DLF Listener League - Follow Along And Comment

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
deputylefty
Starter
Starter

Re: DLF Listener League - Follow Along And Comment

Postby deputylefty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:24 am

Why was the trade reversed? Bead it because one owner lied to another owner as to who he was going to pick? Is that an appropriate reason to reverse a trade? Ok, so one owner lied. Now nobody will trust him. That's the bed he made that he needs to lie (pun intended) in.

Lying is not a good way to establish relationships in a league.

As for Brian D., his strategy of going BPA (drafting 3 QBs in the first 8 rounds) is a ballsy one. I guess we will see how it plays out.
@CapnHuggyFace

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 am

Jules wrote:
KB_fantasy wrote:Yes, I think it has helped those with the late draft slots and those already with QBs. Some large avg point diff at the QB spot.
Biggest winners are definitely Nick, Jimmy, and whoever winds up with Kaepernick. Not only do they face weaker competition from those of us without a QB, but they still got their QBs very late.
There are a ton of viable QB2s particularly played in tandem. I don't think there will be an increased price on QBs for trade purposes. At least that has not been the case as I've seen it in leagues I've played in.

eyeofthegator
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby eyeofthegator » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:33 am

deputylefty wrote:Why was the trade reversed? Bead it because one owner lied to another owner as to who he was going to pick? Is that an appropriate reason to reverse a trade? Ok, so one owner lied. Now nobody will trust him. That's the bed he made that he needs to lie (pun intended) in.
Ultimately it was reversed voluntarily. But I will say:

If you tell someone as part of a trade that you are trading up to take a certain player knowing that the other player is relying on that in accepting the deal, then that becomes part of the deal in my opinion.

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:38 am

dlf_jarrettb wrote:
deputylefty wrote:Why was the trade reversed? Bead it because one owner lied to another owner as to who he was going to pick? Is that an appropriate reason to reverse a trade? Ok, so one owner lied. Now nobody will trust him. That's the bed he made that he needs to lie (pun intended) in.
Ultimately it was reversed voluntarily. But I will say:

If you tell someone as part of a trade that you are trading up to take a certain player knowing that the other player is relying on that in accepting the deal, then that becomes part of the deal in my opinion.
No way, the only things that can be part of the trade are the items involved in the trade. Promises (about the league or otherwise) are not a tradeable commodity.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:39 am

dlf_jarrettb wrote: Ultimately it was reversed voluntarily.
Good on Dan for that. It's easy to get caught up in the competition, but you want to win by being better, not by being sneaky (or worse).
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

deputylefty
Starter
Starter

Postby deputylefty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 am

Jules wrote:
dlf_jarrettb wrote: Ultimately it was reversed voluntarily.
Good on Dan for that. It's easy to get caught up in the competition, but you want to win by being better, not by being sneaky (or worse).
Being "sneaky" is part of the equation IMO. But the more you play with fire, the more likely you'll get burned.
@CapnHuggyFace

eyeofthegator
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby eyeofthegator » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46 am

ccj wrote:No way, the only things that can be part of the trade are the items involved in the trade. Promises (about the league or otherwise) are not a tradeable commodity.
I disagree with this completely. You are entitled to your opinion however.

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:59 am

Jules wrote:
KB_fantasy wrote:Yes, I think it has helped those with the late draft slots and those already with QBs. Some large avg point diff at the QB spot.
Biggest winners are definitely Nick, Jimmy, and whoever winds up with Kaepernick. Not only do they face weaker competition from those of us without a QB, but they still got their QBs very late.
I went into the 7th originally trying to get a QB, but when I noticed everyone picking after me had a QB, I figured I could have my choice of anyone on the backswing in the 8th. Then RGIII/Wilson went to the Cam owner and I started to panic. Matt Ryan just barely made it back to me! (The guy I wanted all along, no less!)
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am

Zounder wrote: I went into the 7th originally trying to get a QB, but when I noticed everyone picking after me had a QB, I figured I could have my choice of anyone on the backswing in the 8th. Then RGIII/Wilson went to the Cam owner and I started to panic. Matt Ryan just barely made it back to me! (The guy I wanted all along, no less!)
If you win the lottery, are you going to walk down to the unemployment office and brag about it? Jerk! :)

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 am

Only because it was such a close call! :P I have learned my lesson, though: Even when every team has a QB in between your picks, assume nothing!
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

jrnall2
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jrnall2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:27 am

It will be interesting to see if anyone trades with Brian D. A team with no RBs is likely in the bottom 6. Why balance the competition when the bottom 6 get dropped?

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 am

jrnall2 wrote:It will be interesting to see if anyone trades with Brian D. A team with no RBs is likely in the bottom 6. Why balance the competition when the bottom 6 get dropped?
I agree. I think he may have sealed his fate, but stranger things have happened.

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:17 pm

jrnall2 wrote:It will be interesting to see if anyone trades with Brian D. A team with no RBs is likely in the bottom 6. Why balance the competition when the bottom 6 get dropped?
Thing is, a team without a starting QB is also likely in the bottom 6.

On another note, I'm officially upgrading my Hernandez worry meter from "not worried" to "somewhat concerned." I am gonna be pretty annoyed if he ends up in jail/suspended, for two reasons:

1. I took him over Gronk due to the drop 6 format
and
2. In my other dynasty league, the start-up was last year and my third round pick was Britt, who, just like now, is in trouble with police a day after I drafted him before the draft is even over. I'm just never gonna make a 3rd round pick ever again!
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Due to the rules of the format how this plays out is going to be pretty interesting.

jrnall2
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jrnall2 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Zounder wrote:
Thing is, a team without a starting QB is also likely in the bottom 6.
True. But a starting QB of Bradford, Eli or Roethlisberger is much more tolerable than starting the RBs left on the board every week.