Fitz for Golden + picks?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Fitz for Golden + picks?

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:19 am

I have Fitzgerald in a PPR dynasty, I want to offer Fitz for Golden Tate + a draft pick, not sure what the pick would need to be for it to be reasonably fair. Thanks

EDIT: Just to be clear, I have already spoken with the Tate owner. Just trying to feel out what would be more or less fair.
Last edited by MegatronFF on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajb3313
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Fitz for Golden + picks?

Postby ajb3313 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:28 am

Not to be rude, but couldn't you just e-mail the Tate owner and say, "hey, I'm interested in Golden Tate and would be willing to offer Larry Fitzgerald, but I feel like I need a bit more back to make it even. First of all, are you interested? And second, what kind of pick could we include to get the deal done?"

A reasonable case could be made that any number of single picks make the fair deal, just like cases could be made to the contrary. So have a dialogue with the guy you're actually going to deal with. Besides, it's kind of annoying to be blindly offered trades with no dialogue beforehand.
(12 Teams, Non-PPR, 15 Keeper Dynasty)
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Charles Sims, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Dwayne Washington
WR: Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Quincy Enunwa, Laquon Treadwell, Dorial Green-Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce

MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:34 am

You aren't being rude, appreciate the response. I have already spoken to the Tate owner. The issue is I'm a Lions fan and he's a Seahawks fan so it's a bit difficult for us to remain unbiased.

He has already told me he is interested in dealing Tate so I decided I'd try the DLF forums to see if an early 2nd, late 2nd, early 3rd, or late 3rd rookie pick would be fair to add on. Quite simply- if you had Fitz, what pick would you ask for in addition to Tate to get the deal done?

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:44 am

MegatronFF wrote:You aren't being rude, appreciate the response. I have already spoken to the Tate owner. The issue is I'm a Lions fan and he's a Seahawks fan so it's a bit difficult for us to remain unbiased.

He has already told me he is interested in dealing Tate so I decided I'd try the DLF forums to see if an early 2nd, late 2nd, early 3rd, or late 3rd rookie pick would be fair to add on. Quite simply- if you had Fitz, what pick would you ask for in addition to Tate to get the deal done?
I'm pretty high on Tate and have never appreciated Fitz as much as many (poor QB play has killed a large part of his what-could-have-been brilliant career). That being said, I don't think any of those picks would be nearly enough. I think you need a late first at minimum to even consider this.

MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:50 am

With Golden being just 25 years old I was unsure if a first rounder would be too much to ask for, but rather aim high and get bargained down. Thanks for the response doktor.

npowellff
Starter
Starter

Postby npowellff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:54 am

I'd probably try Fitz + 3rd for Tate/1st, but only if you are in the "Fitz will never be a WR1 again" camp.

ajb3313
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajb3313 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:40 am

MegatronFF wrote:You aren't being rude, appreciate the response. I have already spoken to the Tate owner. The issue is I'm a Lions fan and he's a Seahawks fan so it's a bit difficult for us to remain unbiased.

I guess what I'm saying is, none of those would be "unfair." I'm sure somewhere there's an owner that would pair a first-rounder with Golden Tate if it means getting Larry Fitzgerald. Everyone's valuations are different. But if you're worried about offering something insulting, I'm not sure any pick would be. Again, better to have a dialogue about it than start proposing things.
(12 Teams, Non-PPR, 15 Keeper Dynasty)
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Eddie Lacy, Jeremy Hill, Charles Sims, Dion Lewis, Ameer Abdullah, Dwayne Washington
WR: Brandin Cooks, Keenan Allen, Donte Moncrief, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Quincy Enunwa, Laquon Treadwell, Dorial Green-Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce

MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 am

Perhaps you are misunderstanding what I was asking (or I didn't frame the question very well). I just wanted to know what you, personally, would ask for. I just wanted some opinions so I could go from there. PickleJuice said Fitz/3 for Tate/1st ... doktor said that he wouldn't move Fitz for Tate without at least a first rounder being added, and he's not even high on Fitz. That is more or less what I wanted to know.

hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hammertoes » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:09 am

ajb3313 wrote:I guess what I'm saying is, none of those would be "unfair." I'm sure somewhere there's an owner that would pair a first-rounder with Golden Tate if it means getting Larry Fitzgerald. Everyone's valuations are different. But if you're worried about offering something insulting, I'm not sure any pick would be. Again, better to have a dialogue about it than start proposing things.
I think he understands this. He's asking for our opinion. If you wanted to you could answer every post on this board with "Go talk to the other guy about it".

I think that considering the difference in age and QB throwing to them, I might value Fitz and Tate as close to equal. That being said, the general perception is that Fitz is worth more, so I'd ask for a late first if he has one and negotiate down. I'd be happy with a mid second.

Care to help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64634

MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:12 am

Appreciate the response hammertoes... I definitely agree with you about Fitz's 'perceived value', which seems to be much higher than his actual value. Gonna go with the Fitz for Tate/Late 1st and negotiate from there. Thanks for the responses everybody.

npowellff
Starter
Starter

Postby npowellff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:23 am

I think the appropriate thing to do here is trade AJG and two firsts for Hakeem nicks. It's just the right thing to
do.

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am

It'd take Fitz for Tate+1 for me to move him. Think at most I'd throw in a late 3rd/4th but Fitz is the kind of guy who could extend his career well beyond the typical plateau and maintain numbers we only hope Tate will have.
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
RB Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Riddick,
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin
TE Cameron, Pitta, Bostick, Kelce, Griffin

2014: 2.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.10; 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09

Team 2 - 12 team ppr - 21 man roster/4 man TS - 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1 DST 1 K
QB - Romo, Vick
RB - Lamar, Greene, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Helu
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith
TE - Green, Witten, Robinson
2014: 1.08, 2.05, 3.08, 4.05

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/a_swinderman

MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:27 am

PickleJuice wrote:I think the appropriate thing to do here is trade AJG and two firsts for Hakeem nicks. It's just the right thing to
do.
Hahaha :nono:

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 am

Yeah Fitz = Tate+1st or at least that would be what I would want.
Tate might be awesome next to Calvin but Fitz was still WR16 in PPR leagues and with an injured hammy 1/2 the season.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MegatronFF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby MegatronFF » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 am

maxhyde wrote:Yeah Fitz = Tate+1st or at least that would be what I would want.
Tate might be awesome next to Calvin but Fitz was still WR16 in PPR leagues and with an injured hammy 1/2 the season.
Good point Max, appreciate the response.