Mike Wallace

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 am

Shawn wrote:I'd sell Wallace high and try to get a 1st round pick in return while his stock has skyrocketed apparently. Actually I'd sell him right now before the Steelers likely draft a WR in another week or so. Its asking a lot right now to think Wallace will fill the void left by Holmes leaving, there still are a lot of question marks right now regarding Wallace and their offense.
Agreed. Didn't everyone have a love affair with Sweed not that long ago anyway? What if this is the opportunity he needed to get himself focused and ready to go?
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 am

Sweed is like Hardy. Bust.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:23 am

Vintage wrote:Sweed is like Hardy. Bust.
Can we get an official rule regarding NSFW forum icons? I'd hate to have to stop browsing the forums during the day because I'm afraid a female co-worker will walk by........

Bubba: I'm not trying to start a fight. For the record though, an 'out' route has the receiver cutting towards a sideline 8-15 yards down the field. I've never heard anyone call a fly route an 'out'. :shock:

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

thevidon2 wrote:
Can we get an official rule regarding NSFW forum icons? I'd hate to have to stop browsing the forums during the day because I'm afraid a female co-worker will walk by........

Are you kidding me? Do you know how long it took me to find a 1972 GTO Judge with a chick on it? Lmao.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 am

If the Steelers trade away Big Ben, most of my hope for Wallace this year is going to go down in flames.

:(

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:03 am

thevidon2 wrote:If the Steelers trade away Big Ben, most of my hope for Wallace this year is going to go down in flames.

:(
Yea, there's a lot of uncertainty right now with the Steelers skilled position players...in fantasy and real life.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:04 am

I had Wallace on a deep league roster and was pretty excited at the Holmes trade. The latest has tempered that excitement. He's still a hold, IMO.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:44 pm

BubbaBurst wrote:
Pilate wrote:
thevidon2 wrote: You keep saying things about Wallace with conviction. Unfortunately you have been batting .000. He did not play out of the slot all year and in fact learned and played both flanker and split end (mostly flanker of the two). I'm not sure if you have just never watched him and are going off things you have heard? In any case I highly recommend you go watch Wallace in some games and then come back with your input.
Dang...the Vidon going Vince all over JB.... :lol:

----------------
Now playing: John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare
Considering I spent a full day last week fighting with Vince through private messages, and i recently started my quest to eliminate the Jax and Rod nicknames, I'm on a roll.
See what you call fighting I call discussing we should all know this by now :lol:

I will admit though... that was pretty ME-like, back in the day :lol: maybe us Philly people just have an edge to us :roll:

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Except Hardy didnt produce because 1) he isnt that physically talented 2) and 2 he has played in Buffalo, with terrible QB's and terrible weather....Sweed has had extenuating circumstances...and if Holmes hadnt been traded I wouldnt feel nearly as strongly as I do now. Because with Santonio gone, and Ward on the verge of retiring, I guarantee they give him an opportunity to redeem himself and contribute. GUARANTEE....And i think he could shock a lot of people. So why not take a flier on him? Everyone is giving up on him, so not like its gonna cost you much (probably a tad more than it did BEFORE the Holmes trade but still not much). And when he does, Im going to hear a bunch of doubters saying "well i need to see him do more"...and if he doesnt then....its not like i invested my team in him (maybe my confidence, but not my team) :lol: .

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:

Except Hardy didnt produce because 1) he isnt that physically talented 2) and 2 he has played in Buffalo, with terrible QB's and terrible weather....Sweed has had extenuating circumstances...and if Holmes hadnt been traded I wouldnt feel nearly as strongly as I do now. Because with Santonio gone, and Ward on the verge of retiring, I guarantee they give him an opportunity to redeem himself and contribute. GUARANTEE....And i think he could shock a lot of people. So why not take a flier on him? Everyone is giving up on him, so not like its gonna cost you much (probably a tad more than it did BEFORE the Holmes trade but still not much). And when he does, Im going to hear a bunch of doubters saying "well i need to see him do more"...and if he doesnt then....its not like i invested my team in him (maybe my confidence, but not my team) :lol: .
Very well put. He's worth the risk.