2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Discuss the picks here... :D

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

Postby grimace » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 am

I like how your setting this up like a snake draft, rather than our usual rookie drafts.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

grimace wrote:I like how your setting this up like a snake draft, rather than our usual rookie drafts.

oops, actially a mistake...well it doesn't matter since this is just a mock... :D

BTW, have at it fellas, no clock just please send a pm to the next in line when you have posted your selection...

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Wanted Ingram with the 1.02 but I'll take the next big thing since sliced bread... :D

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:34 am

Steelersfan wrote:Wanted Ingram with the 1.02 but I'll take the next big thing since sliced bread... :D
Seeing this is a RB starved draft ideally, Ingram will go #1 in every draft unless the team absolutely needs a WR, of Ingram goes to Buffalo or New Orleans.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 am

grimace wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:Wanted Ingram with the 1.02 but I'll take the next big thing since sliced bread... :D
Seeing this is a RB starved draft ideally, Ingram will go #1 in every draft unless the team absolutely needs a WR, of Ingram goes to Buffalo or New Orleans.
I've heard this quite a bit, but I think Green will be the pick in the majority of drafts unless the team has a big hole at RB. I think most view him as the better talent.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:41 am

grimace wrote:
Buffalo just spent a top 10 pick on an RB last year that they haven't even attempted to use to this point - they will not be drafting Ingram. New Orleans has a history of drafting RBs early even with competent ones on the roster, so they are never out of the realm of possibility.

And I concur that Ingram is going to go in the higher percentage of drafts at #1.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 am

skip wrote:
grimace wrote:
Buffalo just spent a top 10 pick on an RB last year that they haven't even attempted to use to this point - they will not be drafting Ingram. New Orleans has a history of drafting RBs early even with competent ones on the roster, so they are never out of the realm of possibility.

And I concur that Ingram is going to go in the higher percentage of drafts at #1.
The Buffalo comment was meant as a joke. Yes Green is a much better talent then Ingram in every way, but the lack or Stub RB's and the fact Ingram is not a burner but can catch and pass block he'll be a 3 down back as long as he doesn't go to a bad situation. Closest bet to a sure thing "Fantasy wise" in this draft

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 am

With the number of solid, startable FA backs out there and not a lot of "good situations" open, what are the chances he falls into a good spot? That's my worry with drafting Ingram at #1. If I have to wait a couple of years for my #1 pick to develop and be startable on my team, then I'm taking the more talented player. I think there's only a couple of teams that Ingram could go to and make a difference as a rookie or possibly 2nd year as well. And that's without those teams going after free agents that are available...

Here's the list of FA RB's as of right now -

RB Addai, Joseph IND RFA-5
RB Bell, Mike CLE RFA-5
RB Benson, Cedric CIN UFA
RB Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RFA-4
RB Brown, Ronnie MIA UFA
RB Bush, Michael OAK RFA-4
RB Cobbs, Patrick MIA RFA-5
RB Darby, Kenneth STL RFA-4
RB Faulk, Kevin NE UFA
RB Felton, Jerome DET RFA-3
RB Foster, Arian HOU EXFA
RB Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NE RFA-3
RB Hamilton, Lynell NO RFA-3
RB Harrison, Jerome PHI RFA-5
RB Hart, Mike IND RFA-3
RB Hightower, Tim ARI RFA-3
RB Hilliard, Lex MIA RFA-3
RB Jackson, Brandon GB RFA-4
RB Kuhn, John GB RFA-3
RB Maroney, Laurence DEN RFA-5
RB McClain, LeRon BAL RFA-4
RB Moore, Mewelde PIT UFA
RB Morris, Sammy NE UFA
RB Norwood, Jerious ATL RFA-5
RB Reece, Marcel OAK EXFA
RB Rhodes, Dominic IND UFA
RB Smith, Kevin DET RFA-3
RB Snelling, Jason ATL RFA-4
RB Sproles, Darren SD UFA
RB Taylor, Fred NE UFA
RB Thomas, Pierre NO RFA-4
RB Tolbert, Mike SD RFA-3
RB Ward, Derrick HOU UFA
RB Washington, Leon SEA RFA-5
RB Westbrook, Brian SF UFA
RB Williams, Cadillac TB UFA
RB Williams, DeAngelo CAR RFA-5
RB Williams, Ricky MIA UFA

Some notable names there & not very many teams without a clear cut starter or 2 RB's in a committee...

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am

Only place a I see as a good spot would be Miami, then New England, some mocks have him going to NO, but that would mean Thomas and Bush would be gone, so don't know about that. Post above also reinforces his fantasy worth even more, he's pretty much the only rookie back in the draft that will actually play enough to be fantasy relevant next year, unless Lesure jumps over him in the draft.

Green's stock takes a dive because there are so many WR this year and one of the worst for RB in the past few years.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 am

grimace wrote:Only place a I see as a good spot would be Miami, then New England, some mocks have him going to NO, but that would mean Thomas and Bush would be gone, so don't know about that. Post above also reinforces his fantasy worth even more, he's pretty much the only rookie back in the draft that will actually play enough to be fantasy relevant next year, unless Lesure jumps over him in the draft.

Green's stock takes a dive because there are so many WR this year and one of the worst for RB in the past few years.
I'm not sure what you mean about the above post reinforcing his fantasy value? I'm saying that there may not be a "good situation" for him to fall into. If my team was in need for a RB, I'd be trying to trade for young one in a good situation already versus taking the lesser talent at 1.01.

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:48 am

airlex wrote:
grimace wrote:Only place a I see as a good spot would be Miami, then New England, some mocks have him going to NO, but that would mean Thomas and Bush would be gone, so don't know about that. Post above also reinforces his fantasy worth even more, he's pretty much the only rookie back in the draft that will actually play enough to be fantasy relevant next year, unless Lesure jumps over him in the draft.

I'm not sure what you mean about the above post reinforcing his fantasy value? I'm saying that there may not be a "good situation" for him to fall into. If my team was in need for a RB, I'd be trying to trade for young one in a good situation already versus taking the lesser talent at 1.01.

Sorry skimmed thru your post quickly with out really reading the post and names, and assumed you where saying these are the team's with already established RB's. Kind of half paying attention to our discussion.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:58 am

Gotcha...no big deal and I'm not saying that my theory is right, just seems like the first time I can remember there being more supply than demand at the RB position.

NoLogoNeeded
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoLogoNeeded » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 am

For fantasy purposes, and I have the 1.1 in this RC draft...Green for me please!
DLF - Rivals League
Premier League
Fx3 Dynasty Challenge
DLF - Dugout League

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 am

NoLogoNeeded wrote:For fantasy purposes, and I have the 1.1 in this RC draft...Green for me please!
I'm actually debating over this right now too, have 1.1 and need a RB in PPR, but Green could be too much to pass up. This will all be much clearer at the end of Arpil.