large?
You almost get to the point where it's hard to predict/keep track of draft picks upcoming (in rookie years) because you might be trading with Team A for their 2nd but they end up with 2.88 when in reality that's more like 2.13 in a 16 team league or whatever the equivalent is. Just with so many player pools and owners all existing on 1 website, whew that's a lot to keep track of.
Hopefully you can find 96 awesome owners to get this thing going.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:24 pm

HawkeyeState wrote:Interesting set-up for sure.
You almost get to the point where it's hard to predict/keep track of draft picks upcoming (in rookie years) because you might be trading with Team A for their 2nd but they end up with 2.88 when in reality that's more like 2.13 in a 16 team league or whatever the equivalent is. Just with so many player pools and owners all existing on 1 website, whew that's a lot to keep track of.
I've run variations of something similar. Keeping track of draft position is easier than it looks. I'll make a chart for all owners to use when the time arises.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Dynasty96 - Start Up Dynasty League w/ 96 Teams. 33% The

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:35 am

bump
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:34 am

HawkeyeState wrote:Interesting set-up for sure.
i think there are several things that can make this work and exciting to be a part of. some things that caught my eye as potential pieces in place to ensure longevity:

-nice payouts. win 8 games and get some money back, $125 for making the playoffs via vp's. $1000 to win.
-i like the 3rd reversal, no trading in the startup. that means everyone has the same opportunity to build their team from a level playing field.
-the contracts keep future drafts alive. lets say i draft luck with 4 yrs...whether i keep him or trade him...he goes back to the draft in 4 years. drafts will be filled with players...so team turnover really can be built through drafts. not to mention all waiver additions are on 1 yr contracts. that makes things interesting.

the obvious concern is getting 96 owners that stick with it. it isnt going to happen, but im sure replacements can be found with the set up of contracts.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:23 am

sloth8u wrote:the obvious concern is getting 96 owners that stick with it. it isnt going to happen, but im sure replacements can be found with the set up of contracts.
Good call.

I will add that new owners have to pay 2 years to join the league, meaning that we will have the same 96 owners from year 1 to year 2.

I have run similar payments in other leagues, and the retention rate is 75%-85% from year to year.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:56 am

Wow, intense! Seems like it would be really fun and different. You are a very brave man for wanting to commish something like that. Can't imagine the time commitment that will take?

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:00 pm

wingnutty wrote:Wow, intense! Seems like it would be really fun and different. You are a very brave man for wanting to commish something like that. Can't imagine the time commitment that will take?
I don't think it'll be too bad. I commissioned a 72-team league for the last 3 years. I dropped that gig so I could do this one instead. That league was far more in depth and chaotic. This one is simplified a bit more.

I'm going to be sending out invites tomorrow fyi. The sign up sheet is getting up there rather quickly.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: