2023 Week 4

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: 2024 Week 4

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:15 am

I'm not sure how I feel about this new "Defensive Shuffle" that Parsons, Garrett, and Hutchinson are now doing. It's funny and throws the whole offensive line off, but how long until the NFL squashes the fun?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1701254018943578444

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 am

I do not get GB’s scheming with Reed at all. The past 2 games he was not involved in the offense at all in the first half. But then when they get behind and need to start moving the ball he gets incorporated in the O and GB starts posting points. I know it’s not all due to Reed, but that offense looks a lot more dynamic when he’s contributing.

Yes, I am a Reed owner.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:13 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 am I do not get GB’s scheming with Reed at all. The past 2 games he was not involved in the offense at all in the first half. But then when they get behind and need to start moving the ball he gets incorporated in the O and GB starts posting points. I know it’s not all due to Reed, but that offense looks a lot more dynamic when he’s contributing.

Yes, I am a Reed owner.
Agreed, and fellow Reed owner just about everywhere. I think he's showing that he can play in the league, but it will be interesting to see what his rookie production looks like when the dust clears. Seems like a foregone conclusion that Watson is the #1, but I'm still waiting to see what shakes out between Reed and Doubs. Doubs likely has the edge currently due to experience, but I don't think it's settled between those two WR's.

Also, thanks Kurtrambis1 for the update about last night's game. I also figured Detroit wasn't passing much since LaPorta was pretty involved early, but then blanked in the 2nd-half. I was hoping to see more fantasy points out of him when I got home, but no dice. Still, anyone who drafted him has to be happy with how he's shown-out thus far. Looks like a TE hit!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:41 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:55 am I do not get GB’s scheming with Reed at all. The past 2 games he was not involved in the offense at all in the first half. But then when they get behind and need to start moving the ball he gets incorporated in the O and GB starts posting points. I know it’s not all due to Reed, but that offense looks a lot more dynamic when he’s contributing.

Yes, I am a Reed owner.
Reed is a swiss army knife who can win all over the field. They need to use him more, not just in 3 WR sets or in the 2nd half. I think he's more versatile than Doubs and makes a great compliment to Watson. Add in Musgrave and this is a promising young offense.

Also a Reed owner :D

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:55 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:15 am I'm not sure how I feel about this new "Defensive Shuffle" that Parsons, Garrett, and Hutchinson are now doing. It's funny and throws the whole offensive line off, but how long until the NFL squashes the fun?

What do you mean in terms of the NFL squashing the fun?

What would you imagine they do?

I’m not trying to be snarky, I legitimately don’t know all the rules, but defensive players are allowed to pretty much move around any way they wish, as much as they want, as long as they avoid encroachment obviously, correct?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:57 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:55 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:15 am I'm not sure how I feel about this new "Defensive Shuffle" that Parsons, Garrett, and Hutchinson are now doing. It's funny and throws the whole offensive line off, but how long until the NFL squashes the fun?

I’m not trying to be snarky, I legitimately don’t know all the rules, but defensive players are allowed to pretty much move around any way they wish, as much as they want, as long as they avoid encroachment obviously, correct?
Yeah I loved the old Ravens defenses that would all stand on the line and move around pre snap. Its surprising more defenses dont do it to throw off the opposing QB

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:29 pm

Jamo suspension reduced to 4 games. Eligible to play next week.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:57 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:55 am

Yeah I loved the old Ravens defenses that would all stand on the line and move around pre snap. Its surprising more defenses dont do it to throw off the opposing QB

I don't know all the rules either which is why I brought it up. It seems like it's causing a disadvantage for the offensive line in that they can't even move a hair, but the constant twitchery of the defense is allowed. I suppose the offense just needs to have better snap counts to get encroachment called. It just seems like an odd thing that the NFL would try to negate somehow.

Side note: Was it discussed about the running flyer coming in on the FG block?
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1 ... ?rdt=45874
Surprised we aren't seeing this more.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:38 pm

I don't even know who to start at wr any more
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:37 pm

81- wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:38 pm I don't even know who to start at wr/rb/te/qb any more
FTFY

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:27 pm

81- wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:38 pm I don't even know who to start at wr any more
Always start your studs. We live and die on the top players we drafted, traded for, and got off the WW. Take a chance on one or two players, but always start your guys. I have Henry, Jacobs, Kamara, and Ford and I'm starting Henry and Jacobs. Sucks, I'm worried, but that's what I'm doing.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:18 am

81- wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:38 pm I don't even know who to start at wr any more
Dell.

The rest of your guys are volatile guys.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:31 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:41 am

Yes, I am a Reed owner.
Reed is a swiss army knife who can win all over the field. They need to use him more, not just in 3 WR sets or in the 2nd half. I think he's more versatile than Doubs and makes a great compliment to Watson. Add in Musgrave and this is a promising young offense.

Also a Reed owner :D
Doubs seems to be entrenched as the de facto starter but he's posted pretty mediocre YPRR, just like he did his rookie year.

The offense doesn't just look better when Reed's on the field he's also been much more efficient than Doubs on a per route basis; averaging 2.06 YPRR (28th) vs Doubs 1.52 (52nd)

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:39 am

Not to compare Doubs to Adams.....but I think most people are forgetting that in GB Adams never averaged more than 13 ypc. He was always around 12 ypc. Doubs is currently at 11 ypc so not much difference there. As long as Doubs establishes himself as the go to guy that can be relied on consistently then I don't think he is coming off of the field. Its easier for a player like Reed to get 60-70% of the snaps to flourish in a complimentary role and be more explosive. It seems to be what he is meant for. That doesn't mean he would flourish in a main role getting 90% of the snaps where consistency is more important. Doubs is the player to own here. I would personally trade Watson for Doubs+ if I had the chance to take advantage.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:31 am

Two Cents wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:39 am Not to compare Doubs to Adams.....but I think most people are forgetting that in GB Adams never averaged more than 13 ypc. He was always around 12 ypc. Doubs is currently at 11 ypc so not much difference there. As long as Doubs establishes himself as the go to guy that can be relied on consistently then I don't think he is coming off of the field. Its easier for a player like Reed to get 60-70% of the snaps to flourish in a complimentary role and be more explosive. It seems to be what he is meant for. That doesn't mean he would flourish in a main role getting 90% of the snaps where consistency is more important. Doubs is the player to own here. I would personally trade Watson for Doubs+ if I had the chance to take advantage.
Adams YPC is pointless because he was so good at demanding targets. Adams was an elite receiver in terms of YPRR making this a false equivalency.

I do agree that it's unlikely GB makes a change at this point.. but I disagree that he should be starting over Reed and long term I believe Doubs drops into the WR3 role he'll excel in.