Senior Bowl Week (Wednesday Update)

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:09 pm

the_lung wrote:
hosler427 wrote:I like McCluster but I don't like the Darren Sproles comparison.
I don't really like the Sproles comparison either, and for two big reasons:

#1) Sproles is meatier, with a thicker lower frame. Sproles has muscular thighs like that of Maurice Jones Drew.
#2) Sproles is quick, but McCluster has Chris Johnson world class speed. Don't be surprised when McCluster breaks 4.30 in the 40 at the Combine.

I think the two have will have similar careers in that neither could withstand the pounding to be a feature back. But McCluster will use his elusiveness and breakaway speed like Chris Johnson does to be a real difference maker in the NFL.

I think Sproles looks thinner than Mccluster but not ny much.

And I agree that he will be a big time play maker in the NFL.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 pm

highballers wrote:Can we read into anything that the other guy is wearing a shirt with the Panthers' logo? I'd like to know where the picture was taken and when.

I believe that picture was taken during the week of senior bowl practices and I am not sure if the guy in the Panthers shirt is a team rep or just a fan of the panthers?

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm

highballers wrote:Can we read into anything that the other guy is wearing a shirt with the Panthers' logo? I'd like to know where the picture was taken and when.
He was one of the guys running the weigh ins. There was a Jaguar coach, Lions coach and Saints coach there as well ushering guys in and out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:54 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:
He was one of the guys running the weigh ins. There was a Jaguar coach, Lions coach and Saints coach there as well ushering guys in and out.
Good to hear...all the Panthers need is another RB...

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:1st post here as I just joined today.

1st impression is this board is loaded with some knowledgeable members and has some good FF info to be shared and discussed. I'm looking for a new home as one of the boards I used to frequent is falling apart with some serious drama!

So what were your thoughts on Dexter McCluster this week at the senior bowl? I love the guy and pray he lands in Detroit.
Welcome DA, I think you'll find its pretty drama-free around here. I joined a couple of years ago after Ants fell completely in the toilet and have enjoyed the relative sanity! Hope you stick around and make yourself at home...

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 pm

1st impression is this board is loaded with some knowledgeable members and has some good FF info to be shared and discussed. I'm looking for a new home as one of the boards I used to frequent is falling apart with some serious drama!

So what were your thoughts on Dexter McCluster this week at the senior bowl? I love the guy and pray he lands in Detroit.

Welcome to the board, feel free to post as much as you'd like! I thought Devil's Advocate was a very underrated Pacino movie, and one of his best in the past decade or so!
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 am

jimmo wrote:

Welcome DA, I think you'll find its pretty drama-free around here. I joined a couple of years ago after Ants fell completely in the toilet and have enjoyed the relative sanity! Hope you stick around and make yourself at home...
Do I know you from Ants? That board used to be solid but took a complete bleep in 2008.
I think I will like this board as I am about 90% dynasty leagues now so I think I have found a great place to talk FF year round.

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 am

Shawn wrote:

Welcome to the board, feel free to post as much as you'd like! I thought Devil's Advocate was a very underrated Pacino movie, and one of his best in the past decade or so!
Love the movie and the meaning of Devil's Advocate as I like to argue the underdog's point. :twisted:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Shawn wrote:

Love the movie and the meaning of Devil's Advocate as I like to argue the underdog's point. :twisted:
Well, Al Pacino is one of the top-2 actors of all-time. :D
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars