Allen Robinson - The Forgotten Stud?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Allen Robinson?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:33 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
Another thing I don't like? 12 targets - 6 receptions. Converting 50% of targets to receptions? Yuck.
Or what about his 1 reception on 7 targets in week 1?
That means he is rolling with 7 receptions off of 19 targets in 2 games.
I don't like it, but I would have to break down every target to be officially worried about it because Blake Bortles isn't very good yet. They could have all been horrible throws for all we know.

edit: Also, a lot of people were questioning if Arob had the ability to make the big plays. He finally showed that he's capable of it.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:02 pm

I watched the whole 2nd half, Robinson's disappearance was all on Bortles. He wasn't targeting him much at all and when he was it was on scrambles and throw aways.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Telperion wrote:I watched the whole 2nd half, Robinson's disappearance was all on Bortles. He wasn't targeting him much at all and when he was it was on scrambles and throw aways.
Thanks, appreciate the context.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Telperion wrote:I watched the whole 2nd half, Robinson's disappearance was all on Bortles. He wasn't targeting him much at all and when he was it was on scrambles and throw aways.
4 targets (half as many as the 1st where he got 8) and an offensive pass interference call that was called back.. he struggled to get open the entire second half because the Dolphins adjusted at halftime to take ARob out of the game and coincidentally they did just that.

Saying it was "all on Bortles" is an exaggeration and just trying to place the blame elsewhere. Not saying Bortles is good, but saying "all on Bortles" for ARob's disappearance in the second half is misguided. ARob couldn't have had the first half he did without Bortles either.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:41 pm

PhadedCN wrote:
4 targets (half as many as the 1st where he got 8) and an offensive pass interference call that was called back.. he struggled to get open the entire second half because the Dolphins adjusted at halftime to take ARob out of the game and coincidentally they did just that.

Saying it was "all on Bortles" is an exaggeration and just trying to place the blame elsewhere. Not saying Bortles is good, but saying "all on Bortles" for ARob's disappearance in the second half is misguided. ARob couldn't have had the first half he did without Bortles either.
Did you watch the game or are you just looking at statistics? Legitimate question.

Bortles wasn't even looking his way most of the second half.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Telperion wrote:
PhadedCN wrote:

Did you watch the game or are you just looking at statistics? Legitimate question.

Bortles wasn't even looking his way most of the second half.
He has to be just looking at stats.

(10:28) 5-B.Bortles pass deep right to 15-A.Robinson to JAC 37 for 17 yards (21-B.Grimes). PENALTY on JAC-15-A.Robinson, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at JAC 20 - No Play.

That offensive pass interference call was the worst call I've seen to this season. The ref saw the DB fall down and thought ARob pushed off to cause it. The replay showed the DB slipped on his own and ARob never touched him.

Later in the half, there was another play that would have been a catch for 20 years that T.J. Yeldon (yes, the Jaguars T.J. Yeldon) broke up by thinking the pass was intended for him.

I realize that neither of those two plays count in fantasy or in the statbook, but if you're going to downplay his stats based on his 2nd half numbers, then those plays where he got open but got screwed should at the very least be considered.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote: Later in the half, there was another play that would have been a catch for 20 years that T.J. Yeldon (yes, the Jaguars T.J. Yeldon) broke up by thinking the pass was intended for him.
OMG I saw that play! Stupid Yeldon tackled ARob right when he caught the ball!!! I completely forgot about that. God I hate Yeldon...

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:32 am

I don't care if the numbers he put up were over half of a quarter. We don't get points based on averages, we get raw score points. That was one beefy stat line.

To the comments about the staff at DLF and our opinions, they are just that, opinions. A lot of us feel very differently about many guys, and Arob is one guy that just happens to be polarizing for some. I'm sure Nick will be taking this weekend's performance into account in his future evaluations. Heck, I may look like an idiot at some point for my belief in Freeman, but I just feel a little differently about him than most. How useful would this site be if we had only a single, group-think opinion on each player?
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:32 am

dlf_ryanf wrote:I don't care if the numbers he put up were over half of a quarter. We don't get points based on averages, we get raw score points. That was one beefy stat line.

To the comments about the staff at DLF and our opinions, they are just that, opinions. A lot of us feel very differently about many guys, and Arob is one guy that just happens to be polarizing for some. I'm sure Nick will be taking this weekend's performance into account in his future evaluations. Heck, I may look like an idiot at some point for my belief in Freeman, but I just feel a little differently about him than most. How useful would this site be if we had only a single, group-think opinion on each player?
Answer: The site would be more useful if there was a single, group-think opinion that Robinson had higher than a low-end WR 2 ceiling. I don't see how a writer trying hard to convince his readers and vulnerable new dynasty players that Robinson is an overrated asset and has such a limited ceiling is beneficial.

Oh, and what good would this forum be if readers weren't allowed to post their thoughts on the writer's opinions?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:40 am

dlf_ryanf wrote:I don't care if the numbers he put up were over half of a quarter. We don't get points based on averages, we get raw score points. That was one beefy stat line.

I'm guessing the initial post on the first page comparing Robinson to Hawkins and Hurns wasn't exactly the best way to start things

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Answer: The site would be more useful if there was a single, group-think opinion that Robinson had higher than a low-end WR 2 ceiling. I don't see how a writer trying hard to convince his readers and vulnerable new dynasty players that Robinson is an overrated asset and has such a limited ceiling is beneficial.

Oh, and what good would this forum be if readers weren't allowed to post their thoughts on the writer's opinions?
Did you go this ape when all the writers had Trent Richardson in the top ten?

RichDynastyFB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RichDynastyFB » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:28 pm

I drafted Arob at 2.06 last year and was ecstatic to get him there. Was perfectly content this year to ride him as my WR3 behind Dez and Jordy. Well, that plan not working out 2 well for obvious reasons. Now Jordy and Dez sitting on IR, and waiting for next year. Still wouldn't move ARob for anything less than 1.3-1.5 or an elite receiver (already have Gronk). So yes, I can see that valuation, and I do believe he will become an elite receiver as the Jags as a whole evolve into a better team.
10 Team-1 PPR -1 pt/10 yd rush/rec-4 pt pass TD-6 pt Rush TD-2 pt/tackle-6 pt/sack-8 pt Int.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3WR, 1-2 TE, 1PK, 2 DT/DE, 2LB, 2 CB/S

2014 League Champion

QB Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
RB Le'Veon Bell, Justin Forsett, Giovanni Bernard, Theo Riddick
WR Keenan Allen, Jordy Nelson, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Dontae Moncrief, Marqise Lee,Davante Adams, Brandon LaFell, Allen Hurns, Kenny Stills
TE Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen, Delanie Walker
PK Mason Crosby
DE Jurrell Casey, Fletcher Cox
LB Lavonte David, Chris Borland
CB/S Kemal Ismael, H Smith,Robert Blanton, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Did you go this ape when all the writers had Trent Richardson in the top ten?
Is this question suppose to be rhetorical? I'm struggling to find a connection one can make between Trent Richardson and Allen Robinson.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:26 pm

You're going ape over what you perceive to be a writer being wrong about a ranking. Just curious if you were similarly upset when they were all wrong about Richardson. Both players were in rankings, so there's the connection.

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:You're going ape over what you perceive to be a writer being wrong about a ranking. Just curious if you were similarly upset when they were all wrong about Richardson. Both players were in rankings, so there's the connection.
Again, Trent Richardson has little to nothing to do with why I think his take on Allen Robinson is terrible.

If someone doesn't think Allen Robinson is elite, that's fine. Literally no one is claiming that he is. I don't even think he is a top 15 WR yet. To say that his CEILING is or could be a "low end WR2" is just silly, though. I have to think that many of you getting your panties twisted over my criticism have no grasp on what CEILING is.

By saying that Allen Robinson's ceiling is a low-end WR2, one would be saying that even in a best case scenario (ie. Robinson develops AND Bortles turns into a franchise QB), Allen Robinson still has NO HOPE of being a top 15 WR.