2023 Week 4

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
81-
Captain
Captain

Re: 2024 Week 4

Postby 81- » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:42 am

abloom wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:18 am
81- wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:38 pm I don't even know who to start at wr any more
Dell.

The rest of your guys are volatile guys.
Exactly. Even Dell is a question mark. There is no consistency
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:02 pm

81- wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:42 am
81- wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:38 pm I don't even know who to start at wr any more
Dell.

The WR position is volatile, in general.

I'd personally just embrace the volatility and start Watson, Dell, Sutton

Higgins ain't right and it's just really tough to start Zach Wilson's weapons even if Wilson is a beast

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:42 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:31 am
Two Cents wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:39 am Not to compare Doubs to Adams.....but I think most people are forgetting that in GB Adams never averaged more than 13 ypc. He was always around 12 ypc. Doubs is currently at 11 ypc so not much difference there. As long as Doubs establishes himself as the go to guy that can be relied on consistently then I don't think he is coming off of the field. Its easier for a player like Reed to get 60-70% of the snaps to flourish in a complimentary role and be more explosive. It seems to be what he is meant for. That doesn't mean he would flourish in a main role getting 90% of the snaps where consistency is more important. Doubs is the player to own here. I would personally trade Watson for Doubs+ if I had the chance to take advantage.
Adams YPC is pointless because he was so good at demanding targets. Adams was an elite receiver in terms of YPRR making this a false equivalency.
It’s not at all a false equivalency. The two years prior to Adams big breakout he had a combined 160 targets - 88 receptions - 930 yards and 4 TDs averaging less than 10 yards per catch. To call it false, would be to deny the possibility of Doubs could become based on what we’ve seen. But last I checked Doubs led the Packers in targets, so it’s possible he becomes the target hog. How do we know that he himself won’t become good enough to command targets?

This is our first year of Jordan Love. IMO give me the guys that Love is targeting most and developing the most rapport with. Even with Watson back the targets were

Doubs - 13
Reed - 5
Watson - 4

My end point is Adams wasn’t elite…..until he was. The potential with Doubs to command targets is there. Averaging 8 targets per game is evidence of that.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:42 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:39 am Not to compare Doubs to Adams.....but I think most people are forgetting that in GB Adams never averaged more than 13 ypc. He was always around 12 ypc. Doubs is currently at 11 ypc so not much difference there. As long as Doubs establishes himself as the go to guy that can be relied on consistently then I don't think he is coming off of the field. Its easier for a player like Reed to get 60-70% of the snaps to flourish in a complimentary role and be more explosive. It seems to be what he is meant for. That doesn't mean he would flourish in a main role getting 90% of the snaps where consistency is more important. Doubs is the player to own here. I would personally trade Watson for Doubs+ if I had the chance to take advantage.
Adams YPC is pointless because he was so good at demanding targets. Adams was an elite receiver in terms of YPRR making this a false equivalency.
It’s not at all a false equivalency. The two years prior to Adams big breakout he had a combined 160 targets - 88 receptions - 930 yards and 4 TDs averaging less than 10 yards per catch. To call it false, would be to deny the possibility of Doubs could become based on what we’ve seen. But last I checked Doubs led the Packers in targets, so it’s possible he becomes the target hog. How do we know that he himself won’t become good enough to command targets?

This is our first year of Jordan Love. IMO give me the guys that Love is targeting most and developing the most rapport with. Even with Watson back the targets were

Doubs - 13
Reed - 5
Watson - 4

My end point is Adams wasn’t elite…..until he was. The potential with Doubs to command targets is there. Averaging 8 targets per game is evidence of that.
Adams' career arc is about as big of an outlier as you can get from a 2nd round rookie pick and he was competing for targets with 2 veteran 1,200+ yard receivers. Other than the fact that they were both inefficient and they're in GB I don't see any parallels. Adams was never the main target during his first 2 years.

Watson was on a pitch count and hasn't practiced with Love for several weeks now.. we'll see how the target share shakes out but I'd strongly lean on Doubs' target share going down as Watson is eased back into the offense and Jayde Reed becomes more acclimated.

Maybe Doubs proves to be Love's #1 and develops into an elite WR like Adams did.. but I think we're still very, very far from that being a realistic outcome.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Doubs - 13
Reed - 5
Watson - 4

Different QB, different WR, different HC and system - but hey, the uniforms are the same so yep, expect the same outcome.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:22 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:02 pm
81- wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:42 am

Dell.

The WR position is volatile, in general.

I'd personally just embrace the volatility and start Watson, Dell, Sutton

Higgins ain't right and it's just really tough to start Zach Wilson's weapons even if Wilson is a beast
Agree on Wilson
Higgins has always been up and down but mostly with a decent floor

Hopefully the trade market can help. A team is about to drop to 0-4 and has quality starters in aj brown, chase and d Smith. I'd love to grab brown.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:48 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Doubs - 13
Reed - 5
Watson - 4

Different QB, different WR, different HC and system - but hey, the uniforms are the same so yep, expect the same outcome.
Not about expecting the same outcome. My point is that we credited Adams for being elite in regards to commanding a large volume of targets. It would only make sense to credit others who are showing potential to command a large volume of targets, especially coming from a QB looking to establish himself as a franchise QB. Over 20 targets in 2 games to me signals that there’s chemistry and trust between Love and Doubs. You can’t discredit the possibility just because it hasnt been established as a long-standing pattern yet.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:15 am

AOC expected to start. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:39 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:15 am AOC expected to start. Looking forward to seeing how he does.
So how does that effect Meyers & Adams ?

More reliance on Jacobs and running game (until they fall way behind ) or try to go toe-to-toe w/ Herbert & the Chargers ?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:51 am

Claypool a healthy scratch lol

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:45 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:15 am AOC expected to start. Looking forward to seeing how he does.
:lol:

I’ve got Wilson throwing to Wilson, a damaged Carr throwing to Shaheed, and now AOC throwing to Meyers.

Where’s that bottle of bourbon?

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 am

The Toy Story simulcast might be even dumber than the entire international series ... do they really think kids are going to watch a 3 hour game with penalties & 2 yard gains even if it's in cartoon format?

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:04 am

Two Cents wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:48 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:18 pm

Doubs - 13
Reed - 5
Watson - 4

Not about expecting the same outcome. My point is that we credited Adams for being elite in regards to commanding a large volume of targets. It would only make sense to credit others who are showing potential to command a large volume of targets, especially coming from a QB looking to establish himself as a franchise QB. Over 20 targets in 2 games to me signals that there’s chemistry and trust between Love and Doubs. You can’t discredit the possibility just because it hasnt been established as a long-standing pattern yet.
I never like to completely discredit the possibility of a surprise breakout. But, there have been plenty of instances where a guy gets targets because of situation and not talent. What does Doubs bring to the table besides situation? I’m not being snarky. Legitimately asking.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:05 am

Lol a designed throw to Bijan in the flat and Ridder not only doesn’t make the throw, but then he holds on too long and takes a sack. Horrendous. Heinicke has to be coming soon here. Maybe in this game.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:05 pm

Doubs - 13
Reed - 5
Watson - 4

Adams' career arc is about as big of an outlier as you can get from a 2nd round rookie pick and he was competing for targets with 2 veteran 1,200+ yard receivers. Other than the fact that they were both inefficient and they're in GB I don't see any parallels. Adams was never the main target during his first 2 years.

Watson was on a pitch count and hasn't practiced with Love for several weeks now.. we'll see how the target share shakes out but I'd strongly lean on Doubs' target share going down as Watson is eased back into the offense and Jayde Reed becomes more acclimated.

Maybe Doubs proves to be Love's #1 and develops into an elite WR like Adams did.. but I think we're still very, very far from that being a realistic outcome.
I’m hoping for a similar situation with JSN if he starts slow. Very similar situation with a couple great wrs in front of him.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5