2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: 2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

Postby dlf_ericd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 am

tstafford wrote:Wow. I figured I'd at least get one of Titus Young or Hankerson they way this was playing out, but no! Picking at the turn in the snake draft style made my job a bit easier. Pulled Kendall Hunter and Daniel Thomas off the board. Wouldn't have that ability in most rookie drafts. I figured with the 1.12/2.01 I'd maximize my chances that I end up with one starting RB. The WR talent pool was really drained at this point. Briefly considered Kyle Rudolph but 2.01 seemed too early for a TE.

This mock has me thinking that this draft is pretty solid after all. I has very high on it a month ago, watched a bunch of guys go back to school and got down on it, but I'm rebounding to month ago form. With the exception of Gabbert, I'd be happy to add any of these guys to my fantasy squad. The middle picks 1.05 - 1.09 will be solid if these WRs end up in decent situations. If just two of Baldwin, Smith, Young and Hankerson go to places where they have a decent shot at playing, the middle of the first round is solid.
I feel the same way and liked both of your picks, although I probably would have let Thomas slide another pick or two & went next best WR.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

NoLogoNeeded
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoLogoNeeded » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:08 pm

hosler427 wrote:
NoLogoNeeded wrote:
seahawks506 wrote:Hankerson was the logical choice, one of the best players left.
If you wouldn't have grabbed him, I would have...good pick! :thumbup:
Hankerson and Titus Young are great picks at that point. I would even consider both earlier. Also, I noticed the "poor man's DeSean Jackson" reference in the pick. Titus is a much more complete WR imo and I think Harvin is a better comparison.
I quoted the guy from NFL Soup...I think his comparison was to the speed aspect...they're both burners...I would be more than happy of he was like Harvin...no headaches! This is pretty good draft so far.
DLF - Rivals League
Premier League
Fx3 Dynasty Challenge
DLF - Dugout League

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Cam newton... not expecting a lot of love for that pick. But I always like getting an nfl draft 1st rounder in the 2nd round here, and while I think Newton has a good chance of busting he also could become a great mobile QB. Not bad value for the 2nd round.
Also considered Jerrel Jernigan and Kyle Rudolph. I think Rudolph would have gone a lot higher if he hadn't had his injury problems.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 pm

seahawks506 wrote:Cam newton... not expecting a lot of love for that pick. But I always like getting an nfl draft 1st rounder in the 2nd round here, and while I think Newton has a good chance of busting he also could become a great mobile QB. Not bad value for the 2nd round.
Also considered Jerrel Jernigan and Kyle Rudolph. I think Rudolph would have gone a lot higher if he hadn't had his injury problems.
He'll bust as a NFL QB, but as a Fantasy QB, I would definitly take the chance at the beginning of the 2nd round, I like that pick.

NoLogoNeeded
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoLogoNeeded » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:28 pm

seahawks506 wrote:Cam newton... not expecting a lot of love for that pick. But I always like getting an nfl draft 1st rounder in the 2nd round here, and while I think Newton has a good chance of busting he also could become a great mobile QB. Not bad value for the 2nd round.
I debated really hard and almost took Newton, I think it's a solid pick in the second.
DLF - Rivals League
Premier League
Fx3 Dynasty Challenge
DLF - Dugout League

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:09 am

Great pick with Greg Little!! Definitely one of my personal favorites in this class. He is great once the ball in his hands and despite only one season at WR, he is very natural at the position.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:41 am

hosler427 wrote:Great pick with Greg Little!! Definitely one of my personal favorites in this class. He is great once the ball in his hands and despite only one season at WR, he is very natural at the position.
Thanks! I like him a lot too and prefer a big WR with upside over a polished smaller guy usually.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Sorry for the delay, I'll make a selection soon.

TheFlyingLineman
Starter
Starter

Postby TheFlyingLineman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:09 am

NOW who ya gonna pick, Skip? ...lol :lol:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 am

TheFlyingLineman wrote:NOW who ya gonna pick, Skip? ...lol :lol:
I think I'll wait until Mark makes his selection...and were you expecting me to pick Mallet?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

TheFlyingLineman
Starter
Starter

Postby TheFlyingLineman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 am

skip wrote:
I think I'll wait until Mark makes his selection...and were you expecting me to pick Mallet?
No. It was a lame attempt at humor. Didn't think anyone would be chomping at the bit to pick up Mallet.

Fail. :problem:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 am

TheFlyingLineman wrote:
skip wrote:
No. It was a lame attempt at humor. Didn't think anyone would be chomping at the bit to pick up Mallet.

Fail. :problem:
Ah, gotcha...just assumed you were confused thinking I was the next selection. :-P
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 am

We should revisit this right after the NFL Draft to see how much the selections change....
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 am

There will be a couple more drafts, 2.0, after the combine, and 3.0 after the draft. Alos some one will put together an IDP draft etc... This is an annual ritual every off season. your wish will be granted an more.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 am

I'm really surprised how many QB's have went in this 2 rd mock, especially because everyone is so down on the quality compared to most years...I wasn't expecting more than 1 to go in the first 2 rounds.