What is DMAC's value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

What is DMAC's value?

Postby pvballer3915 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 pm

What should i be expecting in return for him? I kinda need rbs but at the same time i want another RB. He is still young and has potential. What should i be looking at?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Even with Fargas gone, McFadden's value is still extremely low, and you won't get much for him. And with your current roster and draft picks, it could take you awhile to land a topflight RB.

Because I have more faith in DMac improving than I do of Forte recapturing his rookie magic, I'd probably try to move Forte in a move for an RB upgrade - you can probably get more for him than you can for DMac.

Good luck whatever you decide.

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 am

If you really want to move him, I would float him out there and see if there is any interest. I've seen him trade for a late 1st or early 2nd. If you can't get close to that, you are better holding and see what happens this season. If Oakland doesn't address their QB position, I have no idea how the RBs there can possibly hope to succeed no matter how talented they are.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:37 am

McFadden is a hold right now since it's highly doubtful you will be able to get anywhere near the kind of value you paid to get him. I doubt it happens but I would hate to be the owner that sold him for a late first/early second to then see him reach his potential on another team.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:33 am

For what it's worth, I tried to buy him cheap a few months ago, but they wanted a 2011 first round pick. My team is so bad right now that appears to be 1.1. He's being shopped for a first round pick, if you can get him for a late round 1 pick I think it's worth it. M. Bush is the real gem I'd prefer to go after though.

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:57 pm

His value is shot. You're lucky to get a late 1st for him. Probably best to hold onto him.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 pm

I wasnt tryin' to low-ball ya, Bert!

I was offering market value.

;)

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 pm

ya I don't see too much point in trading him when his value is so low right now. i would just sit tight and hope for the best, he'll be alright.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Devil's Advocate
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Devil's Advocate » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:45 pm

MrUbuto wrote:ya I don't see too much point in trading him when his value is so low right now. i would just sit tight and hope for the best, he'll be alright.
Agreed until the last part of your statement.
2009/2010 Devil's Dynasty Champion
2010 DLF Veterans Invitational Champion
2010 Beer Drinkers Dynasty Champion
2010 Devil's Dynasty II Champion

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:
MrUbuto wrote:ya I don't see too much point in trading him when his value is so low right now. i would just sit tight and hope for the best, he'll be alright.
lol well I guess we need to define "alright" :lol:

I'm still quite high on the guy, a decent rookie season and an awful 2nd season in oakland dosn't tell me much. Is it the man or is it oakland? I'm inclined to say its oakland.. the next question is can he ever get out? or can oakland ever turn it around?

I'd give a low to mid 1st rounder for the guy still
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 am

MrUbuto wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
lol well I guess we need to define "alright" :lol:

I'm still quite high on the guy, a decent rookie season and an awful 2nd season in oakland dosn't tell me much. Is it the man or is it oakland? I'm inclined to say its oakland.. the next question is can he ever get out? or can oakland ever turn it around?

I'd give a low to mid 1st rounder for the guy still
Exactly, so with all of those questions, why would you invest even a low first in a guy like that?

Smells like Reggie Bush Lite to me...

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 am

Last month I traded away McFadden & my 2.6 for another owner's 1.7. I'm really happy with that. McFadden would've most likely got cut from my team anyways when it's time to trim the roster. Luckily I have a Raiders fan in the league. Looking forward to having the 1.4 & 1.7 in this year's rookie draft!

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 am

McFadden interests me. You will not see his true talent until the Raiders have a QB and an offensive line (so don't hold your breath), but I think he is a good buy-low candidate.

If you have him on the roster, he is a hold (imo). If you can afford to stash him, do so and see. If you can't, dump him and see what you can get. Maybe you too can write a story like jordanzs (good trade btw)!!!!