Share your deal for the 1.01

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Missile
Captain
Captain

Re: Share your deal for the 1.01

Postby Missile » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

HawkeyeState wrote:
If your doing the right film scouting with the right metric analysis with the right historical odds you will hit WAY more often than you will miss on rookie picks.
Also, the warning signs were all over TRich and nobody had the balls to sell after year 1 when he was worth a fortune and a half. He was good in year 1 and was viewed as the #1 dynasty player.
Patterson in almost every rookie draft was not the 1.01 and even with his size speed athleticism, any 1/2 sane person would have seen the red flags with college production lagging as well as polish.
There are exceptions to every rule and methodology, but your 2 examples don't really work with what your trying to say IMO.
Like I said, the right mixture of analysis and listening to the right people in the fantasy community equates to hitting a TON more often than you miss with rookie picks.
I was just naming 2 players off the cuff from recent memory that were consensus top 5 picks. I don't think everyone puts in the same effort as you do and in my 2 examples there were plenty of people who missed on them. CP didn't go later than 3rd in all of my leagues. I just need more than picks when trading a stud.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:25 am

mtregoli wrote:I gave AJ Green + Diggs for 1.01, 2.01 & 2017 1st & 2nd (likely to be fairly high 2017 picks considering he finished last in 2015 and he has Megatron retiring. May have overpaid a bit but I'm rebuilding and already own 1.02
I like your idea but don't like the return and should have got more, or kept Diggs. You're rebuilding, why not keep him? I would have traded Green for 1.01 and 2017 1st. Also, and i've seen it before, but owners get in the trap of trying to lock up picks together. I like that you went out to get the top 2, but you can't factor that aspect in making a deal. Meaning don't sell for less just to get that 2nd pick together, it has nothing to do with the deal.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

LaFleur42
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LaFleur42 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:20 pm

I gave picks 1.06 and 1.09 for the 1.01.
Too many to list...

joshnco
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joshnco » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:46 pm

HawkeyeState wrote:
mtregoli wrote:I gave AJ Green + Diggs for 1.01, 2.01 & 2017 1st & 2nd (likely to be fairly high 2017 picks considering he finished last in 2015 and he has Megatron retiring. May have overpaid a bit but I'm rebuilding and already own 1.02
I like this deal a lot.
Your rebuilding you said so you load up with the 2 top players in this years class with the now 1.01 and 1.02
You get another solid player at 2.01
And even if the 17 1st is only 1.05 your getting a top 5 player in next years class and based off the little info you gave theres a decent chance the 2017 pick is 1.01
THAT is how you rebuild. Sell of the stud that can bring big market value and get them young guys.
Sure it sucks to trade away AJG, but by the time your squad is ready to compete AJG will probably be 30 or older and have NO market value in a trade and there's a fair chance he won't be producing at the same levels he is now.
Love it.
"Lose a deal" on the surface and then watch the value come swinging back in your favor in 12 months when everyone else catches up
Checking out the forum and believe I am the one he traded with. Its little off as I gave him the 2016 3.01...NOT the 2.01. I also believe I am a contender in 2016 but will let you guys be the judge...main assets are as follows in PPR:
Luck (6pt passing TD no negative for INT or Fumbles)
Abdullah (rb heavy. 2 per carry)
Duke
DeMarco Murray
Ryan Matthews
Sproles
Woodhead
Karlos Williams
McKinnon
AJ Green
Djax
Golden Tate
Calvin (is he going to retire?)
Lockett
Rueben Randle
Jimmy Graham
Eifert
1.13 (won toilet bowl)

Am I a contender??? I think the trade was even but I flipped the 1.03/Diggs/Bridgewater for Luck/McKinnon
14 Team PPR Dynasty - Red Dynasty 2nd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, DSP 1.5PPR TE's

10 Team PPR Dynasty - Chosen Ones 3rd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, K, D

2013 Champs; 2012 Runner-up **BEST DYNASTY TEAM OF ALL-TIME!! Well, its' a 10 teamer :)

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:59 pm

LaFleur42 wrote:I gave picks 1.06 and 1.09 for the 1.01.
This and other posts in this thread make me wonder - "Who are these people and glad they not in my leagues"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:00 pm

joshnco wrote:
HawkeyeState wrote:
I like this deal a lot.
Your rebuilding you said so you load up with the 2 top players in this years class with the now 1.01 and 1.02
You get another solid player at 2.01
And even if the 17 1st is only 1.05 your getting a top 5 player in next years class and based off the little info you gave theres a decent chance the 2017 pick is 1.01
THAT is how you rebuild. Sell of the stud that can bring big market value and get them young guys.
Sure it sucks to trade away AJG, but by the time your squad is ready to compete AJG will probably be 30 or older and have NO market value in a trade and there's a fair chance he won't be producing at the same levels he is now.
Love it.
"Lose a deal" on the surface and then watch the value come swinging back in your favor in 12 months when everyone else catches up
Checking out the forum and believe I am the one he traded with. Its little off as I gave him the 2016 3.01...NOT the 2.01. I also believe I am a contender in 2016 but will let you guys be the judge...main assets are as follows in PPR:
Luck (6pt passing TD no negative for INT or Fumbles)
Abdullah (rb heavy. 2 per carry)
Duke
DeMarco Murray
Ryan Matthews
Sproles
Woodhead
Karlos Williams
McKinnon
AJ Green
Djax
Golden Tate
Calvin (is he going to retire?)
Lockett
Rueben Randle
Jimmy Graham
Eifert
1.13 (won toilet bowl)

Am I a contender??? I think the trade was even but I flipped the 1.03/Diggs/Bridgewater for Luck/McKinnon
If this is true and the 3.1 was traded as opposed to the 2.1 then mtregoli doesn't believe in the deal if he had to spice it up with misinformation :liar:
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:24 am

It's not a direct value for 1.1 but I was offered 1.3/Eifert for 1.1/Diggs.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa, Maye, Minshew, Rattler, Garopollo, Winston, Dobbs, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Corum, M Lloyd, Ford, Spiller, Tucker, Sermon, Schrader
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Harrison Jr, R Rice, Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, Cowing
TE: McBride, Engram, Kraft, Otton

2023 Champ
2025 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd 3rd

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 am

I traded Keenan Allen for this year's 1.1 and the same team's 2017 1st