1.09 for 2.02 and 2.04 2010 rookie picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Pyrate, we start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), DST, PK

I just traded 2.01 and A. Brown for R. Brown, R. Williams, and 3.04. So my lineup would be...

QB Romo
RB Mendenhall, Williams/Brown, Jackson/Lynch (flex will be either Fins or Bills backfield)
WR Wayne, Marshall, V. Jackson
TE Winslow

Ray Rice is too darn expensive to acquire and I'm not convince Charles can or will be given the opportunity to handle a full load. Lynch's value is shot even amid possible trade rumors. Best to hold onto him. I think I got the Fin's backfield for a reasonable price and I understand it is a short term fix. I will reevaluate my roster after the NFL draft. Unless I get an offer I can't refuse I will keep the 1.09 pick.

Thanks

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 1.09 for 2.02 and 2.04 2010 rookie picks?

Postby ghost » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 pm

the_lung wrote:
ghost wrote:I have the 1.09 and also the 2.01 so it's really only a 3 spot drop. I am seriously considering the move down. What do you think?
Here's the thing: do you envision a large dropoff in tier talent at the 1.09 region? If you envision that the 1.09 pick offers you one of the last in a tier of a higher level of talent, then I would keep the pick. If you envision that there is very little difference between the 1.09 pick and the 2.02 & 2.04 rookie picks as far as the quality of talent goes, then trade down.
I have a specific player in mind I currently rank at #8 I think has a good chance of falling at 1.09. But I'm sure things will change after the NFL draft.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 1.09 for 2.02 and 2.04 2010 rookie picks?

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 am

ghost wrote:
the_lung wrote:
ghost wrote:I have the 1.09 and also the 2.01 so it's really only a 3 spot drop. I am seriously considering the move down. What do you think?
Here's the thing: do you envision a large dropoff in tier talent at the 1.09 region? If you envision that the 1.09 pick offers you one of the last in a tier of a higher level of talent, then I would keep the pick. If you envision that there is very little difference between the 1.09 pick and the 2.02 & 2.04 rookie picks as far as the quality of talent goes, then trade down.
I have a specific player in mind I currently rank at #8 I think has a good chance of falling at 1.09. But I'm sure things will change after the NFL draft.
Since you have a targeted player in that area, it looks like you should wait until after the NFL draft to decide. If you can pretty much rule your guy out as being there at 1.09, then make the trade. If you can't rule out that he'd be there at 1.09, then it's a decision you make on draft day... probably when your on the clock.