Calvin Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Re: Calvin Trade

Postby operwapitsai » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Mighty to Save wrote:
operwapitsai wrote:Are the responders under the impression Calvin is an aging injury prone WR or do you still like him? Just wondering your thoughts on him
It's the NFL. Everybody is injury prone.

It's a good deal for Calvin.

Agreed, on your first point. It just seems Calvins value has taken a hit from being a top 3 asset this time last year, to people selling him for the 1.03/1.04 straight up which is like.....Hyde value, who has done 0 in this league
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

jamesorr1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jamesorr1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Not a bad haul.
14 Team .4 PPR IDP Dynasty Salary Cap
30 Man Roster
Start: QB RB WR WR TE FLEX FLEX 2xLB 1xDB
6 points for all TD's
QB: Winston/Geno
RB: DMartin/Ivory/Helu/Riddick/CMike/Dunbar/Rainey/Josh Robinson/Karlos Wiliiams
WR: Hopkins/Evans/Edelman/VJax/Crabtree/Hankerson/TLockett/
BColeman/JHardy/Smelter/Pryor
Te JCameron/Larry Donnell/Housler
Lb J.Jenkins/Weatherspoon/JMcClain
Db Adam Jones/Shamarko

StrikeAnywhere
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:02 pm

HawkeyeState wrote:
StrikeAnywhere wrote:I still have Calvin in my top 12, but age is becoming a small factor at this point. I value him around the same as Evans and Watkins. I don't care about the injury thing at all.
All it takes is Calvin to miss 1 or 2 games and his value drops just like Brandon Marshall has. Good luck holding
I dont actually own him in any leagues at the moment, but as a contender I would pay at similar levrls to Watkins to put him in my lineup. Honestly I would rather acquire and ride him till he dies than have most others in my lineup options.
Contract dynasty football with IDP's are my jam.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:05 pm

you need to get your 2.1 out of this deal. 2.1= 2016 1st. so essentially your looking at 1.1 and mason for calvin. unless you fully intend to go wr, this shouldnt interest you imo. and honestly unless you intend to take cooper i wouldnt take it. he is the safest guy out there. dont get me wrong, 1.1 is nice, but hasnt played a down in the league. i would target the owners of 1.1-1.4 and see what they would offer for calvin alone. you dont want to be the one starting to add pieces imo. i honestly dont even think this is that strong of an offer. again 2.1 equals the future 1st. 1.1 is nice, but you can get a safer or better player plus an early pick, or i would just hold him.

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:38 pm

sloth8u wrote:you need to get your 2.1 out of this deal. 2.1= 2016 1st. so essentially your looking at 1.1 and mason for calvin. unless you fully intend to go wr, this shouldnt interest you imo. and honestly unless you intend to take cooper i wouldnt take it. he is the safest guy out there. dont get me wrong, 1.1 is nice, but hasnt played a down in the league. i would target the owners of 1.1-1.4 and see what they would offer for calvin alone. you dont want to be the one starting to add pieces imo. i honestly dont even think this is that strong of an offer. again 2.1 equals the future 1st. 1.1 is nice, but you can get a safer or better player plus an early pick, or i would just hold him.
thank you thank you thank you

I was waiting for a response like this

The guy with the 1.01 has the 1.02 and 1.03 so these are all talking points.
I would have just never expected that Calvin and a ~first would be equal to ~3 firsts
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

trader101
Role Player
Role Player

Postby trader101 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:54 am

Good value for Calvin...esp with your wr's
2Qb, 2Rb, 3Wr, 1Te, 1Rb/Wr/Te, 1D/St, 1K. Roster 20, Keep 10, Roster 20, 0.5 ppr league
Qb: Russel Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor
Rb: Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware, Jordan Howard, Keith Marshall, Tim Hightower
Wr: Deandre Hopkins, Randall Cobb, TY Hilton, Michael Floyd, Corey Coleman, Phillip Dorsett
Te: Delanie Walker
K: N/A
D/ST: Arizona Cardinals

klazk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby klazk » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:40 am

sloth8u wrote:you need to get your 2.1 out of this deal. 2.1= 2016 1st. so essentially your looking at 1.1 and mason for calvin. unless you fully intend to go wr, this shouldnt interest you imo. and honestly unless you intend to take cooper i wouldnt take it. he is the safest guy out there. dont get me wrong, 1.1 is nice, but hasnt played a down in the league. i would target the owners of 1.1-1.4 and see what they would offer for calvin alone. you dont want to be the one starting to add pieces imo. i honestly dont even think this is that strong of an offer. again 2.1 equals the future 1st. 1.1 is nice, but you can get a safer or better player plus an early pick, or i would just hold him.
I would echo this. Even with your roster, I would much rather have a good solid young receiver back instead of Mason.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:59 am

trader101 wrote:Good value for Calvin...esp with your wr's
you shouldnt sell your guys cheap just because you are strong at a position. i dont sell leveon bell for 1.1 because i have charles, lynch, hill, and lacy already rostered on that team. its kind of funny you bring this up, because i receive offers all the time insuating that because im strong somewhere, that i should sell my guy for cheap.

trader101
Role Player
Role Player

Postby trader101 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:49 pm

sloth8u wrote:
trader101 wrote:Good value for Calvin...esp with your wr's
you shouldnt sell your guys cheap just because you are strong at a position. i dont sell leveon bell for 1.1 because i have charles, lynch, hill, and lacy already rostered on that team. its kind of funny you bring this up, because i receive offers all the time insuating that because im strong somewhere, that i should sell my guy for cheap.
I think it's great value for Calvin in general...that's 3 first with one of them being the 1.1. The fact that it makes sense for his team just helps him press the accept button
2Qb, 2Rb, 3Wr, 1Te, 1Rb/Wr/Te, 1D/St, 1K. Roster 20, Keep 10, Roster 20, 0.5 ppr league
Qb: Russel Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor
Rb: Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware, Jordan Howard, Keith Marshall, Tim Hightower
Wr: Deandre Hopkins, Randall Cobb, TY Hilton, Michael Floyd, Corey Coleman, Phillip Dorsett
Te: Delanie Walker
K: N/A
D/ST: Arizona Cardinals