Michael Crabtree Vs. Dez Bryant

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who will have a better career?

Michael Crabtree
64%
Dez Bryant
36%

Total votes: 56

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I voted for Crabtree. Bryant has "stud" written all over him though. Like Kris just said, Crabtree has shown he has the drive and determination to be great, and that has to go a ways in all of our evaluations. Both are potentialy top end WRs, but Bryant has yet to play, so how he responds will go a long way in making a proper evaluation. I really like both of these guys, and based on our discussion, we all seem to be high on both. It will be fun to watch these guys play in the future, just as it was when they were in college. They will both be special IMO.

AL DAVISisGOD
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AL DAVISisGOD » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 pm

BradyT, you obviously have either watched to much BSPN, haven't seen Al's credentials ,or are just a complete moron. ( Ill bet the ladder ) Let me enlighten you

Pro Football Hall of Fame
3 Super Bowl Wins
4 AFC Championships and an AFL title
Served as an Owner, Commissioner,GM, and Coach in the AFL and NFL

He just put together a great off season through the draft, trade , and free agency. The Oakland Raiders are on the rise friends and the man making that happen is Al Davis. The last 7 years shouldn't tarnish a great legacy, the Raiders are back.
Win Lose or Tie Raiders till I Die

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 pm

AL DAVISisGOD wrote:BradyT, you obviously have either watched to much BSPN, haven't seen Al's credentials ,or are just a complete moron. ( Ill bet the ladder ) Let me enlighten you

3 Super Bowl Wins

He just put together a great off season through the draft, trade , and free agency. The Oakland Raiders are on the rise friends and the man making that happen is Al Davis. The last 7 years shouldn't tarnish a great legacy, the Raiders are back.
Hmmmm...and its "latter" :roll:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:48 pm

AL DAVISisGOD wrote: He just put together a great off season through the draft, trade , and free agency. The Oakland Raiders are on the rise friends and the man making that happen is Al Davis. The last 7 years shouldn't tarnish a great legacy, the Raiders are back.
On the contrary, the absolute shambles that Davis has brought them to over those 7 years did exactly that. His legacy is well known. It also just about lost its relevance in the early 1980's. The brief resurgence early this decade has been followed by an embarrassing run. Davis has tried to hang around too long to get that one last shot. But he already had it and fell short in 2002. It's time to hang 'em up.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 pm

AL DAVISisGOD wrote:BradyT, you obviously have either watched to much BSPN, haven't seen Al's credentials ,or are just a complete moron. ( Ill bet the ladder ) Let me enlighten you

3 Super Bowl Wins

Spoken like a true Raider fan. One off season doesn't = they're back. Oakland has failed horribly in nearly every personnel decision since that SB appearance. They still lack the talent to compete in the AFC. I would say they finally took a step in the right direction but having traded next years #1 for Seymour doesn't help in the rebuild process.

AL DAVISisGOD
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AL DAVISisGOD » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:53 pm

I believe the Seymour trade helped change the losing culture, so I in fact believe it was a good trade. Al is not popular with main stream media, thus main stream fans all hear the raider bashing and jump on the band wagon. Seems like rarely do people have original thoughts about Al and the Oakland Raiders. How is the AFC West not winnable? The broncos have lost there 2 best players in the last 2 years, the Chiefs are still rebuilding, and the Chargers aren't some juggernaut especially with the holdout talks. I believe that saying the Raiders win the AFC West isn't that unreasonable of a statement.

AL DAVISisGOD
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AL DAVISisGOD » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 pm

and yes I made a typo

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:02 pm

I couldn't bring myself to read everything that has been posted, but I'm
not sure why everyone knocks dez becsuse he hasnt plsyed pro ball yet. Hes no different, or extremely better than crabtree was at this point last year. Crabtree ended up getting in to camp and have a very mediocre year. Not really sure how that puts him ahead of dez.

I read a couple comments about guys like robiskie being more of a known, and I can't believe that you are serious ?

I'm just not sure how you knock dez and promote crabs, based on NFL experience?

And to be clear , I think crabtree is the better of the two, and voted that way
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:34 am

tra151 wrote:I couldn't bring myself to read everything that has been posted, but I'm
not sure why everyone knocks dez becsuse he hasnt plsyed pro ball yet. Hes no different, or extremely better than crabtree was at this point last year. Crabtree ended up getting in to camp and have a very mediocre year. Not really sure how that puts him ahead of dez.

I read a couple comments about guys like robiskie being more of a known, and I can't believe that you are serious ?

That's why you shouldn't really comment without reading everything. You are likely to not get the context of what is being said.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 am

3 Super Bowl Wins

Stay classy friend and btw..being a tool doesn't excuse poor spelling or sports channels that don't exist.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 am

Pilate wrote:

3 Super Bowl Wins

Stay classy friend and btw..being a tool doesn't excuse poor spelling or sports channels that don't exist.
Yeah, I can't excuse those as typos. The E and the B are not really close together. The D and the T are somewhat close, but when you are trying to show that someone else is an idiot looking like one yourself by not checking your spelling is about as dumb as it gets.

See buddy, we're pretty cool around here until someone starts acting like a jackass for no reason. Don't f**k with us.

lemmi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby lemmi » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am

brice587 wrote:
Pilate wrote:

3 Super Bowl Wins

Yeah, I can't excuse those as typos. The E and the B are not really close together. The D and the T are somewhat close, but when you are trying to show that someone else is an idiot looking like one yourself by not checking your spelling is about as dumb as it gets.

See buddy, we're pretty cool around here until someone starts acting like a jackass for no reason. Don't f**k with us.
I'm guessing he means BullS**tPN.

As for the other comment - that just comes across as douchy

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:47 am

3 Super Bowl Wins

Please keep it respectful at all times...

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 am

AL DAVISisGOD wrote:I believe the Seymour trade helped change the losing culture, so I in fact believe it was a good trade. Al is not popular with main stream media, thus main stream fans all hear the raider bashing and jump on the band wagon. Seems like rarely do people have original thoughts about Al and the Oakland Raiders. How is the AFC West not winnable? The broncos have lost there 2 best players in the last 2 years, the Chiefs are still rebuilding, and the Chargers aren't some juggernaut especially with the holdout talks. I believe that saying the Raiders win the AFC West isn't that unreasonable of a statement.

Because the raiders leadership has been TERRRRRRRRRRIBLE. They have great players, and great talent but thats nothing without leadership...thats everything in football....Denver has it, San Diego has it...I like Jason Campbell more than most, but the coaching staff, and Al Davis do NOT HAVE IT - not anymore. That makes a huge difference.

Thats not mainstream thats CLEAR AS DAY regardless of where you're from, and what you have seen or heard.

And if you're going to come at somebody...please at least spell correctly :lol:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 am

tra151 wrote:I couldn't bring myself to read everything that has been posted, but I'm

Nobody questions Dez's talent

You question how he acclimates himself to his situation....will he or does he work extra hard? Does he or will he communicate well with the coaches? Romo? Does he and/or will he follow directions?

NOBODY knows the answer to these questions when it comes to Dez....therefore nobody can say for sure that Bryant will DEFINITELY be successful....we know the answer to these questions when it comes to Crabtree's situation so we can at least make projections based on those observations.