2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

This is the forum for public mock drafts. To avoid any confusion, please do not post in individual draft forums of which you are not a member.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: 2011 Fantasy Rookie Mock Draft 1.0 - Discussion

Postby dlf_ericd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 pm

grimace wrote:First QB goes off the board at 1.9, my question is there really a Dynasyt Relevant QB in this draft, meaning a player who could play at a top 10 level for his career.
If there is, good luck figuring out which one...I'm glad I don't have a need at QB, because I'm as confused as the next guy as to which QB will pan out...If I had to put a bet on 1 guy having a top 10 career, it would probably be Mallett at this time.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 pm

grimace wrote:First QB goes off the board at 1.9, my question is there really a Dynasyt Relevant QB in this draft, meaning a player who could play at a top 10 level for his career.
I think Gabbert and Newton have the potential to be top 10 QBs but they are far from locks. I need to see more from this QB class to convince me they are worthy of a first round fantasy pick. Out of everyone I have the least confidence in Mallett. Horrible work ethic, long delivery, reports of a bad attitude. One scout said something about him having the mind of JaMarcus Russell and the delivery of Byron Leftwich....not inspiring.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 pm

hosler427 wrote:
I think Gabbert and Newton have the potential to be top 10 QBs but they are far from locks. I need to see more from this QB class to convince me they are worthy of a first round fantasy pick. Out of everyone I have the least confidence in Mallett. Horrible work ethic, long delivery, reports of a bad attitude. One scout said something about him having the mind of JaMarcus Russell and the delivery of Byron Leftwich....not inspiring.
Wow...I hadn't heard any of that about Mallett. Everything I was hearing (other than the long delivery) was good so far. See, it's stuff like that which makes me think that none of these QB's have a very high floor. Thanks for the info.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:02 pm

airlex wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
Wow...I hadn't heard any of that about Mallett. Everything I was hearing (other than the long delivery) was good so far. See, it's stuff like that which makes me think that none of these QB's have a very high floor. Thanks for the info.
I will see if I can go back and find the link for that...One scout also said (paraphrased here) "I have stuff on Mallett that no one has and I wouldn't touch him with a 7th round pick" It was something to that effect. I will look that up and see what I can find

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:23 pm

hosler427 wrote:I will see if I can go back and find the link for that...One scout also said (paraphrased here) "I have stuff on Mallett that no one has and I wouldn't touch him with a 7th round pick" It was something to that effect. I will look that up and see what I can find
The comments about Russell and Leftwich were from earlier this week. The same site also had this to say around mid-season:

"Mallett's team is winning and he's putting up good stats, but if you take a closer look his accuracy is highly inconsistent, he has poor mechanics, and he struggles with mobility and has a hard time eluding pass rushers. Mallett is a bit of a statue in the pocket and doesn't create throwing lanes outside the tackle box when his receivers struggle to get open. We're not buying the hype anymore, and neither should you. "
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 pm

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is- ... -pick.html

My quote was off a little bit but here is the article

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:28 pm

hosler427 wrote:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is- ... -pick.html

Maybe the critics of Mallett are just bitter Michigan fans upset that he left there
S-M-I-T-E :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Shawn wrote:
hosler427 wrote:http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is- ... -pick.html

Maybe the critics of Mallett are just bitter Michigan fans upset that he left there
S-M-I-T-E :lol:
If I would have been there, I would have tripped him on his way out the door :-)

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:07 pm

I also agree Ingram will most likely be #1 in more drafts then not. I'm not going to over think my 1.2. I need a RB so if Green goes 1 then in gram is the choice. A lot of people think that Green has a higher ceiling but could take a few years to produce the numbers we think he will. I'm lucky enough to have the depth to let him develop as my WR4/5.

I have 1.7 and will probably take a RB there. I'm intrigued with Demarco Murray who is getting good reviews down in Mobile. Anyone have anything on Dion Lewis? He had a down year, but was a monster his freshman year.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Just got home, going to make my pick ASAP.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

NoLogoNeeded
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoLogoNeeded » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:47 pm

hosler427 wrote:
I agree, Gabbert/Newton may have the best potential to be top 10 someday...but man this class just doesn't look promising at all... :thumbdown:
DLF - Rivals League
Premier League
Fx3 Dynasty Challenge
DLF - Dugout League

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Hankerson was the logical choice, one of the best players left. I seriously considered Titus Young though.
Last edited by seahawks506 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

NoLogoNeeded
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoLogoNeeded » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:08 pm

seahawks506 wrote:Hankerson was the logical choice, one of the best players left.
If you wouldn't have grabbed him, I would have...good pick! :thumbup:
DLF - Rivals League
Premier League
Fx3 Dynasty Challenge
DLF - Dugout League

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:24 am

NoLogoNeeded wrote:
seahawks506 wrote:Hankerson was the logical choice, one of the best players left.
If you wouldn't have grabbed him, I would have...good pick! :thumbup:
Hankerson and Titus Young are great picks at that point. I would even consider both earlier. Also, I noticed the "poor man's DeSean Jackson" reference in the pick. Titus is a much more complete WR imo and I think Harvin is a better comparison.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:31 am

Wow. I figured I'd at least get one of Titus Young or Hankerson they way this was playing out, but no! Picking at the turn in the snake draft style made my job a bit easier. Pulled Kendall Hunter and Daniel Thomas off the board. Wouldn't have that ability in most rookie drafts. I figured with the 1.12/2.01 I'd maximize my chances that I end up with one starting RB. The WR talent pool was really drained at this point. Briefly considered Kyle Rudolph but 2.01 seemed too early for a TE.

This mock has me thinking that this draft is pretty solid after all. I has very high on it a month ago, watched a bunch of guys go back to school and got down on it, but I'm rebounding to month ago form. With the exception of Gabbert, I'd be happy to add any of these guys to my fantasy squad. The middle picks 1.05 - 1.09 will be solid if these WRs end up in decent situations. If just two of Baldwin, Smith, Young and Hankerson go to places where they have a decent shot at playing, the middle of the first round is solid.