Carlos Hyde with Chip Kelly

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Carlos Hyde with Chip Kelly

Postby doktor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

I bought Hyde last year for Forte straight up; from a team still in contention when I wasn't. I couldn't be any happier with that move, and the Kelly hire has only made me more excited for Hyde's prospects.

What you watched him do at Ohio State - that was a lot of shotgun/pistol formations and running out of the deep backfield. Hyde has some game and agility to him, surprising for his size and power. I think he's going to fit very well with Kelly. I also think if you can get him for almost nothing, Kaep is a great buy right now for the same reason.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:51 am

Love the Forte trade for you. Great timing. Nice to be aware of your team, where you are at, and at the same time / help a team in contention. It's really a win win type deal for you and your trade partner at that time. Agree about the shot gun / pistol formations. I'm cautiously optimistic as Hyde owner. Just hope he can stay healthy so we can actually get an accurate bit of information on him in the NFL. I only own him on one of my 6 teams though, so I'm not "all in" or anything. I do have a share in Kaep in our HOF league. Having him bounce back to his fantasy relevant production would be huge. Chip Kelly could actually be the best thing that has ever happened to Kaep.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:54 am

I just think Hyde is a total wild card this off season. Throwing out injury, the possibilities range from getting benched/scaled back ala Demarco Murray to getting traded (Lesean McCoy) to being mired in a 3 way committee, to being a primary RB behind a bad line in a below avg offense to blowing up for 1,500 total yards. All of these are possible outcomes that we've seen in the last few years from Chip Kelly RBs... Well except for the 1,500 yard production but success has to be a possibility right? I just can't shake the fact that i feel a negative outcome is more likely than a positive outcome given recent history. Lets not forget we've seen Chip Kelly make two all pro RBs look pretty pedestrian in McCoy and Murray. Honestly unless Hyde's price was so low i couldnt pass (which won't happen) I'm probably letting somebody else deal with it.

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:52 pm

I traded Cobb and a projected late 2017 for breshad perriman and hyde the other day.
I am pretty stacked at wr and am a risk taker, plus my league over values rbs . I'm quite happy about the deal.
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:19 pm

cucamonga wrote:I traded Cobb and a projected late 2017 for breshad perriman and hyde the other day.
I am pretty stacked at wr and am a risk taker, plus my league over values rbs . I'm quite happy about the deal.
IMO if you gave up Randall Cobb then you likely lost - if it was David Cobb than HUGE win for you.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah I hope that's David and not Randall. That's a very bad deal if that is not the case.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:54 pm

dynastyninja wrote:Yeah I hope that's David and not Randall. That's a very bad deal if that is not the case.
lol, nobody is going to trade Perriman and Hyde for David Cobb and a future 1st.

Randal Cobb proved he can't carry a passing game this year. I have no issue with somebody trading Randall Cobb and a future first for Perriman and Hyde. I know Hyde has talent and I believe Perriman does as well. He might have gotten 2 starters for a WR who took a substantial value hit this season and what he says should be a late 1st a year from now. Granted it comes down to player preference as to which side you like but to make it sound like its a crazy deal if it was R. Cobb is just embellishing imo.

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:47 am

cucamonga wrote:I traded Cobb and a projected late 2017 for breshad perriman and hyde the other day.
Late 2017 2nd and Randall Cobb.
Cobb 2014 season seriously inflated his value.
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:45 am

cucamonga wrote:
Late 2017 2nd and Randall Cobb.
Cobb 2014 season seriously inflated his value.
Defend it how you want, that's not a good deal

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:00 am

Doesn't it seem like a no-brainer that Chip will bring back Bush on a cheap deal? He would fit the Sproles role nicely. If not Bush I would expect a pass-catching scat back to be signed or drafted before the season starts so assessing the current 49er RB's may be futile.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:21 am

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:Doesn't it seem like a no-brainer that Chip will bring back Bush on a cheap deal? He would fit the Sproles role nicely. If not Bush I would expect a pass-catching scat back to be signed or drafted before the season starts so assessing the current 49er RB's may be futile.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Davis play that role.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:27 am

PhadedCN wrote:
Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:Doesn't it seem like a no-brainer that Chip will bring back Bush on a cheap deal? He would fit the Sproles role nicely. If not Bush I would expect a pass-catching scat back to be signed or drafted before the season starts so assessing the current 49er RB's may be futile.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Davis play that role.
i agree. i think this tome next year mike davis is =/> value as hyde
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:45 am

I know a lot of people are enamored with Mike Davis but he did not look good last year and imo he was average in college too. I'm not sure what people are basing their opinions on.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:58 am

Darkness wrote:I know a lot of people are enamored with Mike Davis but he did not look good last year and imo he was average in college too. I'm not sure what people are basing their opinions on.
Aside from one game, Hyde has not looked good either.

For the record, I'm not saying Davis is the main back - I'm saying he's the passing down back.

All in all, its a backfield I will avoid like the plague.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:05 pm

Darkness wrote:I know a lot of people are enamored with Mike Davis but he did not look good last year and imo he was average in college too. I'm not sure what people are basing their opinions on.
ok then in fair turn what exactly are ppl basing their enamoration (is that a word?) on hyde on? he had a great week 1 sure but week 1 is such a crapshoot. outside of that game hes done pretty much nothing but ppl are elevating him fr some reason? it works both ways.

i am also staying away from this backfield as much as possible but if someone said i had to have a 49er rb, i am going mike davis cause at least i can get him at a cheap price and gamble
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter